All Star Premier League Game

True from that perspective… but sure 1 extra game instead of playing a friendly for their club won’t matter to much

Not fussed at all, just be awesome to see the PL best Salah,Alvarz, Haaland and Antonio Foden up front in action
Ha Ha you wish
FTFY :-)

Why don't we have say all the best English players in one team, all the best Spanish players in another team, all the best Portuguese players in another team, and so on.

Maybe make it more of a tournament type thing, that might catch on.

It sounded more like a throwaway idea than anything serious. No idea why English media have picked it up and focused on it the way they have. He was just spitballing nonsense ideas at business event.

It sounded more like a throwaway idea than anything serious. No idea why English media have picked it up and focused on it the way they have. He was just spitballing nonsense ideas at business event.

There is nothing football media and fans in this country love more than putting down a foreigner with ideas.

You would think Manchester City fans of all fanbases would see through it, but the criticisms of Boehly are borrowed literally word for word from the criticisms we heard about clueless, out of touch Arabs from Abu Dhabi who didn't know how the game was run in this country.

There is nothing football media and fans in this country love more than putting down a foreigner with ideas.

You would think Manchester City fans of all fanbases would see through it, but the criticisms of Boehly are borrowed literally word for word from the criticisms we heard about clueless, out of touch Arabs from Abu Dhabi who didn't know how the game was run in this country.

Yeah I mean I don't personally love the idea of a PL all star game but they are just ideas. He also talked about how he likes the Red Bull and CFG system of multi club ownership, which I also don't love.

It was an American business event and he was asked kind of direct questions about the differences between English football and American sports and what each side can learn from each other. That's the context the all star game thing was brought up. He also said he likes the promotion/relegation system and it would prevent tanking in American sports, for example so it went both ways.

Thinking it over a bit more, and getting into the likely commercial mechanics of the idea - in my view it’s even more of a nonsense than it might first have appeared.

I’d say it’s fair to assume the best teams’ players will pack out these North and South teams. This means it’s the best teams that will therefore need to be paid the greatest amount to accept the risk of releasing their players to play in one off games outside of their Club responsibilities.

This would result in the most successful teams being further financially rewarded for holding the best players, and the rest of the league being paid less for having fewer if any players involved.

This is the kind of thinking that generally struggles to get any support over here, as it would be viewed as further exacerbating the widening chasm between the clubs already at the top, and those at the bottom.

In this context, I’d imagine this would hit a similar level of resistance as the super league.

Further supporting the idea that there would be a far more limited market than Boehly anticipates for any competition based on these arbitrary North/South teams.

He assumes the PL is the brand like the MLS is in the US, whereas in English football (as in all European football) the key brands are the teams.

Remove them, and you remove a lot of the appeal - and therefore a significant chunk of the potential market.

You missed out the part about it being a monumentally shit idea though.

I wish these thick gobshite American owners would fuck off.

What is their problem? Leave the English game alone.

Apparently this nobhead wants relegation play offs too. I mean WTF?

We got the owners at the red mardarses trying to start up the super league and now this?

Clueless, absolutely Clueless, looks like the fit and proper test worked on this clown.
We know why they want relegation play offs.

To fix keeping the rags up.

The solution is simple. Let all the American owned sides participate and offer up their exhausted players, the rest can rest and watch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.