Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahahahaha Arsenal fans are hurting.
BBC news channel just had a story on Wengers comments suggesting Sanchez 'could' renew his contract next season.

What did the video clip show?
Alexis scoring against us last season. Coincidence?
Hehe...

Boo Hoo

I think City are interested which explains the press speculation.

I don't think they have made a bid but maybe have lodged an expression of interest.

I can't see Sanchez being let go unless we sign a Mbappe and Lemar/Mahrez.

Put yourself in Wenger's position, because of the need to fund the new stadium we experienced 10 years of austerity having to sell players we'd ideally liked to have kept. I'd say in those circumstances qualifying every year for 20 years for the CL was some achievement. We are no longer in that financial position. Wenger knows all too well the frustrations of the fans. He has signed a 2 year extension. I believe it will be his last contract at Arsenal (he will be 70 by then). He will want to go out having done everything to win the Title. I think Kroenke respects him enough to let him have a completely free hand over transfers. If he cannot get the marquee signings I mentioned above, Sanchez will stay regardless of losing him in 12 months and for no value. Challenging for the Title is more important than losing £50m (actually £42m when you deduct the pay rise he's been offered).

That's my analysis. Only time will tell if I'm suffering from the same fault of confirmation bias as the rest of you but there you have it.
There is no way Mbappe will join Arsenal, he will have the choice of many Champions League clubs.

Just my opinion, but we will finish above you (again) whether we have Sanchez or not. I think it's far more important for you to keep him, as in the image it gives to other players, as it is for us to buy him.

I think City are interested which explains the press speculation.

I don't think they have made a bid but maybe have lodged an expression of interest.

I can't see Sanchez being let go unless we sign a Mbappe and Lemar/Mahrez.

Put yourself in Wenger's position, because of the need to fund the new stadium we experienced 10 years of austerity having to sell players we'd ideally liked to have kept. I'd say in those circumstances qualifying every year for 20 years for the CL was some achievement. We are no longer in that financial position. Wenger knows all too well the frustrations of the fans. He has signed a 2 year extension. I believe it will be his last contract at Arsenal (he will be 70 by then). He will want to go out having done everything to win the Title. I think Kroenke respects him enough to let him have a completely free hand over transfers. If he cannot get the marquee signings I mentioned above, Sanchez will stay regardless of losing him in 12 months and for no value. Challenging for the Title is more important than losing £50m (actually £42m when you deduct the pay rise he's been offered).

That's my analysis. Only time will tell if I'm suffering from the same fault of confirmation bias as the rest of you but there you have it.

It's funny how ours is bias and yours is analysis.

Wenger was very specific with his words this morning. Never said explicitly that he expects Sanchez to stay. If he could honestly say that, he would.

Title is more important than losing £50m (actually £42m when you deduct the pay rise he's been offered).

Am I being thick here. Could you explain how that maths works please, because I don't understand what you mean. If you keep him don't you lose £50m and also have to pay his wages as well?

Haha this arsenal fan thinks they're gonna sign Mbappe. They never learn, all these exciting rumours are for you to renew your season ticket which you will do and then you end up with redmond.

Arsey Whinger on Sanchez:

“That’s a question I didn’t expect today! The pressure starts again – the first press conference and we are there! We’ll see. The players have contracts and we expect them to respect their contracts, and that’s what we want. It’s a continuity of what I said at the end of last season. That’s what we will do.”

“It is just [important] to make up your mind. The easiest way to manage a player in the final year of their contract is in his interest to do as well as he can. Nobody knows today if Alexis will be in the final year of his contract this season, because he can extend as well with us at the start of the season or during the season, so it is not necessarily the last year of his contract at Arsenal Football Club.”

A little non-committal. If Sanchez had fully committed to The Arse then I think Whinger would be a little more upbeat than that.

The easiest way to manage a player in the final year of their contract...
well, wenger certainly has pleny of experience at that.
arsenal continually and stupidly allow players to run down their contracts.

wenger can't even find his own pocket.

Wenger does remind me of someone

th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.