Alvarez leaving?

And how far does that £65m go towards a replacement? Sell him and the quality goes down. Is that what you want? Think about it.
If we do sell him, we wouldn’t/couldn’t be able to buy a player that would essentially be back up to Haaland.

It’d be a player that could play wide as well as as a 9. Rodrygo type player.

I’d probably look to keep Alvarez and see what happens with Haaland’s contract next summer. If Haaland doesn’t sign, then Alvarez could become our first choice 9. If he does sign, then that’s when we look to offload Julian.

Last edited:
No Sergio Aguero sadly.. Missed some relatively easy chances that a striker shouldn't e.g. the chance v the rags in the cup final...

IF we had a good player to replace him I wouldn't be too upset if he went...

No Sergio Aguero sadly.. Missed some relatively easy chances that a striker shouldn't e.g. the chance v the rags in the cup final...

IF we had a good player to replace him I wouldn't be too upset if he went...
can interest you in a turkish kun?

Think it would be smart to wait a year on selling Alvarez and seeing what happens with Haaland's contract situation. Erling's had the opportunity to extend it and is smartly waiting to see what happens with Pep before deciding. Would be nice having an insurance policy going forward rather than getting caught with our pants down and Alvarez is that insurance.

But if a big offer comes in (£80m-£100m) for our backup striker I think you'd have to consider it. Even if it means further strengthening a side like Chelsea I suppose. Would prefer we deal him to PSG though if push comes to shove. Don't need another Palmer fiasco.

And how far does that £65m go towards a replacement? Sell him and the quality goes down. Is that what you want? Think about it.
We sold Jesus for almost £50m and bought Alvarez for £14m.

We’ll sell Alvarez for £70m+ and buy someone for under £30m, maybe from South America again, since we have such good scouting there.

We don’t need to bring in the world’s most insane striker, we just need the next project player who will do the understudy role for 2 or 3 seasons and then move on for a profit again.

The role of being backup to Aguero and now Haaland is not a long term one. So we’ve been smart in the past and bought players from the cheaper countries, and then sold high.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.