All things Stevie Ireland [Merged]

Re: Ireland On HisWay

Owain said:
Seconded, OP. From a playing staff point of view, we don't really have another player in the squad like him - he's a real metronome, controlling the play and picking the passes. Barry can't do it, neither can Toure, De Jong is a woefully limited footballer. Quite frankly, I don't see the point of Milner.

Watching City in the second half of last season and in pre-season was a massive chore. Dour, joyless football that's made me very disillusioned, whilst giving no assurances that it'll get any better.

Ireland injects intelligence into our play - other than perhaps Michael Johnson, there's no-one in the squad with a comparable football brain. Worrying.

Clarkie bait?<br /><br />-- Sat Aug 07, 2010 11:44 am --<br /><br />
baylorblue said:
I've been saying for a while and gregblag said it too, I think Boyata could be our Mr. City.

I agree.

Ireland will do really well at Villa im sure but its gone stale at City and weve a fantastic versatile player coming the other way.

Good luck Stevie and welcome Mr Milner

p.s Now your on a few bob could you please get a decent haircut Mr Milner as it looks like your ma's done it with her clippers

You guys are doing exactly what you did last season selling a good player (Dunne) and replacing him with an inferior one (Toure/Lescott) - you're even giving Villa money this time as well.

Hang on so we now blame Marwood for the signings that has been made. Or for the players that will be moved on its all Marwoods fault nobody elses. Put it this way IF Mancini is in control of the playing staff then that means to me that Mancini has the final say on who we sign and who we keep and who we sell nobody elses just Mancinis.
If he is not fully in control then I would fear for his job at the club. Look at the top managers in the game the Wengers , Fergie and Jose do you think they would let someone like Marwood be involved in any of the deals I think not. So if it all goes tits up who do you blame Marwood or Mancini at the end of the day Mancini will be the one getting the boot before Marwood. So IF I was Mancini I wouldnt want Marwood involved in any of the deals to bring the players to the club. Mancini has shown with Vieria that he will be his own man by keeping him on at the club so whats stopping him from telling Marwood to fuck off. I would garantee IF Jose would of signed Marwood would be out the door asap.

I'll give you my genuine views as a Villa fan.

Will I be happy to see James Milner leave? No. Will I be happy to see Stephen Ireland arrive? Yes.

I think they are two slightly different players and, obviously, very different personalities. I'm very sure O'Neill will get the best out of Ireland - as he did with Barry and Milner - and believe he might even be able to get Ireland playing international football again as well.

Should this tranfer go through it will be very, very interesting. I believe many Villa fans actually want the deal to go through and see it is as a fantastic piece of business for the club. We'll have to wait and see about that. Should you guys get Milner you'll be getting a very bright and ambitious player, that's for sure. He's still young and not quite the finished product yet. Having Platt around on your coaching staff - dare I say it - just could help in moulding the lad into a genuine box to box star.

As I say, it's a very interesting transfer. The motivations of both players and the quality of the coaching they each receive at their new clubs will have a huge impact on the relative successes of their moves.

Necessary, though still heartbreaking none the less. THE kid we had such high hopes for, for one reason or another, fell short. Good Luck Superman, I hope O'neil is the guy to remove the Kryptonite.

Gooner said:
You guys are doing exactly what you did last season selling a good player (Dunne) and replacing him with an inferior one (Toure/Lescott) - you're even giving Villa money this time as well.

what we are doing is replacing a player who does,nt look intrested with a player who is hungry for success and international honours ireland is one hell of a mixed up man and maybe a move is the best option for both parties. I don't feel milner is inferier to ireland he's a better all round player and alot more versiltile though we are paying over the odds. anyway gooner i agree with the dunne coment though any chance you fancy taking ade and kolo back you proper bent us over and greased us up with them deals

leighton said:
Hang on so we now blame Marwood for the signings that has been made. Or for the players that will be moved on its all Marwoods fault nobody elses. Put it this way IF Mancini is in control of the playing staff then that means to me that Mancini has the final say on who we sign and who we keep and who we sell nobody elses just Mancinis.
If he is not fully in control then I would fear for his job at the club. Look at the top managers in the game the Wengers , Fergie and Jose do you think they would let someone like Marwood be involved in any of the deals I think not. So if it all goes tits up who do you blame Marwood or Mancini at the end of the day Mancini will be the one getting the boot before Marwood. So IF I was Mancini I wouldnt want Marwood involved in any of the deals to bring the players to the club. Mancini has shown with Vieria that he will be his own man by keeping him on at the club so whats stopping him from telling Marwood to fuck off. I would garantee IF Jose would of signed Marwood would be out the door asap.
Think we do have to question Marwood, he was responsible for the Dunne deal and the same here for Ireland.
Mancini is more of a coach.

Its obvious we want to progress, improve and win things, but we still want to keep the players who have held us back for all these years, out of sentiment really, which is wrong, if we are to be the world beaters that we want to be, then we must get rid of the ones that are not improving us, as we move forward, so if that means ireland, then so be it.

foreverbluemcfc said:
Its obvious we want to progress, improve and win things, but we still want to keep the players who have held us back for all these years, out of sentiment really, which is wrong, if we are to be the world beaters that we want to be, then we must get rid of the ones that are not improving us, as we move forward, so if that means ireland, then so be it.

This.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.