Alphonso Davies

Pep would adore Davies. A natural LW growing up/in the MLS that adapted to LB at Bayern instantly. Has played all 3 forward positions for Canada, along with LWB. I think he could slide into midfield in no time too if necessary. Could play many roles at City and still so much room to grow. He creates chaos. A good likeable lad too. Unlike a certain LB we employed earlier this season.

F** the Bundesliga we'll take all your talent.

Now we’re talking.

Imagine this kid overlapping Jack for the pull back.

The threat of him overlapping would also allow Jack to cut inside more as RBs would be shitting themselves.

Those two would absolutely terrorise every ****.

Delicious.

Bernardo's one of the very best players on the planet and tears pretty much anyone apart whenever he plays.

If that's the yardstick then we wouldn't sign anyone.
But if he (Davies) is as good as the hype suggests, that shouldn't really happen. Specially not to a "non wide man", should it?

And I'm not questioning Bernie's talent. We're blessed to have him.

But if he (Davies) is as good as the hype suggests, that shouldn't really happen. Specially not to a "non wide man", should it?

When was the last time you remember a defender getting the better of Bernardo anywhere on the pitch?

That's a serious question, I'm not taking the piss. From deep in the centre of midfield, to right wing, to the opponent's box, Bernie will run rings around anyone you put in front of him. He's got genuinely flawless technique and balance.

When was the last time you remember a defender getting the better of Bernardo anywhere on the pitch?

That's a serious question, I'm not taking the piss. From deep in the centre of midfield, to right wing, to the opponent's box, Bernie will run rings around anyone you put in front of him. He's got genuinely flawless technique and balance.
We're obviously not going to agree on the issue. Anyway; Ake hasn't let anyone down so far, has he?

The Liverpool- that Napoli winger link would crack me up if it happened, letting their midfield rot further while bringing in another mega money forward that doesn't score much.

Tear him? Bernardo dribbled him a lot, but Davies pace allowed him to recover every single time. Despite Bernardo dribbling him, I don't remember a single chance he could create because Davies was immediately back next to him.

Not to mention he created a lot of trouble offensively. Davies is literally the only world-class FB in the world right now. There are elite defensive fullbacks (Ake, Araujo, Walker), elite offensively (TAA, maybe Dumfries), elite at creation (Cancelo,Zinchenko), and some that are good, but not elite at both (James, Balde, maybe Shaw, Robertson) Davies is the only FB elite at creation and offensive that is still quite good defensively.

For me, he would be the best possible buy this summer (above Bellingham) and we would be set up for the next 8 years defensively.

Ake/Davies Ake/Akanji/Dias/Stones Lewis/Walker/Stones

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.