Amsterdam police are a disgrace

I have nothing but thanks for the the Amsterdam policeman who politely explained to me after the match that I was walking in completely the wrong direction to where the coaches were parked.

The Sailor was clearly an accident waiting to happen. I walked by and stopped for a pint in the early afternoon when the banter was very friendly, but it was obviously a potential flashpoint. It was also very clear that if trouble flared in such a cramped area that getting things back under control would be very difficult for the police.

blueballoon said:
mcfcliam said:
Ajax fans are the most disgusting set of sub human filth I have ever come across.

Fucking hell, your a funny little creature aren't you. Most sweeping generalization award goes to...

I take it you got battered every half and hour whilst in Dam, the walk to the stadium you got showered with bricks and bombs, then you get legged all night.

I drank for 2 days in over 10 different bars across the City, I drank outside the ground in some bar, I sat in their end (without hiding my allegiances).

On the other hand, I didn't feel the need to drape my flag over a bridge, hang around in a huge gang, i generally act like i've never been out of Manchester before.

The game was always going to have huge potential, faces from the past would be out in force, the F-Side are always going to consider games vs English teams as a chance for a ruck. But if the worst of the "violence" were the posturing bridge throwers, then i would say the game went off as a success

Seriously give yer head a check if you think the 40000 odd fans in there were disgusting sub humans...

I was with Liam mate when one big dickhead tried to provoke us outside a boozer on the canal futher from the Old Sailor as we trying to move away after they shut the place.The coppers were restricting were we went and wern't being helpful. It was outside a boozer full of their dickheads as within a couple of seconds they had all piled out (I imagine it was him who instigated it) and a futher stand of started. Luckilly for us the blues over the otherside on the bull dog were in no mood the let them take the piss

The big cheese head had a similar opinion of us as he relibly informed me :Your all the same you British all fucking dickheads and just wait until they come to Manchester and then we;ll find out
Ever such a polite race. Fact is is it wasn't for English they would be crouts by now.
They should be grateful

Maccblue said:
blueballoon said:
mcfcliam said:
Ajax fans are the most disgusting set of sub human filth I have ever come across.

Fucking hell, your a funny little creature aren't you. Most sweeping generalization award goes to...

I take it you got battered every half and hour whilst in Dam, the walk to the stadium you got showered with bricks and bombs, then you get legged all night.

I drank for 2 days in over 10 different bars across the City, I drank outside the ground in some bar, I sat in their end (without hiding my allegiances).

On the other hand, I didn't feel the need to drape my flag over a bridge, hang around in a huge gang, i generally act like i've never been out of Manchester before.

The game was always going to have huge potential, faces from the past would be out in force, the F-Side are always going to consider games vs English teams as a chance for a ruck. But if the worst of the "violence" were the posturing bridge throwers, then i would say the game went off as a success

Seriously give yer head a check if you think the 40000 odd fans in there were disgusting sub humans...

I was with Liam mate when one big dickhead tried to provoke us outside a boozer on the canal futher from the Old Sailor as we trying to move away after they shut the place.The coppers were restricting were we went and wern't being helpful. It was outside a boozer full of their dickheads as within a couple of seconds they had all piled out (I imagine it was him who instigated it) and a futher stand of started. Luckilly for us the blues over the otherside on the bull dog were in no mood the let them take the piss

The big cheese head had a similar opinion of us as he relibly informed me :Your all the same you British all fucking dickheads and just wait until they come to Manchester and then we;ll find out
Ever such a polite race. Fact is is it wasn't for English they would be crouts by now.
They should be grateful
What a narrow minded pillock you are

mcfcliam said:

Absolute bollox
A few of them come over to City games 2/3 times a season and stay at mine.
Top bunch of lads. A couple of which Id consider as good friends. One of them put 2 of us up on Wednesday.
One of them sorted a couple of blues tickets in their end for this game.
The same as everywhere, there are a few idiots, a load that wont start it or run when it goes, and the vast majority that hate violence.

squirtyflower said:
DannyBoy2890 said:
andyhinch said:
Had a great time no trouble and I can be a dickhead off to find the airport

Platform 15a from central station I think mate via train
About 15 mins
depends which ticket he buys, it could be platform 13

Platform 11a for about 10 minutes, then went back to 13... and then 15

simonk said:
mcfcliam said:

Absolute bollox
A few of them come over to City games 2/3 times a season and stay at mine.
Top bunch of lads. A couple of which Id consider as good friends. One of them put 2 of us up on Wednesday.
One of them sorted a couple of blues tickets in their end for this game.
The same as everywhere, there are a few idiots, a load that wont start it or run when it goes, and the vast majority that hate violence.

Couldn't agree more. I chatted to many nice Ajax fans throughout my stay. We had a good laugh, singing songs about ex-players like "Danny, Danny Blind" to the Samir Nasri tune. Another good one was "the baby's not your's, it's not Wayne Rooney's, it's Frankie De Boer's". We even had a game of football with them in Rembrandtplein after the game.

I suppose what it comes down to is individual experiences and who you are lucky/unlucky enough to bump into at any particular time. A lot of trouble is drink-related, let's not overlook that there were fans who were smashed on both sides of the canals. Many did not even make the game and a lot that did were too pissed to enjoy it and create a decent atmosphere. I've been guilty on this trip of going overboard and having too much (mainly on the Tuesday) but I won't be making the same mistake at Dortmund.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.