ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

Re: All things Rooney! [Merged]

citygirl77 said:
Klinsman just said on SSN "it's Wooneys WC." I thought it was everybodies WC.

He means that this was the World Cup when Wayne Rooney would prove he's the best player in the world. Better than Messi. Better than Robinho. Better than Torres. At least that's what his friends in the rag obsessed media have been telling everyone.

Something is not right with R Wayne. Unfortunately he hasn't helped himself with his petulant outburst about the fans but I do think he will come good against Slovenia. He has shown for 'them' that he can be a world beater. Now is the time to show it. Change the formation Fabio!

SWP's back said:
Mastes1 said:
I guess you don't watch much of Man Utd?, Rooneys stats from last season, you will see he scored against nearly all the 'big' sides including 4 against Milan.
He was the highest scorer in the Woeld Cup qualifying and check the stats at the end of the season, he didn't score for Man Utd after his injury and he is still getting over it imo.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=30921" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.soccerbase.com/players_detai ... erid=30921</a>

I guess you do.

ANd you wonder why people call you a rag.
Hey SWP, i have already said i quite like them like i do City and Arsenal, Newcastle and many others, I watch shit loads of games on my computer as i love the game and i love a lot of players like Rooney and Tevez and i will always admit this but sticking up for a player i like doesn't make me a Rag just because he is. I mean seriously just look at what you and others are saying, anyone who says anything positive about Rooney means you're a 'rag', i would admit it if i was bud.

Mastes1 said:
SWP's back said:
Do you watch him every other week?

If he is injured he shouldn't play.

People are judging him on these two games are they are fairly fucking important.

No good playing awful in the 3 group games and going out but pointing back to a great CC final against Villa. It won't help England much will it.

What a silly post. Other players being crap around him does not mean he has to control the ball with all the skill of a dyslexic etymologist.
I love Rooney as a player has he has everything imo including passion which is something a lot of players don't have these days.
The point of my post was everyone saying things like "i always said he was crap", "worldclass my arse!", "see i told you he was crap", etc as if these 2 games are a prefect representation of how good he is as a player even though he is obviously still having problems with his injury (how many times have you seen Rooney not chase and fight for the ball?). I also hate how all the blame seems to be on Rooney even though 90% of the England players have been absolutely awful yet they all seem to be getting a 'free pass' so to speak.

-- Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:50 pm --

DenisLawBackHeel74 said:
Hes' one of them! quick get your pitch forks, lets burn him......
Ah i'm not though, i think Rooney is a fantastic player and its wrong to single him out when nearly everyone else has also been crap.

Rooney is singled out as we have spent all season long being forced fed the bollocks that is "Rooney is one of the best players on the planet". He is a good player but he is not world class, the world cup is showing that.

The guy gets paid a fortune more than other pro's through his contract and sponsorship as he is meant to be world class/the nations great white hope etc etc. As such, he should be judged against that. He is being and he is coming up short by a considerable distance.

No one is slating Lennon to the same extent (though he is still getting some stick) and we haven't spent the last 6 years being told that Lennon is the white Pele. We are not forced to watch advert after advert with Lennon's face on the screen or his hideously sweaty hairy, as he plays with himself (or against).

Ronney is happy to receive the plaudits (as are his followers such as you), but you have to learn to sit back and take the shite when he plays like Carlton Palmers retarded cousin.

FFS - Even Lineker (a Rooney bum boy) has just spent 10 mins taking his performances apart.

Mastes1 said:
SWP's back said:
I guess you do.

Hey SWP, i have already said i quite like them like i do City and Arsenal, Newcastle and many others, I watch shit loads of games on my computer as i love the game and i love a lot of players like Rooney and Tevez and i will always admit this but sticking up for a player i like doesn't make me a Rag just because he is. I mean seriously just look at what you and others are saying, anyone who says anything positive about Rooney means you're a 'rag', i would admit it if i was bud.

Oh the irony...Lol

hgblue said:
citygirl77 said:
Klinsman just said on SSN "it's Wooneys WC." I thought it was everybodies WC.

He means that this was the World Cup when Wayne Rooney would prove he's the best player in the world. Better than Messi. Better than Robinho. Better than Torres. At least that's what his friends in the rag obsessed media have been telling everyone.

When W Wooney WOULD prove he's best player, wouldn't his rag friends already know this, or believe this. I certainly don't and I don't think the rest of the world do.

Rooney played his arse off for Manure, now he's burnt out.....should've took it easy like Robinho/Elano etc.

Mastes1 said:
SWP's back said:
I guess you do.

I didn't call you a rag. I said you wonder why some people call you that.

Look, I am a City fan but when a player puts on an England top, I look past team loyalties for the duration of the game. I do not cut off my nose to spite my face. Rooney is not up to it so far though. Surely even you can see that. He should not start if Capello feels for one second that he may produce another performance like that of last night.

As for the display of petulance after the game.... well you can see purple nose has tutored him well.

Mastes1 said:
SWP's back said:
I guess you do.

image.jpg

It's not just Rooney, it's the whole sport of football in general!

Every fucker is overrated in footy; Rooney, Lampard, Ibrahimovic, we all saw Robinho is, and even Messi is (he is the best player in the world, but not by so much of a margin as so many say, and he's not as good as the real Ronaldo, Zidane or Maradona yet!) and nobody can tell me any different in my view that Mourinho is an overrated coach (Inter were fuckin awful to watch, they very nearly didn't win the league as a very average AS Roma nearly won it, and Barca were miles better than Inter in the CL - without the Barca fans favourite player, Iniesta, playing in either leg!- and actually won but were robbed by a fake handball given against Yaya!)........ and all this is due to over hype by the media and football fans.

We've done it at City. Stephen Ireland played 15 good games in one season and there were posts on here saying "Ireland is the best midfielder in the Prem" "Ireland is world class" "Ireland is one of the best midfielders in Europe"! We did it with Richards; Onuoha has 5 good games 3 years ago and we hold opinions that he's the best defender at the club; and we're doing it with Given now! and fans of footy everywhere do it!

Over the last 5-8 years all the old so-called "lesser nations" have improved a lot and caught up to the worlds average. Also in the same time scale all the so called "top nations" (Brazil, Germany, France etc, everyone!) have significatly decreased in quality (this current Brazil team is the worst I've ever seen and they may go and win the world cup!) - thus making the whole world of football a much more level playing field and without the real real top quality shining through the averageness of this sport!

And it's been clear to see in this world cup; a lot of samey, level, equally average players and teams with very few examples of greatness, if any!

Rooney, England, many others are all just part of this overhype!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.