am i the only one thinking.....

I would bow out of both competitions right this second if it guaranteed a 4th place finish.

But, as it doesn't, I hope we smother Reading on Sunday and get West Ham in the draw.

So if we got 4th, but Spuds won UCL, what next for Mancini and all of our star players then?

Soulboy said:
I could actually see the sense in this argument, except for one glaring thing... we played our strongest team tonight. Mancini is looking to progress. Had we played Jo, de Jong, Boateng, Boyata, Vieira... then this would have been a reasonable result.
But we didn't, so it wasn't.
Absolute rubbish. Our strongest team contains Boateng, De Jong, Milner and Tevez. Mind you, at least the result confirms that we are not yet good enough or experienced enough for the Champions League. Personally, I wouldn't be too upset if we finish fifth. My fear is that we are thinking ahead of ourselves. Another season fighting for a Top 3 finish and good runs in three competitions would not be the end of the world, especially as we will not have Tevez next season and may also be under new management if our recent history is anything to go by.

Of course it would be better for the players if we were to end of Europa campaign next Thursday.

But for Manchester City Football Club it would absolutely the wrong thing to happen. We need to keep our chances of winning silverware alive for as long as possible. How attractive a proposition would we look in the summer to top players If we were to be in the Champions League and holders of the Europa League and FA Cup.
We do have Adam Johnson, Milner and M Johnson to come back to help with rotation.

We need to win things as well as get 4th place. To give up on a competition is defeatist. Besides I went to W Brom in the Carling Cup and that was the comp Mancini decided was one too much.

Freestyler said:
imo winning the europa league is miles better than the F.A cup, but with the F.A cup being drawn to a close, it's our main priority at the moment along with getting a top 4 spot.

i'd love to win both but it ain't gonna happen.

i agree. europa trumps Fa cup anyday. We need to go all out against Kyiv and try and get two quick goals to get the crowd behind us so we can get that vital third goal.

intheknow! said:
In my view, yes you are the only one thinking that. Sorry to say but that is such a small club mentality. Winners go out to win everything, that is the mentality needed. If we cannot progress to at least the semi final of Europa, even if we get top four, we won't go very far on the Champions League. End of.

this is right.

I would have gone further, and labeled this as 'pussy-thinking'.

we want to go out there and score three goals at home next week (four if we're going to leak one)

oakiecokie said:
Soulboy said:
So the question I asked was too difficult.

I won't make that mistake again!

I gave you an answer thick fucker.
If you don`t comprehend whose fault is that.
By the way,what the shit are you on about "should be sacked NOT playing his strongest team??"
Its a fucking squad of 28 you thick twunt !!

I do apologise. You seriously can't read can you? Logic clearly is not your strong point.

But my mistake for assuming that you're on a similar level of intelligence to me.

And I just love your final comment about it being a 28-man squad.

Comedy Gold!

It'd be a blessing if we then went on to improve, however I can't see it. We haven't been great since Jan and I can't see how it's gonna change.

Wouldn't suprise me one bit if we got knocked out of the FA cup and finished outside the top 4, as we simply aren't good enough at the moment.

lionheart said:
Soulboy said:
I could actually see the sense in this argument, except for one glaring thing... we played our strongest team tonight. Mancini is looking to progress. Had we played Jo, de Jong, Boateng, Boyata, Vieira... then this would have been a reasonable result.
But we didn't, so it wasn't.
Absolute rubbish. Our strongest team contains Boateng, De Jong, Milner and Tevez. Mind you, at least the result confirms that we are not yet good enough or experienced enough for the Champions League. Personally, I wouldn't be too upset if we finish fifth. My fear is that we are thinking ahead of ourselves. Another season fighting for a Top 3 finish and good runs in three competitions would not be the end of the world, especially as we will not have Tevez next season and may also be under new management if our recent history is anything to go by.

Just out of interest, if Boateng and Milner are part of our "strongest" team, who would they have replaced last night?

And if de Jong and Tevez are part of our "strongest" team, then why put them on the bench?

You clearly have little faith in the manager's decisions. It was the MANAGER that picked the team last night... it was HIS decision as to what he believed our strongest team was.

Are you suggesting that you know better than Mancini?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.