Amsterdam meet up point

gray740 said:
keep an eye on the old bill lads n lassies ,if your too out of your head they will nick you and if you argue thats probably the last thing youll remember till you wake up in clinky,seriously they dont give a shit,personal experience.
Only speaking from personal experience, been to Amsterdam 9 times in the last 20 years. Always had a wicked time and not even noticed any Dutch police! you must have been in the wrong place at the wrong time or maybe your behaviour attracted their attention :)

antspider said:
Didsbury Dave said:
jrb said:
Dave.

Quick question.

What's Vondelpark like for bars/cafes, etc.

Been told it's a 15 minute tram ride or 30-40 minute walk into the centre.

Worth staying there or not?

Cheers.
if you like the look of rembrantsplein then it's very close. It's not right in the heart of the city but it's pleasant and close enough. You're not short of bars anywhere in Amsterdam to be honest. I'd prefer to be more central, and I am, but it's fine.
hi stayed in a hostel in vondlepark last year. bit far out (wrong phrase considering :) ) from all the interesting bits really . i would try to get somewhere closer to dam square or liedesplien if i were you .... hope this is helpful

vondelpark is not far. its next to leidsplien. couple nice trendy bars inside the park. surrounding the park there are many bars. but leidsplien would be your best bet for bars/clubs.

as for hostels/hotels. its not necassary that you find accommodation near dam sq. everyplace is commutable.

checkout hotel slotania

mancitymick said:
Anne Franks house
if you think you are any good at hide and seek she will give you a run for your money. Ive been there twice,waited 2 days for her to nip out for a kebab or something! no show tho. she's good

how far is it from dam square to the ground?? cant wait for this.....CITY IN AMSTERDAM - absolute dream come true.

texas pete said:
southstand117 said:
Do you just buy spiffs from the shops? Can't wait for this now.

Coffee shops sell them pre rolled. Watch what you are doing though. I had aout 3 drags and a bit of cake and was out of it.

I can see this away end being half full !

either that or you will see them all fast asleep!!!

Sorry, I was mixing up my square in my earlier posts. Rembrantspein is the biggest one, closest to the centre and surrounded by bars and restaurants. Leidseplein is the one closest to Vondelpark, further away from the centre. Personally I like Leidseplein. It's more compact and has a netwrok of atmospheric streets full of restaurants.

I went over there with England for the Euros and those two squares were full of the Dutch fans and the English were congregating in the Red Light District. I suspect it will be similar this time.

It's a few years since I've been to Amsterdam but Leidesplein is definately a buzzing place - loads of seats in the square to hang out and trams every few minutes down to the Damrak & Dam Sq. You'll find beers cheaper in Leidesplein too, everything by the central Stn up the Damrak to Dam Sq is well ramped up pricewise

Bulldog, both of them, are pretty shit to be honest.

I went in July with 32 Irish blokes on a Stag Do, spent a lot of time in Durty Nellys (Irish bar, not some battered hooker) and O'Donnells, think it was €4.50 a pint, as there was so many of us we asked if they would do it at €3.50 a pint if we made sure we stayed for 2-3 hours, which they did, so that may be worth a try.

The beer in Hooters is shit, gives you gut rot within minutes.

Some of the fittest girls I have ever seen were available at €45, gotta wait till later in the night tho, some fucking minging girls out during the day.

Timmmmahhhh said:
Bulldog, both of them, are pretty shit to be honest.

I went in July with 32 Irish blokes on a Stag Do, spent a lot of time in Durty Nellys (Irish bar, not some battered hooker) and O'Donnells, think it was €4.50 a pint, as there was so many of us we asked if they would do it at €3.50 a pint if we made sure we stayed for 2-3 hours, which they did, so that may be worth a try.

The beer in Hooters is shit, gives you gut rot within minutes.

Some of the fittest girls I have ever seen were available at €45, gotta wait till later in the night tho, some fucking minging girls out during the day.
32 Irish blokes went over to one of europes most cosmopolitan cities and drank in Irish bars for the weekend?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.