Amsterdam police are a disgrace

i was in or around the old sailor most of tuesday and wednesday. i didnt feel threatend or in any danger and i was on the cakes. i walked out of the kebab shop next door just as the police charged, i ended up on my own away from any fans as i thought it would be safer alone, remember i was pissed and on the cakes so logic wasnt working

it turned out to be the best thing ever. i got the train with the ajax fans, i had a booze out side the ground i then had to ask the ajax boys where the away fans went and they pointed me in the right direction.

i love amsterdam and i love the dutch........im not sure what they made of me though......im still paranoid!!

Maccblue said:
blueballoon said:
mcfcliam said:
Ajax fans are the most disgusting set of sub human filth I have ever come across.

Fucking hell, your a funny little creature aren't you. Most sweeping generalization award goes to...

I take it you got battered every half and hour whilst in Dam, the walk to the stadium you got showered with bricks and bombs, then you get legged all night.

I drank for 2 days in over 10 different bars across the City, I drank outside the ground in some bar, I sat in their end (without hiding my allegiances).

On the other hand, I didn't feel the need to drape my flag over a bridge, hang around in a huge gang, i generally act like i've never been out of Manchester before.

The game was always going to have huge potential, faces from the past would be out in force, the F-Side are always going to consider games vs English teams as a chance for a ruck. But if the worst of the "violence" were the posturing bridge throwers, then i would say the game went off as a success

Seriously give yer head a check if you think the 40000 odd fans in there were disgusting sub humans...

I was with Liam mate when one big dickhead tried to provoke us outside a boozer on the canal futher from the Old Sailor as we trying to move away after they shut the place.The coppers were restricting were we went and wern't being helpful. It was outside a boozer full of their dickheads as within a couple of seconds they had all piled out (I imagine it was him who instigated it) and a futher stand of started. Luckilly for us the blues over the otherside on the bull dog were in no mood the let them take the piss

The big cheese head had a similar opinion of us as he relibly informed me :Your all the same you British all fucking dickheads and just wait until they come to Manchester and then we;ll find out
Ever such a polite race. Fact is is it wasn't for English they would be crouts by now.
They should be grateful

Someone from Macclesfield knocking the Dutch, and you build your opinion on a nation after meeting some big probably pissed football fan.

Cheese head? Was he from Green Bay?

Branding the police, then their fans and now the 'race' all based on a few hours build up to a football match is the kind of lazy generalisation we often accuse others of and we want to be careful where we're going.
I hate seeing groups of people being tarred with the same brush due to the acts of a minority and would argue, as no doubt most of us would, if this was being said about City fans, English football fans, the English race and yes even the English Police.
There was always going to be some trouble around that area and as the day wore on more and more of ingredients were added to the mix. A few of us sensed this and moved to other bars so it was no surprise when it did happen.
Over the weekend and no doubt when I go back to work I'll be arguing with people accusing City/football fans of being hooligans because they've seen '25 arrests' in the papers or on SSN. Let us not fall into the generalisation trap ourselves.
In the grand scheme of things it wasn't a return to the bad old days and the majority of City fans had a great time.
I will agree that the set up going into the away end was a joke though and needs addressing to City or someone with power to sort it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.