Aly Cissokho

jjeangi said:
@Dax, I believe so mate. Honestly do. Atleast on the strength part, maybe pace is debatable. But even then once he runs, he runs. His pace is pretty explosive, like a train..Very Micah-esque you could say. He's the better footballer though, in my opinion.

I've got some matches saved if you want to give us your expert analysis after watching. You know i love you Dax :P

Richards is very ripped and so is this guy. Cissokho is 181cm and Richards is 183cm...Richards edges little there.

Cissokho is very powerful and fast but i dont think he is faster than Richards because Richards is probably one of the fastest full-backs in the world (if not fastest).

Both have plenty of pace but i think Richards is a tiny bit faster.

Dax777 said:
jjeangi said:
YESSSS! Fookin thrilled if true. He's like a more refined Micah Richards, and a hell of a better crosser. He likes to send lots of early crosses.

Stronger and has more pace than Micah from what I've seen!
Really? Is that even possible? Micah is as strong and fast as a NFL linebacker.

hard to argue with that. the guy's a train

depps said:
Has everyone given up on Kolarov already so? The lad was in his first season in a new league and had injury problems all year. I really don't see the point in splashing out another 15mil on a replacement left back who won't be significantly better than Kola was last season.... and both Baines and Cissokho are no better than he was last season, and are poorer players when all are at the top of their game.

As for those giving out about Kolarov shooting a lot, that is half the reason he is rated so highly and why we signed him. I say give the lad until xmass at least. We are seriously jumping the gun looking to replace him already.

If all we want is cover then sign a kid or someone who can cover a few positions like Vertonghen. Cissokho or Baines would be a serious waste of money.

Personally, it isn't about giving up on Kolarov necessarily. He might well come good, it would take a huge improvement imo and personally I'm not convinced he will but I admit that he might. The problem for us is, can we afford to go into the season just assuming that he is going to be twice as good as he was last season? What if he doesn't? I don't think spending money on a left back can be seen as a waste of money considering our current left back has barely had more than a couple of good matches for us. It just seems common sense to me.

jjeangi said:
@Dax, I believe so mate. Honestly do. Atleast on the strength part, maybe pace is debatable. But even then once he runs, he runs. His pace is pretty explosive, like a train..Very Micah-esque you could say. He's the better footballer though, in my opinion.

I've got some matches saved if you want to give us your expert analysis after watching. You know i love you Dax :P
Hook me up bro. There is nothing more vexing than not having a good eyeball feel for one of our prospects. I have ssen his youtube (and noted the technical deficiency), saw him vs Lille in the French Cup and against a 3rd division team, But I was really scouting Dejan Lovren and only noticed the LB reminded me of Taiwo. Which I don't like.

But hook me up so I can give him a good look. Of the games you have can you upload his best and worst game. That will be good bookends to judge him on. :)

depps said:
Has everyone given up on Kolarov already so? The lad was in his first season in a new league and had injury problems all year. I really don't see the point in splashing out another 15mil on a replacement left back who won't be significantly better than Kola was last season.... and both Baines and Cissokho are no better than he was last season, and are poorer players when all are at the top of their game.

As for those giving out about Kolarov shooting a lot, that is half the reason he is rated so highly and why we signed him. I say give the lad until xmass at least. We are seriously jumping the gun looking to replace him already.

If all we want is cover then sign a kid or someone who can cover a few positions like Vertonghen. Cissokho or Baines would be a serious waste of money.
We only have 1 left back, so we were likely to sign another anyway. Whether the new signee benches Kolarov is up to Kolarov. I don't get it with you guys who are scared of competition. Let the lads compete. Maythe best man win. And City the overall winner for it.

The same argument was used about why we need to sign Vertonghen, "oh but Lescott has looked great the last 2 months" they say. My response, well if Lescott is that good, then he will keep Vertonghen on the bench. The argument of we shouldn't sign X because Y played well is obtuse. As it can apply to every position. We have AJ at RM so no need to sign a winger, or an AM as we have Yaya, or LM as we have Silva, or even DM as we have Barry and Milner can always take over. Same argument can be used for any position barring backup striker Jo.

So it is a weak argument. Let Kolarov beat out the competition. That is what good players do. Not hope the team doesn't buy anyone.

Our defense allowed .87 goals per game last season (tied for first with Chelsea). Do you really think we had a left back that couldn't defend?

Lancet Fluke said:
depps said:

Personally, it isn't about giving up on Kolarov necessarily. He might well come good, it would take a huge improvement imo and personally I'm not convinced he will but I admit that he might. The problem for us is, can we afford to go into the season just assuming that he is going to be twice as good as he was last season? What if he doesn't? I don't think spending money on a left back can be seen as a waste of money considering our current left back has barely had more than a couple of good matches for us. It just seems common sense to me.

I see what your saying but for me it seems just as likely that Cissokho will have trouble settling in in the same way as Kolarov has and add to that the fact that this will definitely unsettle Kolarov as well. If we were signing someone like Ashley Cole or Conetrao then I would be up for it but Cissokho and Baines just don't strike me as being vast or even guaranteed improvements on what we already have

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.