Alvarez done deal - £82m to Atletico

Like Alvarez?
Wouldn't qualify as an up and comer at this point. He's very well established. I don't think he's good enough, but Liam Delap would have been someone who fell into that category. Savinho can play as a striker though and clearly Bobb has the ability as well, so we've got guys who qualify on the books already.

I definitely wouldn't mind bringing in a veteran who could put in a shift a few times. Joselu, Dzeko, etc. type player. Neither of those guys would be available, but a player in that age group who is still performing. My guess is City just don't replace Alvarez though.

It’s natural that he’s going to want to start more matches and he won’t do so whilst Haaland is here.

He’ll need to be replaced nevertheless.

Wouldn't qualify as an up and comer at this point. He's very well established. I don't think he's good enough, but Liam Delap would have been someone who fell into that category. Savinho can play as a striker though and clearly Bobb has the ability as well, so we've got guys who qualify on the books already.

I definitely wouldn't mind bringing in a veteran who could put in a shift a few times. Joselu, Dzeko, etc. type player. Neither of those guys would be available, but a player in that age group who is still performing. My guess is City just don't replace Alvarez though.

I've said it before, if alvarez left, I wouldn't be surprised if instead of replacing him with a 60m player like Eze, we brought in someone like that Jovan player at NYC or such.

Already moving to the MLS i read.
Read the same. I am sure we can turn his head, I doubt he wants to retire this early. I am sure he wants to play in the highest level and win meaningful trophies for 2 more seasons before he goes to the MLS to retire.

A bit sad to see him go but not that bothered by this, actually. He's been a good servant, he's played some tidy stuff and scored some important goals, and he deserves our gratitude for everything he did. But he's not kicking on here, he'll never displace Haaland, and we've got lads like Bobb and McAtee knocking at the door. Would rather we went back to a false nine system whenever Haaland isn't fit and selling Alvarez is the key to that. Wouldn't mind if he stayed but it seems he's done here so that's fair enough.

Ederson
Walker, Dias, Akanji, Gvardiol
Rodri
De Bruyne, Foden
Bernardo, Haaland, Doku

Ortega
Lewis, Stones, Ake, (Wilson-Esbrand?)
Nunes, Kovacic, Grealish
Savio, McAtee, Bobb

I'm fine with that for this season.

Atletico just confirmed Sørloth, not sure how many strikers Simeone plan on using. Alvarez might struggle for gametime agianst both Griezman and Depay (yeah I really don't rate Alvarez that highly)

I'd actually love us to bring in Felix. Can see Pep really work his magic with him. Cpuld offer us something Alvarez never could, consistens technical ability

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.