An apology - P12 British tourist dies after being struck by helicopter rotor blades

Having worked around and flown in numerous helicopter types (large and small) I appreciate how disorienting it can be when you are within the danger zones.

One of two things has happened here; Either the lad had not been suitably briefed/supervised prior to exiting the helicopter, or he ignored instructions.

fast spinning blades are pretty invisible, we are made aware at work about them, and you really cant see them
Read this in the night, and the double whammy of the rotor blades above almost cancel out the noise of the back one, so it really is like it isn’t there.

For the young man who lost his life, I hope it was quick and painless.

Read this in the night, and the double whammy of the rotor blades above almost cancel out the noise of the back one, so it really is like it isn’t there.

Apparently, his parents were travelling in another helicopter, which was diverted to spare them seeing the aftermath. So, reading between the lines, it probably was instantaneous. You'd hope so, anyway.

But it is there. And surely anyone older than four years old knows how a helicopter works.

Tragic yes, but I too don't have buckets of sympathy tbh.

Yes wasn't pleasant viewing......

Back to the helicopter and I can't see how physically you can get so near to the blades and not think...."this is too close"
It's not like the blades come around once every 5 seconds and you can dodge in-between them.......
Could he have decided to take his own life?
My guess is that he was pissed and having a laugh.

At first glance; what a tragedy.

After reading the first article I saw, I had little sympathy.

After reading that he was killed whilst allegedly trying to take a selfie my sympathy levels plummeted even further.

Obviously a waste of a life and he will be missed by loved ones but is this Darwinism in all it's glory?
What a cuntish attitude

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.