Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely depends on how far Alexis will go I agree. I don't know what he's plotting or what his agent is plotting. Our offer on the table was 300k a week and we haven't had anything back from Alexis camp apparently.

We're lucky that he's the sort of player who can't stand not playing, if we keep him but he wants to leave there will be an agreement where he gives 100%. If we don't get that agreement from him he will be sold. It won't be cheap though, I'm thinking £60m would force our hand IF the player genuinely doesn't want to play for us.

Right now though he hasn't said he doesn't want to play for us, hasn't said he wants to leave either, just isn't signing his current contract offer.

Yeah you really need those full backs in dude!
I admire Sanchez. I really don't think he's the type of player to coast, although he looked very frustrated last season. we'll see what happens. I'm quite happy with our attacking options although I can see why Pep would want him in the short term. City have to challenge for the title next season. Right now, centre-forward looks the last position at the club that needs addressing. I'd rather City put the money we've allocated towards Sanchez, and just pay Levy and Monaco what they want to get the full backs in, but maybe there's all kinds of alternatives on the table that we don't know about. Such is life. It's not been too bad of late to be fair. I think I have to do some work now. This afternoon has been very distracting

It's now or never for Sanchez from his point of view, he won't get a move again if he stays there, he will put in a transfer request -Wenger can refuse it but is he really that stupid to keep a player who doesn't want to be there?

Sanchez was painful to watch last season with his obvious disenchantment, what will he be like playing on Thursday and Sunday's?

Mertesacker won't so we'll bring in another centre half for sure.

Alexis probably 50/50, if he stays with us this summer then there's every chance he signs an extension during the season depending on how it goes.

This is what baffles me with Arsenal fans on this matter. I get the need to keep him this summer, to not be perceived as a feeder club to the title challengers and the desperate need to get top 4 next season and the inability to replace Sanchez with similar quality, that all makes sense, but the guy clearly wants out. It would take winning a competition you're not even in to make him think about staying. I doubt even winning the league would be enough and you have virtually no chance of doing that even with a 100% committed Sanchez every week, you're so far behind 3-4 other sides it would take all of them having disastrous seasons to stand a chance.

Sanchez can walk for free next summer, if he's motivated purely by money as most of your fanbase suggests, you could offer him 500k a week but he'd still be better off rejecting because he can command half that in the summer and a ridiculous signing on bonus. If he truly wants to leave to increase his chances of winning titles and the Champs league then that's not something Arsenal can realistically offer him in the next few years, you've got a lot of rebuilding to do before Arsenal can think about that and Sanchez doesn't have that kind of time. He's leaving, be it this summer or (more likely) next.

It's now or never for Sanchez from his point of view, he won't get a move again if he stays there, he will put in a transfer request -Wenger can refuse it but is he really that stupid to keep a player who doesn't want to be there?

Sanchez was painful to watch last season with his obvious disenchantment, what will he be like playing on Thursday and Sunday's?

It really depends on many factors. I was almost certain that he would go to Bayern or PSG, namely bayern. But even Bayern won't pay his huge wages so that tells me he's not even willing to take a smaller pay rise to almost certainly be in the semi final/final of the CL for the next 3 seasons.

I dont think he'll stay here for one more season and leave on a free knowing he could get 300k a week out of us. So it is genuinely him staying with us or him leaving to another premier league club.

I'm just glad we can pay his huge wage demands these days otherwise I would 100% be resigned to him leaving.

IF he stays with us and we make the correct aquasitions (done well so far) then I think we'll challenge for the title but only if he stays as well. Those two are huge IF's when it comes to Arsenal though.

I am quite surprised considering our interest there has been absolutely no reports of a bid yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.