Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
mate there's countless witnesses saying the culprit attacked the police. What more do you want?

To let the investigation play out rather than taking sides immediately?

You're taking the police at their word and some witnesses accounts that you've probably read on twitter.

You don't know what happened, you don't know what led up to it.

People on here, and social media, have quickly jumped into believing the police were wrong or the police were right, without knowing what the hell actually happened.

There's also people taking the police side because of their dislike of Muslims.

One thing that always comes to my mind when I see these videos... do folk have their phones permanently on camera mode ready for something like this?
I have to put in my password and then find the camera app which takes a little while... (I'm old remember!!) But these things seem to be wham there online immediately.
Just a thought.

But these particular filming incidents are not instant, are they?

You have to think about escalation to decide when to film. If there's been shouting, the first thing wouldn't be to grab a phone. When contact begins, that's different and so it's likely the whole incident isn't captured and leads to feeding the trolls.

The officer has been suspended as he should be while the investigating officer finds out the facts, that’s how we do things.
The female officer looks upset by the incident, it’s not standard police practice to kick the head/face in, it’s so dangerous

Edit: that’s how we do things NOW in the sixties you got your head kicked in; who remembers the battle of Piccadilly ? no one but back then the cops joined in the fight

Last edited:
Mind you being me, I'd be so interested in watching that I'd totally forget about my phone. It's the same when I used to go hill walking. I was more interested in the scenery itself than a photographic image!!
Tell that to phone twats at the match

Mind you being me, I'd be so interested in watching that I'd totally forget about my phone. It's the same when I used to go hill walking. I was more interested in the scenery itself than a photographic image!!
Generational thing I suppose-same reason I dont always answer my phone, because its not glued to my hand-and its on silent, no notifications-nothing.

To let the investigation play out rather than taking sides immediately?

You're taking the police at their word and some witnesses accounts that you've probably read on twitter.

You don't know what happened, you don't know what led up to it.

People on here, and social media, have quickly jumped into believing the police were wrong or the police were right, without knowing what the hell actually happened.

There's also people taking the police side because of their dislike of Muslims.

BBC and the Guardian actually

quick question would you

a) take a risk of trying to arrest him whilst he's on the floor which might fail and end up with a gun in the wrong hands in an airport
or
b) spark the guy out then arrest him without any risk
He didn't even achieve b) though, so pretty pointless really. And likely to cost him his career and (potentially) freedom.

quick question would you

a) take a risk of trying to arrest him whilst he's on the floor which might fail and end up with a gun in the wrong hands in an airport
or
b) spark the guy out then arrest him without any risk

Not really sure what being in an airport has to do about anything. What do you expect some random guy to do if he successfully gets a gun from an officer that wouldn't happen anywhere else? Is it better for him to get a gun off an officer at a Train Station, or a Museum, or some other public place?

Is he going to make his way from the car park, through the terminal, through security, on to a plane and then demand it be flown off with a load of hostages so he can make an escape?

As for option B, he didn't even knock him out, so hardly risk free in that sense. He also increased the volatility of the situation by using that force with a crowd of people around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.