Amsterdam police are a disgrace

cleavers said:
Eccles Blue said:
So what I am basically saying is that their 'instruction' to arrive early was of no use whatsoever!
It was. because had you arrived at 8:15, you'd have been caught up in much worse from what I've heard.

They can only give out advice, they can't make people heed it. The email also suggested that City fans congregate in Dam square, but that was never likely to happen given the other "attractions" a couple of streets (canals) away.

As I said I was only passing on how we were treated by the police, and like Why Always Ste, it was positive, but I avoided the obvious pinch points.
we had no trouble in the dam whatsoever, and that's because we could see what was going on and went somewhere quieter to drink
but it was impossible to avoid the pinch point of actually trying to get in the game, and that's where my issue lies
no steward or police would point us in the right direction of the away end and then when we did get there, a full fifty minutes before kick off, we were crushed, shouted at and subjected to a too personal and degrading search (my wife did)
that was far from necessary
it doesn't take much to work out that 2600 fans in four turnstiles is 650 people per turnstile
even if a fan went in at every 10s that would take one hour and forty eight minutes
it's logic like this that caused the crush outside the Leppings Lane end, we don't seem to have moved on far do we?
there were no stewards outside, or police, to ensure the safe entry of the fans who just pushed more and more the closer we got to the turnstile, which ended up with my wife being crushed against a low barrier and being split up from me

whatever any one says it was a shameful way to treat their 'visitors'

Pigeonho said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
What was with the MUFC flag in the lower corner, fucking faggots.
In response to Blues' walking round with a Feyenoord top?
yeah, I'm sure they ran from Dam Sqaure to the MUFC shop in the red light district, bought themselves a new flag, and hurried down to the stadium to buy a ticket, get in early and unfurl the flag

quite right

squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:
CITY FOR LIFE said:
What was with the MUFC flag in the lower corner, fucking faggots.
yeah, I'm sure they ran from Dam Sqaure to the MUFC shop in the red light district, bought themselves a new flag, and hurried down to the stadium to buy a ticket, get in early and unfurl the flag

quite right
Was being flippant. As one poster said in the Amsterdam thread, that Feyenoord top was classed as 'banter', a bit of a stupid thing to do really, as is opposition fans unfurling a United banner when playing City. They probably regarded as banter too though, but as I say, a bit stupid really.

Pigeonho said:
squirtyflower said:
Pigeonho said:

quite right
Was being flippant.
as was i

it doesn't take much to work out that 2600 fans in four turnstiles is 650 people per turnstile
even if a fan went in at every 10s that would take one hour and forty eight minutes

Exactly. It doesn't matter how early we turned up the fact is that the arrangements for getting in the ground were just shit.

We were on the bridge, all banter, there were a few things thrown from both sides ,the police panicked and rushed in. I dont think there was bad feeling with the Ajax fans, as if there was they would have attacked the City fans on that side of the bridge.
After being moved on we went in a bar around the corner and there must have been at least 100 fans mixed outside, singing songs from both clubs.
This continued for about an hour and was absolutley brilliant.
Then about 10 of their "boys" arrived, we know this as the Ajax fans told us.
They told me that if they want to front us that they would be with us as they didnt want trouble.
It seems that these "boys" arrived on police authority as 5 minutes later the horses arrived wielding batons and forcing us away from the bar.
We all ended in a bar next to the station and we were once again with the Ajax fans from the bar and we agreed that the police tried to instigate the situation.
When we arrived at the ground it was mayhem as already mentioned.
At £65 per ticket its a disgrace that I missed the first ten minutes after arriving 45 minutes before kick off.
Amsterdam is a great City, we were in the mix all day, singing and drinking and never felt threatened by the local fans.
The police are a disgrace and the Ajax club organisation was also a disgrace.
Ask me if I would go back if we played them again, YES, YES, YES, Great City.

mcfcliam said:
Ajax fans are the most disgusting set of sub human filth I have ever come across.

Fucking hell, your a funny little creature aren't you. Most sweeping generalization award goes to...

I take it you got battered every half and hour whilst in Dam, the walk to the stadium you got showered with bricks and bombs, then you get legged all night.

I drank for 2 days in over 10 different bars across the City, I drank outside the ground in some bar, I sat in their end (without hiding my allegiances).

On the other hand, I didn't feel the need to drape my flag over a bridge, hang around in a huge gang, i generally act like i've never been out of Manchester before.

The game was always going to have huge potential, faces from the past would be out in force, the F-Side are always going to consider games vs English teams as a chance for a ruck. But if the worst of the "violence" were the posturing bridge throwers, then i would say the game went off as a success

Seriously give yer head a check if you think the 40000 odd fans in there were disgusting sub humans...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.