Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

agreed, i just hope if he goes we get a top class replacement in.
That's the issue though, No "top class" striker is going to want to join us, They know they'll be playing second fiddle to Haaland.

Personally I think we would be better to replace Alvarez with a player who can play in numerous positions someone like Olmo, If Haaland is ever out or needs to be rested we can go to a false 9, We will always score goals.

agreed, i just hope if he goes we get a top class replacement in.
We all do, but his replacement will have the same issues being behind Haaland , Foden, KDB in the pecking order for striker / 10 position and will know that before signing. Much better we hang on to him even if only for a year until Haalands position becomes clearer.

That's the issue though, No "top class" striker is going to want to join us, They know they'll be playing second fiddle to Haaland.

Personally I think we would be better to replace Alvarez with a player who can play in numerous positions someone like Olmo, If Haaland is ever out or needs to be rested we can go to a false 9, We will always score goals.

Olmo would be great mate but with the huge profit and book value made on Alvarez, i`d love us to have a huge go at Musiala this year? Chuck £125m at Bayern and see if we could tempt them?

From what Pep said sounds like he wants to go, ok then as long as we get fair market value, the lads won everything in the last 18 months and contributed to all them trophies must be the biggest fee this summers

Olmo would be great mate but with the huge profit and book value made on Alvarez, i`d love us to have a huge go at Musiala this year? Chuck £125m at Bayern and see if we could tempt them?
Musiala would be a dream signing, Incredible player.

I think Alvarez will stay at City, Even if he doesn't want to stay, I just can't see a club outside of the Premier League paying the money that we are asking for Alvarez.

It has the feeling of no incoming unless somebody goes which is looking unlikely bar some loan deals like Cancelo or Phillips.

none of them are strikers tho, we would need a direct replacement imo, would love jamal in a heartbeat here, but i guess we saving it for the best to be the heir for king kev.
have u got any available strikers in ur mind because i don't, striker market is a dull rn, that's why we gotta charge any potential club as much as possible. i wouldn't be arsed if would go again and scout SA market and bargain the young talent from there so we could repeat the cycle again and again

If he did leave, I wouldn't be surprised if rather than bringing a big name 60m+ signing, we brought in that young guy we were linked with that went to NYC, from one of the Belgrade clubs (can't remember which one he played for).

Last edited:
We all do, but his replacement will have the same issues being behind Haaland , Foden, KDB in the pecking order for striker / 10 position and will know that before signing. Much better we hang on to him even if only for a year until Haalands position becomes clearer.

I wouldnt pick a striker mate, i`d go a versatile attacking type.

none of them are strikers tho, we would need a direct replacement imo, would love jamal in a heartbeat here, but i guess we saving it for the best to be the heir for king kev.
have u got any available strikers in ur mind because i don't, striker market is a dull rn, that's why we gotta charge any potential club as much as possible. i wouldn't be arsed if would go again and scout SA market and bargain the young talent from there so we could repeat the cycle again and again

What about intercepting the guy from Girona going to Roma? Scored a load of goals last season?

I wouldnt pick a striker mate, i`d go a versatile attacking type.
A versatile attacking player is still competing with De Bruyne, Foden, and maybe in a year or even earlier Bobb.It would be really difficult to replace Alvarez,a situation best avoided if at all possible IMO. Think Bobb's potential is being under estimated,he looks like the real deal to me so far.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.