all i wanted was a burger

Re: all i wanted was a bloody burger

The 12th Man said:
I work in the catering too and had my first day on Friday. It all went fine on Friday but yesterday I had to put up with grief from people complaining about prices, which really isn't my fault. Then there's people who start changing their mind on stuff after you've keyed it in so you have to cancel the whole order and type in what they really want. Then they get annoyed that you're asking what it is they actually want and start complaining that you're taking ages, I wouldn't be taking so long if they hadn't changed their order and I had to redo it all.

The thing about the burger meal is there's three different buttons, one for a burger meal and one for a just a burger/cheese burger and another for a chicken burger, some people don't realise the burger meal is the burger and chips. They come up and ask for a burger and chips and I say that's the burger meal then they say they don't want a drink and I have to explain it's only a burger and chips in the meal. So some people probably order it thinking it includes a drink which I have to explain that it doesn't. What was probably wrong was the guy didn't know if there were still burgers in the kiosk, the chefs obviously stop making food towards the end of the match as there'd be loads of unneccessary waste at the end.

We also get all the grief if something goes wrong in the making of the food, despite us just being the ones that sell it, some guy got a bit angry with me last night about his food even though I'm not the chef, I'm just the one who sold the food. Someone asked me for onions and I had to ask the chef who was busy doing something for someone else and when I got back with the onions the guy had a go at me for taking a few minutes.

We also have to do a lot of work before the fans get into the stadium and after they've left but some people just think we turn up, sell food and as soon as the shutters are down we're gone, which is not the case at all.

If a customer asks you for a burger and chips, why do you point out that it is a burger meal? Are you looking for an argument?

The 12th Man said:
I work in the catering too and had my first day on Friday. It all went fine on Friday but yesterday I had to put up with grief from people complaining about prices, which really isn't my fault. Then there's people who start changing their mind on stuff after you've keyed it in so you have to cancel the whole order and type in what they really want. Then they get annoyed that you're asking what it is they actually want and start complaining that you're taking ages, I wouldn't be taking so long if they hadn't changed their order and I had to redo it all.

The thing about the burger meal is there's three different buttons, one for a burger meal and one for a just a burger/cheese burger and another for a chicken burger, some people don't realise the burger meal is the burger and chips. They come up and ask for a burger and chips and I say that's the burger meal then they say they don't want a drink and I have to explain it's only a burger and chips in the meal. So some people probably order it thinking it includes a drink which I have to explain that it doesn't. What was probably wrong was the guy didn't know if there were still burgers in the kiosk, the chefs obviously stop making food towards the end of the match as there'd be loads of unneccessary waste at the end.

We also get all the grief if something goes wrong in the making of the food, despite us just being the ones that sell it, some guy got a bit angry with me last night about his food even though I'm not the chef, I'm just the one who sold the food. Someone asked me for onions and I had to ask the chef who was busy doing something for someone else and when I got back with the onions the guy had a go at me for taking a few minutes.

We also have to do a lot of work before the fans get into the stadium and after they've left but some people just think we turn up, sell food and as soon as the shutters are down we're gone, which is not the case at all.

Good post mate and as said previously i'm sure there are a lot of guys like yourself who do a good job. i'm not having a pop at you and fair play to you for coming on and defending yourself. was just really frustrated last night as thats the impression i was left with from the guys that could not serve me what was a simple basic request.

Bloody burger?? ..........ahh! black puddin' in a bun.. ecky thump.

The 12th Man said:

Thing is mate, unfortunately, and I dont say this not appreciating the work you do, catering and 'front of house staff' roles are going to at times lend themselves to customer criticism, whether it be someone having a pop at prices, or dissatisfaction with service. It shouldn't be abusive and people should respect that people like you are just trying to earn a few quid, but that industry is an industry which will always have its staff treated like shit, especially at football grounds. I think people have a fair point about the lack of English spoken and understood. As hard as you work, people work just as hard throughout the week, and go to the football as a choice of passion/hobby at the weekend, thus to be served by people who cant understand the same language at times, is quite insulting and out of order.

Perhaps the club should consider getting the staff in earlier, i.e. a few weeks and not one week before the new season, or a friendly game, at least that way, training on all sorts of issues which are likely to arise can be given, rather than basic training of how to retrieve and sell a hot dog etc. Its a shit situation, and all of this moaning does no good, and the club dont give a toss either way. About you as staff, or about us as potential customers. We are all part of the same team. Shafted by the powers above.

nhsuperstar said:
The 12th Man said:

Good post mate and as said previously i'm sure there are a lot of guys like yourself who do a good job. i'm not having a pop at you and fair play to you for coming on and defending yourself. was just really frustrated last night as thats the impression i was left with from the guys that could not serve me what was a simple basic request.

Yes, you say it was a "simple basic request" but you've still not told us whether you wanted the burger or the burger meal FFS...

http://www.confused.com/

Thanks Joey said:
The 12th Man said:

If a customer asks you for a burger and chips, why do you point out that it is a burger meal? Are you looking for an argument?

Not really I just have to make sure they definetly want it and don't change their mind. Last night someone asked me for a hotdog and chips and I didn't point out it was a meal and keyed it in as the hotdog meal then he decided he didn't want the chips just as I had pressed the button and I had to cancel and do it again. When it's a big order and people do that it doesn't really help. Say someone ordered a hotdog, burger and four chips and I keyed it in as a hotdog meal, burger meal and two chips then they didn't want the hotdog, I'd have to redo the order, so I usually make sure they are definate with the order now especially with meals.

BTH said:
nhsuperstar said:

Yes, you say it was a "simple basic request" but you've still not told us whether you wanted the burger or the burger meal FFS...

Are you the guy from the catering stand? if you are its too late now mate. We went to KFC on the way home

;)

nhsuperstar said:
BTH said:

Are you the guy from the catering stand? if you are its too late now mate. We went to KFC on the way home

;)

Do I sound like guy from the catering stand?

Seeing as you either can't remember or can't be bothered telling us what you actually ordered at the ground, at least tell us what you got from KFC... Fillet Burger or Box Meal???

BTH said:
nhsuperstar said:

;)

Do I sound like guy from the catering stand?

Seeing as you either can't remember or can't be bothered telling us what you actually ordered at the ground, at least tell us what you got from KFC... Fillet Burger or Box Meal???

LOL

2 zinger tower meals with drinks for less than the 12 quid i was going to spend.
Alls well that ends well eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.