Americana / alt.country thread

Can anyone recommend good radio channels / streaming channels for this kind of music?
I have got a Roberts Internet/Dab radio which is fantastic. You can get all the Country/Southern Rock/Americana channels from the US. A lot of them are continuous music with no adverts. The sound is also great. There are hundreds of channels from all the US states and Canada and any other part of the world for that matter. You can search and set up the channels by category eg Alt Country, Rebel Country etc etc. The make is Roberts Stream 94i. It is more convenient than streaming via your laptop. Not cheap (about £160 on Amazon) but a great present for my birthday. It also allows me not to listen to the shite on the BBC and Talksport because there are lots of Talk channels and a separate channel for podcasts. All you need is the usual Wi Fi.

"Wasted Days" is not the best song written by John Mellencamp - it's not a bad song, some nice accordion in there too, but it is significant if you like this genre.

For the first time on record - John Mellencamp and Bruce Springsteen perform together. Bruce performs on 3 of the tracks on Mellencamp's upcoming album in 2022.

"Wasted Days" is not the best song written by John Mellencamp - it's not a bad song, some nice accordion in there too, but it is significant if you like this genre.

For the first time on record - John Mellencamp and Bruce Springsteen perform together. Bruce performs on 3 of the tracks on Mellencamp's upcoming album in 2022.

Saw this on you tube a few days ago loved it. The blue collar boy and the mid west hick ;-)
Love both of them, seen them both but John at the Apollo M/cr was the best.

Listened to this yesterday ,i was excited when I saw it but as you say not his best
but interesting.

This is a cracking thread. Just working my way through. Lots of great music I didn’t know about.

Glad to see the Handsome Family getting a few mentions. Only knew about them after seeing Jim White’s excellent film ‘Searching for the wrong eyed Jesus’.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.