all i wanted was a burger

The best solution to this is to contract out the stalls to franchises. If in every part of the ground there was a KFC, McDonalds, Costa, Subway, Harry Ramsdens etc they could bring in staff from their own mainstream restaurants who already have the relavent training and customer service skills. A chain like Wetherspoons could run the bars and do the same thing. Any food that wasn't sold than then be taken back to the mainstream outlets for resale instead of being binned which probably happens now as they won't keep until the next event. This is one of the reasons prices are so expensive. A thirty minute rush before the game and a fifteen minute rush at half time is barely enough to make a profit when you have staff to pay for three hours work or more.

And how many staff would travel in for three hours minimum wage pay? If franchises used their own staff they could roster them in and save costs in doing so.

colin bell stand 329
2 bottles before kick off & 1 at half time
we got charged 3 different prices depending on who was serving.....?????

no draught available

Why not just have a machine that dispenses pints. That way you dont need staff at all..... maybe just someone to check that your 18 before you put your cash in the machine.

armadillo495 said:
Why not just have a machine that dispenses pints. That way you dont need staff at all..... maybe just someone to check that your 18 before you put your cash in the machine.

Yeah! then the machines break and all hell breaks out cos nobody can get a drink.

Re: all i wanted was a bloody burger

JuniorBlue said:
What a fool that original post is. I'll keep it swear word clean for any children reading. But basically i work for them, i was on hot-dogs near 132 and they've literally had their first experience of working there for catering today. If they didn't get your order right, take it back. It'll get sorted eventually. First matchday experience working for many including myself today, give us a break pal.

Its not that hard though to get an order right is it?

Bottle of coke and a burger. Wheres the hard part?

I also used to work at the ground on the bars. It must be the easiest job I've ever had.

Also alot of the staff that work there are through different agencies that's why there's problems all the time on the bars as alot of the people never seem to work on the same place.

I was in the 3rd tier for the Valencia game they had no draught beer, waiting for new pumps to be installed, got 2 bottles of Fosters £ 3.50 a bottle, robbing
bastards thats why i dont drink in the ground !

FEEDHIMGARY said:
i sit in the commonwealh suite.. which isnt corporate... we just have a private bar type thing pre-match...i sit there as the seats are on the half way line.

anyways, we used to get a free pie at half time but that has now finished.

at the valencia game i took my girlfriend (the only way i was allowed to go - as i dont advocate taking your missus to footy!!) and she had a cheese and potato pie.... for £7.50!! i kid you not! i then bought her a bottle of water and they charged me £3.90.

...quite sure these are both almost a 100% increase in price.

bloody hell, I thought £3.90 a pint bad enough...but no free pie! FFS CITY sort it out or your support will dwindle to a few ferking veggie lentil munching teetotalers! Losing all hope :(

Dear fans,

As CEO of Manchester City I regularly check this forum to gauge the opinion of the fans and, where possible, intervene to ensure Manchester City provides an excellent matchday service for you, the fans.

It bothers me to read of the upset our recent price increases have caused you and I feel you are deserving of an explanation and, essentially, a negotiation.

Sheikh Mansour insisted that this year our manager, Roberto Mancini, would be given an open chequebook to sign whichever players he felt would make our squad capable of challenging for major honours this season, whatever the price. He did, however, state that as a minor compensation to his personal outlay he would request price increases on all food and drink and, to a lesser extent, matchday tickets.

As a contributor to the planning and implementation of the price changes I can honestly say that neither me, nor any of the other team members, thought a price change of this scale would cause such uproar amongst our supporters; the best in the land.

I feel personally responsible for assuming that you, the fans, would recognise the need for small increases in price and therefore have set into motion a strategy that will see the prices return to that of last season, as agreed with Sheikh Mansour.

After long negotiations with europe's top clubs, we have agreed preliminary outgoing transfer agreements for Carlos Tevez, David Silva, Emmanuel Adebayor, Yaya Toure, Joleon Lescott, Yaya Toure and have agreed with Lazio to take Javier Garrido back in exchange for Aleksandr Kolarov. We also have preliminary contracts on the table to bring Jihai Sun, Joey Barton, Claudio Reyna, Trevor Sinclair and Emile Mpenza back to the club.

The Sheikh has reluctantly agreed to sign off on these transfers so that your matchday beverages and tickets can return to that of last season and, if you should wish, further transfers of this nature can be negotiated to ensure your food and drink are the cheapest in the league, ney the world.

I hope this effort is appreciated and you can continue to enjoy coming to watch Manchester City and eating/drinking with a smile on your face.

Yours sincerely,

Garry Cook.

Garry.Cook said:
Dear fans,

As CEO of Manchester City I regularly check this forum to gauge the opinion of the fans and, where possible, intervene to ensure Manchester City provides an excellent matchday service for you, the fans.

It bothers me to read of the upset our recent price increases have caused you and I feel you are deserving of an explanation and, essentially, a negotiation.

Sheikh Mansour insisted that this year our manager, Roberto Mancini, would be given an open chequebook to sign whichever players he felt would make our squad capable of challenging for major honours this season, whatever the price. He did, however, state that as a minor compensation to his personal outlay he would request price increases on all food and drink and, to a lesser extent, matchday tickets.

As a contributor to the planning and implementation of the price changes I can honestly say that neither me, nor any of the other team members, thought a price change of this scale would cause such uproar amongst our supporters; the best in the land.

I feel personally responsible for assuming that you, the fans, would recognise the need for small increases in price and therefore have set into motion a strategy that will see the prices return to that of last season, as agreed with Sheikh Mansour.

After long negotiations with europe's top clubs, we have agreed preliminary outgoing transfer agreements for Carlos Tevez, David Silva, Emmanuel Adebayor, Yaya Toure, Joleon Lescott, Yaya Toure and have agreed with Lazio to take Javier Garrido back in exchange for Aleksandr Kolarov. We also have preliminary contracts on the table to bring Jihai Sun, Joey Barton, Claudio Reyna, Trevor Sinclair and Emile Mpenza back to the club.

The Sheikh has reluctantly agreed to sign off on these transfers so that your matchday beverages and tickets can return to that of last season and, if you should wish, further transfers of this nature can be negotiated to ensure your food and drink are the cheapest in the league, ney the world.

I hope this effort is appreciated and you can continue to enjoy coming to watch Manchester City and eating/drinking with a smile on your face.

Yours sincerely,

Garry Cook.
well said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.