Alvarez replacement thread

An out and out striker would be a pointless signing as no one of any note would turn up to play second fiddle to Haaland so ideally we would require someone who can play a number of positions.

It’s genuinely difficult to think who can fill the void so I’m not really advocating these players but possible options:

From the top drawer Isak would be the most obvious choice, another option could be Marcus Thurman or as a wildcard Mbeumo who could play along the line.

Nunes could play as a F9, good touch and technically ok, can hold up the ball , distribute and that would mitigate defensive frailties, mainly tracking back

have 0 information on finishing tho, seems decent in tight spaces watching from youtube highlights

Other three options are Bobb, Foden, Bernardo

I doubt we need to sign someone

Nunes could play as a F9, good touch and technically ok, can hold up the ball , distribute and that would mitigate defensive frailties, mainly tracking back

have 0 information on finishing tho, seems decent in tight spaces watching from youtube highlights

Other three options are Bobb, Foden, Bernardo

I doubt we need to sign someone
Pep says thats one of his weaknesses, might see him out wide but doubtful as a 9

We won the league two years in a row playing with a false 9, no reason why we can’t manage without Haaland for a few months. We’ve lost Alvarez, but we’ve also gained Savio and Bobb will have his breakthrough season. Grealish has something to prove and Doku needs to step up another gear. We’ve got so many attacking options. If we don’t find a suitable CM, just go with the squad we have. Bernardo will go back into midfield and Rico will also feature more than last season.

Save the money for next summer for Musiala/Wirtz.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.