Amir Khan Fight

Manchester_lalala said:
Having a debate atm with a mate, discussing the potential of a Hatton vs Khan fight. Be a good fight, Khan obviously has the speed and youth with him, but Hatton would be determined to beat Khan I think. Would love to see him beat the f*ck out of Khan, just because the amount of critiscm the hitman gets now.
As long as Hatton keeps his head on, he will beat him every time.

GStar said:
alextrueblue said:
amir khan will not be taken seriously untill he rematches with prescott
and defeats him.

ricky hatton would ruin him nuff said!

Agreed, could a title fight between these two be on the cards, or is it not likely to happen?

Warren won't put him against someone that will more than likely beat him.

FrankboffCTID said:
Manchester_lalala said:
Having a debate atm with a mate, discussing the potential of a Hatton vs Khan fight. Be a good fight, Khan obviously has the speed and youth with him, but Hatton would be determined to beat Khan I think. Would love to see him beat the f*ck out of Khan, just because the amount of critiscm the hitman gets now.
so your saying hatton wasnt determined to beat Manny???? Hatton sucks against speed, Amir is too tall and fast for Hatton... Even Roach has said that Amir is just as fast if not faster than Manny (dunno if he is) his speed would beat Ricky imo. Ricky has 1 style of boxing and it eventually got caught out when he fought the best. Tzyu in his prime would ruin Ricky easily. I know ill get abuse but who cares, most here like ricky coz hes a blue, hes good but very over rated.

ussy said:
FrankboffCTID said:
so your saying hatton wasnt determined to beat Manny???? Hatton sucks against speed, Amir is too tall and fast for Hatton... Even Roach has said that Amir is just as fast if not faster than Manny (dunno if he is) his speed would beat Ricky imo. Ricky has 1 style of boxing and it eventually got caught out when he fought the best. Tzyu in his prime would ruin Ricky easily. I know ill get abuse but who cares, most here like ricky coz hes a blue, hes good but very over rated.

No course not, but im saying its more of a must win than the manny fight, as he wouldnt like to finish off his career with 2 losses. Theres alot more about boxing than just speed. Khan is no way the standard of Manny yet. Maybe in the speed category, but not fighting wise. But im not saying he will never be that standard. The lads still got a long way to go, and Hatton would be the ideal fight for him now, be a very entertaining fight.

ussy said:
FrankboffCTID said:

The thing Ricky has that Kotenlik doesn't have is POWER and a in your face fight plan. Khan would get stunned by Hatton or Witter if he fought them and they would test that chin out big time if either boxed Khan but I take my hat off he is now a World Champion not many people can say that.

GStar said:
BlueMooner87 said:
the problem is warren will not let amir khan fight a decent boxer so we will not see the cnut knocked out anytime soon, its has-beens and unknown fights for the arrogant shit

Its this kind of post tonight that you have to laugh at.

"Has Beens and Unknown's" - i mean anyone that isn't in a fit a aperpletic rage can actually believe that line, as Khan becomes World Champion.

I don't like the guy; the lack of charisma, what i thought was a lack of any kind of strategic talent (until tonight) and the fact that everything from knocking people over in his car to seemingly everyone's first hand opinion say he's a twat.

But, tonight, his knockers are coming across incredibly bitter; he's become World Champion, up a weight class, at 22. He took some hits tonight and responded by throwing punches straight back.

He still has some questions to answer but absolutely no criticisms leveled of him tonight, imo.

Agreed.

That was a very bitter, strange and naive post from Bluemooner! You fight whomever is put in front of you. Kotelnik had defended his World Title 3 times(I believe), so by mere definition he also fought 'has beens' and 'nobodies' in those defences!

Of course, watching the fight, you would have to admire the game plan, should you care to remove the splinters from your eyes! I'm in no way a Khan fan, but I can appreciate genius tactics to cover flaws!

Roache didn't want Khan to get in a 'tear up', like so many idiots Brits do! He wanted him to fight a style exuding ring craft. Although it was far from a 'Pacman' style boxing lesson, it was adequate and enough for Kotelnik to be outfoxed.

He probably ran a marathon, in that ring!

But, what else do you do to protect your fighter's chin...?

ussy said:
FrankboffCTID said:

I actually agree with you!

Never liked Hatton's style of boxing. Especially after I saw a docu about him claiming to study the greatest boxers of all time and could emulate them if he wanted to.

So... When were you planning that, then, Ricky mate...?

Have to admit I dont know that much about Khan but I have been around the boxing biz only the first 35 years of my life. Khan will probaly fight a series of "who the fuck is that" as his promoters want to protect him. The most natural fight would definitely be agianst Hatton or that Prescott guy who starched him. I dont think we will be seeing those fights as I believe Khan's "people" dont think he could win those matches.

Although Khan has the title, Hatton would be the draw. Khan, especially if he ran this fight, has trouble drawing flies to a dump. Hatton on the other hand can fill Eastlands. Oh well it should be interesting. Khan v Manny, Floyd, or Cotto-do me a fucking favor.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.