Alexis Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's happened has gone beyond money. Sanchez is already a fantastically wealthy individual who now has to make his biggest decision ever at the peak of his career.

After his next contract, it will probably be downhill from there. If Sanchez was interested in money alone, he would have accepted Arsenal's improved terms or the riches PSG apparently offered ages ago.

Money is important, but it's obviously where his career lies which is even more important to him.

Absolutely this.

It's difficult to predict how Sanchez is going to react but one thing is for sure this is not a Suarez situation: Sanchez has been properly fucked over by Arsenal.

If he has got any sense he will maintain his fitness, go through the motions on the pitch, stink out the dressing room and sit tight until January.

So a player who could be soon become a free agent will give 100%. No way. A bad challenge, a poor decision on the pitch from either the player himself or an opponent and his career would be over. And there would be no income once he`s a free agent. If Sanchez does not sign another contract for Arsenal he will coast to the end of his Arsenal stint. He`s potentially 10 months away from the biggest pay cheque of his life.
totally disagree,sanchez is a very wealthy yong man already,he's got a world cup hopefully next year and also think he's a good pro and play well for arsenal till end of season.won't do himself any favours to down tools!

Not getting Sanchez and or Mbappe will have caused us a problem. It's clear the spine will be our focus next year with at least one centre back and at least a centre midfielder. We'll now also need to look at a striker as well. Needing to buy and bed in these players in a World Cup year won't be easy IMO. On that basis securing Sanchez in January will save one headache.

totally disagree,sanchez is a very wealthy yong man already,he's got a world cup hopefully next year and also think he's a good pro and play well for arsenal till end of season.won't do himself any favours to down tools!

One of the highest profile "Bosman" cases was Steve McManaman......I`m not saying he will down tools, but he will not be fully committed.

In McManaman's final games for the club in the second half of the 1998-99 season, he began turning in mixed performances, with the media accusing him of playing out his final season in a "desultory manner". His form dipped at times, arguably due to a combination of injuries, being restricted to substitute appearances (as Houllier wanted to cut the side's dependency on his gameplay and replace him), and loss of confidence in certain games where even the home fans turned against him over the contract debacle, with some labelling him a "traitor" and a Judas figure. McManaman told the media after one such game where he became victim of the "boo boys", saying, "That's understandable, when I came off the other day I knew the reaction there was going to be. But I think if they put themselves in the same predicament, and the fact that I have been at Liverpool for 12 years and that I would like to test myself in a foreign country, that's understandable."

If Sanchez doesn`t sign another contract at Arsenal I can see it going the same way.

After the window we have had both in and out im gobsmacked at the negativity of some.

Ridiculous.

I don't think it's to do with this transfer window but more exasperation that despite the last two summer transfer windows our squad still has glaring weaknesses and depth issues?

Show's how bad other transfer windows were along with squad management, i.e. keeping hold of ageing players.

I've always been surprised at how much City want him.

He might get a ton of goals but isn't someone that immediately fits into free flowing football.

Will he still be a target come the summer given the Messi situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.