Amsterdam police are a disgrace

nij said:
I was there and am just recovering from a very knackering trip back in Spain - You could tell it was going to kick off near the old sailor so we left - it was the same on thursday the City fans were gathered there again for one reason only - I heard from there own mouths - guys in the ground when we were kept in for 40 mins could talk of nothing else but getting back to the sailor or the bulldog where it kicked off - these guys are a minority but they exist not all city fans are level headed saints and I saw quite a few over the last few days who were hell bent on trouble - I overheard two "city" on the metro last night argueing about who stood their ground and who did not and hes not my mate anymore he ran - why oh why get into it in the first place - when you can feel the tension rising and you know its going to kick off move - we did - BUT that does not excuse the police AGAIN wantantly battening anybody they feel like - I also know for a fact just off the main trouble there was some serious fighting by the ajax ultras and some of ours who had been in conatct by phone for over a week looking for trouble - I feel really sorry for any innocents caught up in this as I did in Madrid but again I say we have our dickheads they have theirs and it was obvious what was about to happen - you did not need to stay and let it happen - I have video of the boat going passed with the city fans having a laugh and songs being sung etc - I have none of the trouble becuase I left - not because I am a "softy" but because for me football is not about this shit - if I have offended anybody sorry but I have an opinion also - and that is I wish to watch football without all this crap and that I managed to do because I walked away - it has to be also argued though that we did not really play football on wednesday - I hope all blues are fit and well that were attacked without any reason

Great post, I don't understand the need to be looking for trouble.

blueballoon said:
mcfcliam said:
Ajax fans are the most disgusting set of sub human filth I have ever come across.

Fucking hell, your a funny little creature aren't you. Most sweeping generalization award goes to...

I take it you got battered every half and hour whilst in Dam, the walk to the stadium you got showered with bricks and bombs, then you get legged all night.

I drank for 2 days in over 10 different bars across the City, I drank outside the ground in some bar, I sat in their end (without hiding my allegiances).

On the other hand, I didn't feel the need to drape my flag over a bridge, hang around in a huge gang, i generally act like i've never been out of Manchester before.

The game was always going to have huge potential, faces from the past would be out in force, the F-Side are always going to consider games vs English teams as a chance for a ruck. But if the worst of the "violence" were the posturing bridge throwers, then i would say the game went off as a success

Seriously give yer head a check if you think the 40000 odd fans in there were disgusting sub humans...
I don't think he gets out much.

I do find it funny that you go to a big city and one that has a set of fans that have known hooligans, insist on drinking in a huge group, in what is obviously the most notorious part of the city, then whine when it kicks off. If you didn't want trouble go and drink round the leidersplein area !!

European mentality is different to the UK, they are 10/15 years behind us in controlling hooligans.therefore generally expect a bit of trouble if you go looking for it. If you had gone to a quiet boozer and chilled you would of had nothing, and probably would of come back saying how great the Dutch are.

mekonmcfc said:
I do find it funny that you go to a big city and one that has a set of fans that have known hooligans, insist on drinking in a huge group, in what is obviously the most notorious part of the city, then whine when it kicks off. If you didn't want trouble go and drink round the leidersplein area !!

European mentality is different to the UK, they are 10/15 years behind us in controlling hooligans.therefore generally expect a bit of trouble if you go looking for it. If you had gone to a quiet boozer and chilled you would of had nothing, and probably would of come back saying how great the Dutch are.
Correct, we went to see the Old Sailor area and it was banter but could see the atmosphere changing so the four of us moved on.
Got home told the wife and anyone else what a great time had by all Barr the result.

Maccblue said:
Ever such a polite race. Fact is is it wasn't for English they would be crouts by now.
They should be grateful

Would this be the best place to point out that if it wasn't for the Yanks, so might we?<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:10 pm --<br /><br />
Maccblue said:
Ever such a polite race. Fact is is it wasn't for English they would be crouts by now.
They should be grateful

Would this be the best place to point out that if it wasn't for the Yanks, so might we?

Think some on here have never been out of Manchester or to an away match before never mind going abroad .Many must lead a very sheltered life .some very embarising posts on here

escn5yij:iphone

law74 said:
Maccblue said:
They should be grateful

Would this be the best place to point out that if it wasn't for the Yanks, so might we?

-- Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:10 pm --

Maccblue said:
They should be grateful

Don't let Skashion and SWP's Back see this.....

Wretched Vengeance said:
law74 said:
Maccblue said:
They should be grateful

Maccblue said:
They should be grateful

<br /><br />-- Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:55 pm --<br /><br />
Wretched Vengeance said:
law74 said:
Maccblue said:
They should be grateful

Maccblue said:
They should be grateful

Did they save us or did we save them? A question worth asking

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.