all i wanted was a burger

Would it not be possible to replace the food outlets with mini mcdonalds/burger kings/kfc?

Yesterday I bought 2 pints, a bottle of coke and a hot dog all at different times from 4 different members of staff. Managed to do this fine with no errors from the staff, and 1 of them even smiled when they served me Seemed to be better than last year, although the smaller attendence will have contributed significantly to this.

was sent email from CITY....Valencia Match Survey...wanted to know was I happy with my match experience? told them about beer prices and £3.90 a pint, not to mention £4.00 for a hotdog that barks.....I dont care about wifi and all that crap...total load of bollox the questions IMO!

Reasonable price for the beer, food and parking....simples!

the food and the drink on the concourse area is a rip off think ill just buy from elswhere

Re- the comments asking people to stop moaning about the prices/service.

Somebody above said it's only the ticket price that matters, as you don't HAVE to buy anything else.
Well i've news for you pal...
If we all avoid being ripped off for poor quality food/service. Drink elsewhere before the game and take in your own food/drinks.
Park elsewhere to avoid paying another £10 at the place you just bought a ticket to attend.
Then what do you think will happen to the all important ticket price?

Matches are a user experience event.
IE it's not just the game, it's the atmosphere from start to finish.
For some, having a pint and a chat at half time is an essential part of that.
City could charge £10 a pint and some will pay it.
The sensible people wouldn't though, and that's where resentment kicks in.
People start to feel exploited, and this has a knock on effect.
Shirt sales die, as does programme sales.

Man u are already seeing season ticket/shirt sales decline/slow.
Why?, the Glaziers have managed to change the user experience there because of too much money grabbing at every level.
They are still successful in football terms(at the moment ;) ), but that isn't guaranteeing loyalty.
The sad/amazing bit is their prices are actually lower than ours! So god help us soon.

I have a new model for City to increase revenue...

£2.50 a pint

£3 meal deal Pie/chips Burger/chips etc
£1.50 chips gravy/curry etc

Free Parking

Couldn't happen?

Well i for one wouldn't bother going to a pub beforehand.
I would head straight for the stadium and have a good time there.
This would make for a much better community atmosphere, and since i was there earlier, encourage me to have a look around the shops.
City get my beer money and a much better chance of a shirt sale while i'm happier.

Bring my own food? why bother when the food in the stadium is so cheap.
Why bother preparing food when hot food at good prices is available.
Again City now get my money instead of ASDA.

I'm not sure how much parking spaces are available at the gas works but lets say 4000 so that's £40,000 (at £10) a home match. Less than a million a year either way.
Hardly enough to pay Robinho's wage for 3 months.
So sell Him and let us park!

Whatever happens, i always spend more money when i feel i'm getting value and being well looked after.
If not, i vote with my feet...

I think beer and food prices may put people off going to the match all together.

Just like I refuse to go Paris any more since it went up to about £5 a pint lower quartile price 6 years ago. I'd rather be tight than stupid.

Re: all i wanted was a bloody burger

lazerblue said:
bluwes said:
This isn't true is it ? Go on you know it isn't. Over a 100 posts and you haven't be spotted
if u think that aint true try askin for a lager top in the south stand youve got no chance

Lager top??? Bloody southern shandy drinker..

fulabeer said:
Re- the comments asking people to stop moaning about the prices/service.

Somebody above said it's only the ticket price that matters, as you don't HAVE to buy anything else.
Well i've news for you pal...
If we all avoid being ripped off for poor quality food/service. Drink elsewhere before the game and take in your own food/drinks.
Park elsewhere to avoid paying another £10 at the place you just bought a ticket to attend.
Then what do you think will happen to the all important ticket price?

Matches are a user experience event.
IE it's not just the game, it's the atmosphere from start to finish.
For some, having a pint and a chat at half time is an essential part of that.
City could charge £10 a pint and some will pay it.
The sensible people wouldn't though, and that's where resentment kicks in.
People start to feel exploited, and this has a knock on effect.
Shirt sales die, as does programme sales.

Man u are already seeing season ticket/shirt sales decline/slow.
Why?, the Glaziers have managed to change the user experience there because of too much money grabbing at every level.
They are still successful in football terms(at the moment ;) ), but that isn't guaranteeing loyalty.
The sad/amazing bit is their prices are actually lower than ours! So god help us soon.

I have a new model for City to increase revenue...

£2.50 a pint

£3 meal deal Pie/chips Burger/chips etc
£1.50 chips gravy/curry etc

Free Parking

Couldn't happen?

Well i for one wouldn't bother going to a pub beforehand.
I would head straight for the stadium and have a good time there.
This would make for a much better community atmosphere, and since i was there earlier, encourage me to have a look around the shops.
City get my beer money and a much better chance of a shirt sale while i'm happier.

Bring my own food? why bother when the food in the stadium is so cheap.
Why bother preparing food when hot food at good prices is available.
Again City now get my money instead of ASDA.

I'm not sure how much parking spaces are available at the gas works but lets say 4000 so that's £40,000 (at £10) a home match. Less than a million a year either way.
Hardly enough to pay Robinho's wage for 3 months.
So sell Him and let us park!

Whatever happens, i always spend more money when i feel i'm getting value and being well looked after.
If not, i vote with my feet...

Whilst i posted my original post in frustration at terrible customer service, not necessarily prices i must say that there has been some very interesting points made around prices and a perception of being ripped off. Purely from a business perspective i totally agree with everything you say. good post Fulabeer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.