Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised by the stance of Wenger or Arsenal in the slightest.

Just goes to show... no chance this will be completed by Saturday as stated by many.

Hope you were in the eastern parts then, cause the weather has been shit here in the west where I live. Other than that I hope you enjoyed your stay. Hopefully this turns out to be a good week transfer wise.

Cheers, but I think you've been unlucky mate.

I've been working in the West most of the time but still managed plenty of sunshine, boats & balcony's & even a beach, inbetween. Shall now be getting pissed, fishing etc for about 3 weeks & so long as there's a reasonable share of sunshine, I don't mind some shite weather thrown in. It is really beautiful either way.

Only disappointment is missing the cricket.

If we can get some fullbacks returning from holiday during the week, & release Kolarov as a reward for his long service, I think we will be one good cb away from the best squad in football.

Don't give a toss about Sanchez personally. Looking at the options, an on form Sané would be the first name on my team sheet.

Everytime i log into this thread after seeing lots of new pages added in a short amount of time and wasting the next 10 minutes reading them.
zl4moWNYso2QmmhxEREFNednKYSX8gpxNk3Xvl_7iVsCa5NeRDeOkr_5VHeL9worsfhb-jrT_WHWdqqhp_i4AT-8BcqGhC9VxGjzPBIWzgElCzoC-7cdlXqYZMsSrEJj2A=w204-h200-nc

Hi GL we have had a City viewpoint which you obviously disagree with so first of all do you think City are interested and if so at what stage do you feel they have reached.

I think City are interested which explains the press speculation.

I don't think they have made a bid but maybe have lodged an expression of interest.

I can't see Sanchez being let go unless we sign a Mbappe and Lemar/Mahrez.

Put yourself in Wenger's position, because of the need to fund the new stadium we experienced 10 years of austerity having to sell players we'd ideally liked to have kept. I'd say in those circumstances qualifying every year for 20 years for the CL was some achievement. We are no longer in that financial position. Wenger knows all too well the frustrations of the fans. He has signed a 2 year extension. I believe it will be his last contract at Arsenal (he will be 70 by then). He will want to go out having done everything to win the Title. I think Kroenke respects him enough to let him have a completely free hand over transfers. If he cannot get the marquee signings I mentioned above, Sanchez will stay regardless of losing him in 12 months and for no value. Challenging for the Title is more important than losing £50m (actually £42m when you deduct the pay rise he's been offered).

That's my analysis. Only time will tell if I'm suffering from the same fault of confirmation bias as the rest of you but there you have it.

If he doesn't come, I'd say the Arsenal fans will have the last and loudest laugh...

Yeah, but their fans genuinely think Lacazette is the guy who will fire them to the PL title. The guy who can't even get a game for France ahead of the other bang Average Arsenal striker Giroud. Sanchez would be nice, but even without him our attacking options blow theirs away. FB positions are way more important to us. In fact, i kind of only want to sign Sanchez for the Arsenal Mania meltdown. I want to see Slartibartfast, THunter, Ronaldomadness and a few of the other 14 year old "Blood-Fams" crying tears of the purest gold.

The whole thing's irrelevant to them really which is the ironic part. Even if the were to keep Sanchez and sign Lemar, it's Arsenal ffs!... They will remain as irrelevant in the PL as they have been for over a decade.

Hi chaps and chappettes. Arsenal fan, no animosity transfer window is after all silly season!

Just came in as I saw a post RE wage bill. Just for clarity we have no issues in terms of wages.

We have around 100-150m to spend in transfer fees/agent fees. We've already spent 50m of that on Kolasinac and Lacazette. After that we'll probably sign Lemar for around £50m and be done for this window unless someone leaves.

Our outgoings will come in handy. From the definite players leaving (Perez, Szczesny, Debuchy, Gibbs, Jenkinson, Akpom, Joel Campbell) we will yield 15m a year in wages and transfer fees around the 50m mark.

All of that revenue will be used against the yearly wage bill which is allowed. Our wage bill would increase by a maximum of £40m a year if Alexis, Ozil, Ox and Ramsey sign their new contracts. (20m) After that Lacazette, Lemar and Kolasinac take up the rest.

No issues with wages.

Yeah, but their fans genuinely think Lacazette is the guy who will fire them to the PL title. The guy who can't even get a game for France ahead of the other bang Average Arsenal striker Giroud. Sanchez would be nice, but even without him our attacking options blow theirs away. FB positions are way more important to us. In fact, i kind of only want to sign Sanchez for the Arsenal Mania meltdown. I want to see Slartibartfast, THunter, Ronaldomadness and a few of the other 14 year old "Blood-Fams" crying tears of the purest gold.

The whole thing's irrelevant to them really which is the ironic part. Even if the were to keep Sanchez and sign Lemar, it's Arsenal ffs!... They will remain as irrelevant in the PL as they have been for over a decade.

Yeah, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.