Am I the greatest Stone Roses fan on the forum?

This is my fave tune off Second Coming and this is the direction I wished they would have gone in. Instead they went all Led Zepplin and turned into just another guitar band.
Ten Storey Love Song, Begging You and Love Soreads are the stand out tracks from the album. I like How Do You Sleep and Tears but they are not a patch on the 3 singles.

Yep, a belting tune. All mean, rumbling and in your face. Annoys me when it fades out.
I'm a bit confused by the rest of your post though. You say they went on to become just another guitar band but cite tracks with cracking 'rock' guitaring on 'em as your favourites?
Drivin' South is my pick of that album, outrageous air-guitarery on that.

Absolutely horrific tune imo sorry mate.

How do you go from Fools Gold to that?

Mind boggling.

Funny you should say that as I think its nearer to Fools Gold than any other tune they have done. Samples, loops, minimal vocals and the up tempo groove. I would say it was the natural progression from Fools Gold. There is something a bit Leftfield - Leftism about Begging You and thats the direction they should have headed in imo.
The world did not need another guitar band at the point of Second Coming, Oasis had stolen their thunder by then.

Yep, a belting tune. All mean, rumbling and in your face. Annoys me when it fades out.
I'm a bit confused by the rest of your post though. You say they went on to become just another guitar band but cite tracks with cracking 'rock' guitaring on 'em as your favourites?
Drivin' South is my pick of that album, outrageous air-guitarery on that.

Let me have my tea and take my medication mate and I will explain what I mean.

Funny you should say that as I think its nearer to Fools Gold than any other tune they have done. Samples, loops, minimal vocals and the up tempo groove. I would say it was the natural progression from Fools Gold. There is something a bit Leftfield - Leftism about Begging You and thats the direction they should have headed in imo.
The world did not need another guitar band at the point of Second Coming, Oasis had stolen their thunder by then.

A bit like every face has 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth and a chin but every face looks different.

The 2 songs have the same ingredients but, to me, sound like 2 different bands.

Fools Gold has a groove, an effortless swagger. Begging You just doesn't.

A bit like every face has 2 eyes, a nose, a mouth and a chin but every face looks different.

The 2 songs have the same ingredients but, to me, sound like 2 different bands.

Fools Gold has a groove, an effortless swagger. Begging You just doesn't.
More of a rumble than a swagger but still one hell of a groove for me.

Squire says it was influenced by Public Enemy track (according to the nme

Bye Bye Bad Man and Shoot You Down are another two crackers that never get the plaudits they deserve, or played enough in bars and pubs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.