ALL things Rooney PLEASE! [Merged]

Re: All things Rooney! [Merged]

Mastes1 said:
SWP's back said:
I have not read the match thread so I apologise if you slated him there.

As I say, if it is an injury then he and the coach have to be grown up enough to rest him (ffs they earn over £10Million per year between them, surely they are wise enough to make this decision). It is not rocket science.

As for the press, bunch of ***** the lots of them.
Yeah i asked in one of the other threads if people thought Rooney should be dropped as it might 're-ignite' him so to speak although thats doubtful if he realy isn't fit but you never know. I think Crouch should be given a proper chance, he's not my favorite player and he doesn't offer too much in terms of build up play but you just can't argue with his England record which is awesome.

I would drop him for ONE game and play Defoe with Crouch.

Crouch was amazing when City played Spurs at the end of the season, just about unplayable and kept our centre halfs busy all night. He allows for a plan b as we can still play to feet or get crosses in from the wings.

It is so simple sat here!!

SWP's back said:
Mastes1 said:
Yeah i asked in one of the other threads if people thought Rooney should be dropped as it might 're-ignite' him so to speak although thats doubtful if he realy isn't fit but you never know. I think Crouch should be given a proper chance, he's not my favorite player and he doesn't offer too much in terms of build up play but you just can't argue with his England record which is awesome.

Crouch was awful when City played Spurs at the end of the season, just about unplayable and kept our centre halfs busy all night. He allows for a plan b as we can still play to feet or get crosses in from the wings.

I think you might have got that wrong, somewhere as you go on to say!!!! and to think they picked him up for a lot less then we did RSC at the same time!

blueinsa said:
Mastes1 said:
I do go on there and have a look quite a lot but its just one of many teams forums i have in my favorites including Rawk and The Shed End even though i can't stand Liverpool and Chelsea. Keep having a go at me but i will still state my views whether people call me a rag or not.

No problem with other fans on here, even raggish ones like yourself but remember that this is a city forum and if your coming on here giving us shit about rag players, expect some short change in return. You can love big ears as much as you like but we dont and we couldnt give a fuck that you do, the fact you want to keep telling us suggests your nothing but a rag wum and if thats the case, you need to be banned and that will stop you giving us your opinion.
Or he's a player i realy like and i just feel its wrong to single him out when nearly all the England players have been terrible. Check my post history by all means and find me a single post that confirms i'ma 'rag'.

EDIT. Also how am i a wum?, i have not posted anything to try and wind up people on here, thats not fair mate.

Re: Wayne Rooney is a liability

gregglake said:
mcfcliam said:
Now he doesn't have it on a plate for him like he does at United, he's been shown up to be an over rated donkey.

You were right Lee, he is not world class and I now agree.

If you look at how he plays at United its totally different, its just ignorant to deny the fact he is world class. Something is seriously wrong in the England camp. But he proves week in week out he is world class.

Wayne Rooney excuses:
1. Burnt out.
2. Something wrong in the camp.
3. Too much pressure on him.
4. Wrong system.
5. Wrong partner.
6. Poor service.
7. Dodgy ball.
8. Carrying an injury.
9. Been told to 'calm it' following recent booking.
10. Missing his baby.
11. Allergic to Elephants.
Anymore?

DontLookBackInAnger said:
SWP's back said:

Crouch was awful when City played Spurs at the end of the season, just about unplayable and kept our centre halfs busy all night. He allows for a plan b as we can still play to feet or get crosses in from the wings.

I think you might have got that wrong, somewhere as you go on to say!!!! and to think they picked him up for a lot less then we did RSC at the same time!

Still pissed - meant to say amazing!!

So sorry!!

Re: Wayne Rooney is a liability

Ok well just put him on by himself then, just Rooney stick, you know if it goes any further to proving a point.

Word Class = Doing everything yourself.

Mastes1 said:
Check my post history by all means and find me a single post that confirms i'ma 'rag'.

EDIT. Also how am i a wum?, i have not posted anything to try and wind up people on here, thats not fair mate.

Time will tell wont it!?

Rooney's stats:

International Apps: 62 Goals: 25

Looks a good record, but who are they against?

4 v Croatia, 3 v Kazakhstan, 2 v Andorra, 2 v Belarus, 2 v Iceland, 2 v Slovakia, 2 v Switzerland, 1 v Russia, 1 v Estonia, 2 v Denmark, 1 v Holland, 1 v Argentina, 1 v Macedonia, 1 v Liechtenstein.

So I count 9 goals against teams England on paper should struggle to beat, the rest you'd expect to beat. Oh dear, so he doesn't score against many big teams, so what about his club record.

Everton Apps: 67 Goals: 15
MUFC Apps: 252 Goals: 131

So his goals record with United looks good, let's look at it in more detail.

Premier League: 189(91)
FA Cup: 18(11)
League Cup: 7(4)
Champions League: 50(21)
Others: 4(4)

In 2004/05:

PL: 24(11), FA: 6(3), LC: 1(0), CL: 6(3), Total: 37(17)

His Premier League Goals were against: 1 v Arsenal(H), 2 v Newcastle(A), 1 v Southampton(H), 1 v Liverpool(A), 1 v Birmingham(H), 1 v MCFC(A), 2 v Pompy(H), 1 v Newcastle(H), 1 v Charlton(A), so a good mix with some important goals, but only 11.

FA Cup goals: 1 v Exeter(A), 2 v Boro(H), nothing special.

In the Champions League: 3 v Fenerbahce(H), good hattrick, but only against a Turkish team in the Group stage. Would he improve the next year?

In 2005/06:

PL: 34(16), FA: 2(0), LC: 3(2), CL: 5(1), Total: 44(19), not great.

Goals in Prem: 1 v Everton(A), 1 v Newcastle(A), 1 v Fulham(A), 1 v Sunderland(A), 1 v West Ham(A), 1 v Portsmouth(H), 2 v Wigan(H), 1 v Villa(A), 1 v Birmingham(A), 2 v Newcastle(H), 1 v Birmingham(H), 1 v Arsenal(H), 2 v Spurs(A), so until the last 2 games no goals against big teams.

League Cup Goals: 2 v Wigan, wow...

Champions League: 1 v Debrecen, world class.

So he went backwards in 05/06, but could he step it up in the following season?

In 06/07:

PL: 33(14), FA: 5(5), LC: 1(0), CL: 12(4), Total: 51(23), hmmm.

In Prem: 2 v Fulham(H), 3 v Bolton(A), 2 v Sheff Utd(A), 1 v MCFC(H), 1 v Arsenal(A), 1 v Watford(H), 2 v Bolton(H), 1 v Sheff Utd(H), 1 v Everton(A), so apart from Arsenal away, not big team goals.

In FA: 2 v Pompy, 1 v Boro, 2 v Watford...yeah.

In CL: 1 v Roma(H), 1 v Roma(A), 2 v AC Milan(H), finally showing some quality in big games, but still a pretty average return for England's star. How about 07/08?

In 07/08:

PL: 25(12), FA: 3(2), LC: 0(0), CL: 10(4), Others: 1(0), Total: 39(18)...hmmm.

In PL: 1 v Wigan(H), 2 v Villa(A), 1 v Boro(H), 1 v Sunderland(A), 1 v Reading(A), 2 v Newcastle(A), 2 v Villa(H), 1 v Boro(A), 1 v Chelsea(A), so 1 goal v Chelsea the only big goal he scored that season in the league.

In FA: 1 v Villa(A), 1 v Arsenal(H), fine.

In CL: 1 v Roma(H), 1 v Dynamo Kyiv(H), 1 v Dynamo Kyiv(A), 1 v Roma(A), so pretty good, but against the same teams. How about 08/09?

In 08/09:

PL: 25(12), FA: 1(1), LC: 0(0), CL: 11(4), Others: 2(3), Total: 39(20) only slighly better than the previous year.

In PL: 1 v Bolton(H), 1 v Blackburn(A), 1 v WBA(H), 1 v MCFC(A), 1 v Chelsea(H), 1 v Wigan(H), 1 v Fulham(H), 1 v Blackburn(H), 1 v Newcastle(A), 1 v Pompy(H), 2 v Spurs(H), so 1 goal v Chelsea and a couple against Spurs, otherwise just bog standard.

In FA: 1 v Fulham(A), nothing special.

In CL: 1 v Aalborg(H), 1 v Celtic(H), 1 v Aalborg(A), 1 v Porto(H), not amazing considering who they faced in the later rounds.

Club World Cup: 2 v Gamba Osaka, 1 v LDU Quito, another average season, but in 09/10 he stepped up and scored goals, but who against?

In 09/10:

PL: 32(26), FA: 1(0), LC: 2(2), CL: 6(5), Others: 1(1), Total: 42(34), much higher.

Community Shield: 1 v Chelsea.

In PL: 1 v Birmingham(H), 2 v Wigan(A), 1 v Arsenal(H, Penalty), 1 v Spurs(A, 3rd in a 3-1 win), 1 v MCFC(H), 1 v Blackburn(H), 3 v Pompy(A, 2 penalties), 1 v West Ham(A, 4th goal in a 4-0 win), 1 v Wolves(H, Penalty), 1 v Hull(A), 1 v Wigan(H), 4 v Hull(H), 1 v Arsenal(A, 2nd in a 3-1 win), 1 v Pompy(H), 2 v West Ham(H), 2 v Fulham(H), 1 v Liverpool(H), so a couple of big goals against Liverpool and Arsenal, but only 4 of the 26 were against top 6 teams, and 1 of those was a penalty.

In LC: 1 v MCFC(H), 1 Villa(Final), fair to say he won them the League Cup, first big thing he's done.

In CL: Didn't score in the group stages, 2 v AC Milan(A), 2 v AC Milan(H), 1 v FC Bayern(A), a touch harsh to say he didn't do well, but AC were shit and Bayern were an average team relying on Arjen Robben and Ivica Olic for anything.

So overall, 11 of his 23 CL goals were against big teams and 8 of his 91 PL goals were against the other big 4, so yeah, make of it what you will. For me it just tells me he's a half-decent striker who had 1 great season against average teams and a good run in the CL, so yeah, not world class for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.