Alvarez replacement thread

We have sold one of the best rated young RBs in Europe already and Kabore is likely to go as well and he is up there for talent. Frimpong had a release clause and we didn't got anywhere (neither did anyone else tbf) and i can't see many other options in the market. Kyle has another season in him, Rico needs minutes and Pep has been more than happy to default to a safe option of Stones or Akanji if required.
The problem remains none of Kyle Rico Stones or Akanji are very good at crossing. Same goes with our left backs. KDB is not getting any younger.

The problem remains none of Kyle Rico Stones or Akanji are very good at crossing. Same goes with our left backs. KDB is not getting any younger.
If it was a problem then Pep wouldn't keep doing it or in fact going out of his way to seemingly not have an attacking/crossing RB or LB in the team, surely that is obvious?
Id say our success in the past 5yrs proves Pep right.

Kudus or nothing
Now that Olmo is gone to Barcelona, Kudus would be a great signing for us. A very dangerous attacking and pressing player. He would win all those ground duels, not losing the ball. He is a game changer just like Neto. We get Kudus our attack would be the most dangerous in all leagues. Savio, Kudus, Doku, Foden, Oscar, Haaland, KDB and Bernado. That's intense. These are serious attackers!

Now that Olmo is gone to Barcelona, Kudus would be a great signing for us. A very dangerous attacking and pressing player. He would win all those ground duels, not losing the ball. He is a game changer just like Neto. We get Kudus our attack would be the most dangerous in all leagues. Savio, Kudus, Doku, Foden, Oscar, Haaland, KDB and Bernado. That's intense. These are serious attackers!
So what would it cost to land him and is it even realistic... He's only been there a season.

Kudus is not a real target. There's no way. We don't need to invest that much in the position. We have way more pressing needs.

I don't think we buy a replacement, I never really felt Alvarez fit into our team/squad and his purchase was more to do with him being too good to pass up. We do need to replace the goals he scored, I think Bobb, Doku &
Savinho will provide and hopefully KDB & Haaland are less impacted by injuries. A resurgent Grealish and Kova to carry on his form from last seasons run in will be cruicial to our start I think.

He was a good player for us was Alvarez. Wish he eventually stars over there at Atletico.

Lots of talk of a move for Eze to the Etihad. Looks like McAtee & Bobb are also in Pep's plans too. Anyway hope that Alvarez's replacement(s) would do wonderfully well.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.