Alvarez replacement thread

I’ve been holding back on this as I think I might get ridiculed for thinking it, but I think City should offer United £100mill for Poundland Haaland. He can play alongside Haaland, or even replace Haaland throughout the season. I’m sure Haaland wouldn’t mind being a bench warmer whilst Poundland Haaland becomes the top goal scorer in the PL and wins the PL Golden Boot at the end of the season.
33c257183b616d0d8cda8f9389e928a345a09c55c291564bc6b574af52c74f4c_1.jpg

Hypothetical. 38 year old dzeko or 32 year old Danny Ings as a stopgap backup striker?

A 38 year old Dzeko would be grateful for a CL medal I think and be more than willing to come back as a backup striker.. I would think!

I think we should spend some of the money on Kimmich and only Kimmich

Bobb, Foden, Bernardo, Kev, all have experience playing in that 9/10 space and I and we needed to find a way to get all of them lots of minutes. I don't think we have a glaring need. The backup minutes can be deputized by the existing talent we have best, anyways.

There have been rumors that Kyle Walker is Saudi bound, and even if not he's aging. Rico Lewis is a talent but bringing in Kimmich would accomplish a couple things

It would give us a right back option with a good cross and good chance creation. During the euros Kimmich passing from all sorts of different angles and spaces was key. I think one thing we lacked when Kev missed time was someone who was willing to hit that long ball and be incisive. Kimmich offers that

Kimmich would also be able to spend some time at the 6 and 8 as well. He'd be fantastic alongside Rodri or even could spend some time giving him a rest.

He's a leader for his national team, a crucial member of his club team, pep proven, CL/league winning player.

So not only does he fit the present need of a DM, but also strengthens two roles where we have aging players (de Brunye, Walker)

He's 29 but he's got one year left on his deal. I bet it would take 50m to pry him.

Sometimes the fit is so obvious. We don't need to overthink this

Now that Alvarez is gone, Olmo would have been the perfect fit. Damn Barcelona. Now, let's hand it over to Bobb. Our special boy!

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.