Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is what baffles me with Arsenal fans on this matter. I get the need to keep him this summer, to not be perceived as a feeder club to the title challengers and the desperate need to get top 4 next season and the inability to replace Sanchez with similar quality, that all makes sense, but the guy clearly wants out. It would take winning a competition you're not even in to make him think about staying. I doubt even winning the league would be enough and you have virtually no chance of doing that even with a 100% committed Sanchez every week, you're so far behind 3-4 other sides it would take all of them having disastrous seasons to stand a chance.

Sanchez can walk for free next summer, if he's motivated purely by money as most of your fanbase suggests, you could offer him 500k a week but he'd still be better off rejecting because he can command half that in the summer and a ridiculous signing on bonus. If he truly wants to leave to increase his chances of winning titles and the Champs league then that's not something Arsenal can realistically offer him in the next few years, you've got a lot of rebuilding to do before Arsenal can think about that and Sanchez doesn't have that kind of time. He's leaving, be it this summer or (more likely) next.

You could argue that if he truly wanted the champions league he would've moved to Bayern and happily been there for 200k a week, I think that's a huge factor in this. No doubts City are going to be strong next year but I can't see you winning the champions league.

This is what baffles me with Arsenal fans on this matter. I get the need to keep him this summer, to not be perceived as a feeder club to the title challengers and the desperate need to get top 4 next season and the inability to replace Sanchez with similar quality, that all makes sense, but the guy clearly wants out. It would take winning a competition you're not even in to make him think about staying. I doubt even winning the league would be enough and you have virtually no chance of doing that even with a 100% committed Sanchez every week, you're so far behind 3-4 other sides it would take all of them having disastrous seasons to stand a chance.

Sanchez can walk for free next summer, if he's motivated purely by money as most of your fanbase suggests, you could offer him 500k a week but he'd still be better off rejecting because he can command half that in the summer and a ridiculous signing on bonus. If he truly wants to leave to increase his chances of winning titles and the Champs league then that's not something Arsenal can realistically offer him in the next few years, you've got a lot of rebuilding to do before Arsenal can think about that and Sanchez doesn't have that kind of time. He's leaving, be it this summer or (more likely) next.

Also it depends on what sort of project Wenger is selling him. I'll be the first to admit we need to sign a CM this summer AND Lemar along with what we already have to challenge for the title. Its unlikely we'll do that, but we're changing a hell of a lot on and off the pitch. 6 huge changes so far and we've only just gone on tour.

You have to remember we were only 3 points off you's and 1 point off Liverpool last season. That was our worst season for 20 years. To get 75 points out of a season that bad is mind blowing. If we keep what we have, add the striker we've craved in Lacazette and also a solid left wing back going forward and back in Kolasinac you can't help but think that only adds to the 75 points from last season?

On top of that if we were to sign Lemar you then have the attacking depth to deal with all competitions. We're still a CM short of winning the title but we aren't as far away as people think with the current squad.

I can see you not winning the Champions League

That's obvious, we won't win the champions league for a long time. But neither will you guys while Bayern, Madrid, Barca and Juve are so dominant. They're a cut above absolutely everyone.

I think when Gabriel Jesus really comes into his own that's when you'll have a chance. Future ballon D'or nominee that boy.

That's obvious, we won't win the champions league for a long time. But neither will you guys while Bayern, Madrid, Barca and Juve are so dominant. They're a cut above absolutely everyone.

I think when Gabriel Jesus really comes into his own that's when you'll have a chance. Future ballon D'or nominee that boy.
And for £27 million... we hit the jackpot there fella.

Absolutely what a bloody bargain! I love him, he has Alexis' tenacity with more flair and technical ability. Also an eye for goal, honestly one of the best in the league already.
He seems to have all the pundits lauding over him.

He has a fantastic eye for where the ball will be so to speak.

I don't think they are. Barcelona, Bayern, Real Madrid all short of where they were in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.