Am I the greatest Stone Roses fan on the forum?

Yep, a belting tune. All mean, rumbling and in your face. Annoys me when it fades out.
I'm a bit confused by the rest of your post though. You say they went on to become just another guitar band but cite tracks with cracking 'rock' guitaring on 'em as your favourites?
Drivin' South is my pick of that album, outrageous air-guitarery on that.

They became just another guitar band, there was absolutely nothing new, fresh or innovative about them once they got to the Second Coming. They never changed music in anyway. They became just another one in the lineage of beat combos that have come from this country. No one is going to look back in 50 years and say the Stone Roses changed music. When you look at their whole catalogue, are they actually any different really to the LA's or the Verve for example. As good as that first album was, they will not go down as an original or innovative band, they never changed music. Yet I listen to Fools Gold and Begging you, I hear that rhythm section of Mani & Reni and think they were capable of so much more than being Led Zeppelin imitators.

The tracks I mentioned are really good guitar tracks. But there were loads of bands coming out with good guitar tunes at that time. The Stone Roses should have shone out above all the rest but they didn't imo.

They became just another guitar band, there was absolutely nothing new, fresh or innovative about them once they got to the Second Coming. They never changed music in anyway. They became just another one in the lineage of beat combos that have come from this country. No one is going to look back in 50 years and say the Stone Roses changed music. When you look at their whole catalogue, are they actually any different really to the LA's or the Verve for example. As good as that first album was, they will not go down as an original or innovative band, they never changed music. Yet I listen to Fools Gold and Begging you, I hear that rhythm section of Mani & Reni and think they were capable of so much more than being Led Zeppelin imitators.

The tracks I mentioned are really good guitar tracks. But there were loads of bands coming out with good guitar tunes at that time. The Stone Roses should have shone out above all the rest but they didn't imo.
Lazy fuckers. Was in 1990. Was in 1994. Was in 2011. The fire went out after they got tangled up in the court case and the Silverstone bollocks.

They got paid in the end with the reunion tours but they should have been paid in the 90s.

So much potential un-fulfilled. Mostly due to bad record deals and not being able/wanting to put record and release new stuff.

Crate of Staropramen, bag of goodies and big speaker on my deck yesterday afternoon to listen to the first album from start to finish. Glorious sounds and both neighbours wanted it turning up.
Once it finished i had singles and remixes blasting til 7.

I enjoyed the film Spike Island with Elliot Tittensor, Nico Mirallegro and Emilia Clarke.

Clarke manages to pull off a better Mancunian accent than most people who appeared on Shameless, or Coro over the years!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.