All Star Premier League Game

You missed out the part about it being a monumentally shit idea though.
I think the press have gone overboard with this as usual it was a throwaway comment. I wouldn't want it for all the reasons already posted but also because in order to make it all star it would fall on the usual teams I don't mean that to sound disrespectful to other teams but its predictable. If anything did come of this I would be more interested in seeing something where every northern team was represented with a limit of say 2 players and every player has to play reducing the playing time for the players. As I said though I wouldn't want it andimpt I don't think there's a cat in hells chance of it happening.

Boehly thought $200 million was impressive to earn from one game. Compared to PL transfer money it's peanuts. But it isn't peanuts if it went straight to grassroots football. So why not have another preseason Charity Shield betwen the League runners-up and the losing FA Cup finalists 《adjusted if duplication occurs as it is now) and all money to grassroots? I'll bet you could fill a 60000 stadium with that.

Of course, you are right. North Vs South is a monumentally stupid idea and one that shouldn't even have been discussed. Finding ways to finance the rest of the pyramid though, is a real concern, so if that was his point, and an additional game of some importance and relevance is part of a solution, then fair play. But for the love of God, understand what you are talking about, and why North Vs South is nonsense, before opening your mouth.
Look at how the Communitiy Shield is viewed on here.
Look at how International breaks are viewed on here.
Look at how franchising has alienated county cricket fans.

Americanisation of sports makes them worse, in my opinion.

Look at how the Communitiy Shield is viewed on here.
Look at how International breaks are viewed on here.
Look at how franchising has alienated county cricket fans.

Americanisation of sports makes them worse, in my opinion.

Not sure how things are viewed on here is a good indicator of a good or bad idea, tbh. :)

But yes, the principles of American sport don't apply themselves well to, what we understand to be, British or European sports, or "global" sports for that matter. Something the ECJ will be addressing next year I imagine.

as long as there’s the PL and lower leagues for the season football can do whatever it wants in between that , I switch off after the seasons over and spend more time with the family etc

Oh goody another game to run footballers into the ground!

No surprise this idea comes from an American owner!

Seems the media a blind to the threat of American football owners to our game!
As an American, I am shitting all over this stupid idea. All star games are pointless, nobody tries or cares. Just a waste of time.

Boehly thought $200 million was impressive to earn from one game. Compared to PL transfer money it's peanuts. But it isn't peanuts if it went straight to grassroots football. So why not have another preseason Charity Shield betwen the League runners-up and the losing FA Cup finalists 《adjusted if duplication occurs as it is now) and all money to grassroots? I'll bet you could fill a 60000 stadium with that.
I watch NBA and I feel that the all star weekend works because its the only different event during their season in football we have two cups, internationals plus CL and EL for some teams. The teams in Europe would probably be the same teams whose players would be wanted for an all star game. I think the community shield works because a lot of people see it as the season starting again I'm not sure if fans outside the London clubs would travel for a runners up cup due to expense. When the players are already playing a ridiculous amount of football and they themselves are starting to make it known they are not happy about it to add something else seems like a bad idea. I'm not mocking Boehly for the idea I just don't think it travels well from one country to the other.

Sorry for the rambling I've been awake all night and i'm exhausted lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.