Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Just watched Pep’s press conference and wow is he pissed off with Alvarez. He seems done with him. We can forget about Julian having a future here.

Am sure Pep is pissed of with him because he started him when in fact he could played foden in that position he was taking up which he ain't cut out to do Pep backed the kid! All we asked of him was don't go to the olympics you need a rest this summer but no! Sorry he can be sold for me..

What a surprise, transfer journalists selectively snipping quotes for maximum controversy.

No issue with what he said, he is not the first nor last player to say he wants to play every game.

Won't be the first or last time Pep hears it either, and it is a fair and consistent response from him too. That people are reading too much into.

He said the exaxt same about Eric Garcia, and he ended up staying a whole year. And Sterling, and Jesus, and Delph, and Zinchenko, and Laporte etc etc. Doesn't mean Alvarez is getting fucked off at the first opportunity just because he said something and Pep gave a reaponse to it.

He might still leave, but this is not the irreparable loggerheads people are making it out to be. If he doesn't, he will go back to training and playing his part, and Pep will manage it like the man he is.

I imagine Guardiola’s pissed off because he went out of his way to give him minutes, often to the detriment of the team, by playing him almost as an 8 last season.

It’s a shame if this is how it ends, but a parting of the ways is looking pretty likely at the moment.

Agreed. Foden was shoehorned to the wing just so Alvarez could play in the middle and not make any impact on games week after week. A bit strange really and struck me as Pep playing him to keep him happy.

Also, I like Alvarez but he talks about playing in important games - that miss in the FA Cup final was a shambles. They’re the ones you have to score as a striker and force the manager to make sure you play in the next one, not just asking for the chance.

Maybe we should give him fixtures calendar and let him choose the games he wants to play.

Some statement to make about a lad who's won pretty much every single trophy you can. Going to Atletico is just a new challenge.
Trophies aren't always a measure of the quality of an individual.
Kalvin Philips has a winner's medal for 2 Premier Leagues, a Champions League, FA CUP, Supercup and Clip World Cup.
I like Alvarez a lot, but wanting to leave because he wants more game time when he is already one of the most played players is a little disappointing.
Score more goals lad, and you'll be on the pitch in the big games.

Could just be about where he plays? If A Madrid offer him the main starter number 9 role in a sunnier climate then i can see why he may fancy it.

He talks a lot for a player, who has first touch of a "championship" player and even though contributed a lot, still had a lot of issues, not making eligible to be the first-team player for the club like City is.

These ambitions.... Sterling also was unhappy maybe, for his lack of minutes, but where he ended up ? Even Chelsea considers to throw him out, cause the one way is to blame others for your failure and another is to work on yourself, be realistic and try to improve.

When club has Foden, KDB, Haaland, Bernardo and this guy wanted to play ahead of them against Madrid ? FFS

Pep is right. He got a lot of minutes and if he is ungrateful, then no problem, can get the hell out of the club.
We have Oscar Bobb, Savio, Macatee who need more minutes and are ready to play. Doku and Matheus will also
improve considering it's their second season under Pep. So a lot of players in those areas and nothing to worry about.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.