Altercation at Terminal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really sure what being in an airport has to do about anything. What do you expect some random guy to do if he successfully gets a gun from an officer that wouldn't happen anywhere else? Is it better for him to get a gun off an officer at a Train Station, or a Museum, or some other public place?

Is he going to make his way from the car park, through the terminal, through security, on to a plane and then demand it be flown off with a load of hostages so he can make an escape?

As for option B, he didn't even knock him out, so hardly risk free in that sense. He also increased the volatility of the situation by using that force with a crowd of people around him.

well he could take a pilot hostage get on a plane take off and fly it into a building say. you can't do that in a museum

The officer has been suspended as he should be while the investigating officer finds out the facts, that’s how we do things.
The female officer looks upset by the incident, it’s not standard police practice to kick the head/face in, it’s so dangerous.
You should of been arrested in the 80s, it was the norm back then.
You took a beating in the back of the van and a 2nd serving back in the cell.
It made you think twice about being a dick again

BBC and the Guardian actually

Fair enough.

But my point stands.

Everyone is quick to take sides with so many stories, rather than just leaving it for days or weeks and then seeing what information comes out.

The video doesn't look good but it could come out that the police officer was right to do what he did, it could be he was in the wrong.

Until then, we're all just chatting shit.

Fair enough.

But my point stands.

Everyone is quick to take sides with so many stories, rather than just leaving it for days or weeks and then seeing what information comes out.

The video doesn't look good but it could come out that the police officer was right to do what he did, it could be he was in the wrong.

and my point also still stands literally most if not all the population of the UK won't get into this situation to begin with. The cops don't want to be in this situation either. The only conclusion is the culprit is a massive bell end which is also confirmed by independent eyewitness statements on the BBC and Guardian

Fair enough.

But my point stands.

Body cam footage should be available sooner rather than later to put this whole incident in perspective as I’m sure that these people are not totally blameless

Body cam footage should be available sooner rather than later to put this whole incident in perspective as I’m sure that these people are not totally blameless
I suspect they're not blameless, but neither is the police officer. It's weird how people (not necessarily you) are so quick to entrench themselves by picking sides like it's a game of football. It's entirely possible (and very likely in my opinion) that both 'sides' are majorly in the wrong here.

Edit: And the bodycam footage will likely have to wait till after any potential court cases now before being released to the public. This won't be sorted any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.