An open letter to Garry Cook......

Soulboy said:
Grand Master Ram Rod said:
I rarely hear anyone wanting Hughes out at games, the fact the majority were singing "Hughesy give us a wave" also backs my point. I'm not saying everyone there, but the majority were backing Hughes and even some that wern't still think it's a disgrace how the whole situation has been handled. This is the only place I've heard all the Hughes out shite tbh.

47,000 City fans could have wanted Hughes to stay.

But if the most important ONE didn't then that's all that matters.

We all celebrated being taken over by the richest financial backer in the history of football, yet now we have acres of whinging cry babies sulking because we were really, really horrid to that nice Mr Hughes.

We took the money and the price was that we left it to businessmen to run the club rather than sports outfitters, sheet music salesman, fashion gurus and bog roll manufacturers.

You're not seriously suggesting we were better off with that lot?

Be grateful for what we have because the alternative is to end up like Leeds United!

Yes mate well said. Move on hughes inner's it was going to happen get over it.

cleavers said:
Okay then, no-one I've spoke to at games, none of the people that sit near me, none of my mates that go, none of my dad's mates that go have ever said Hughes should go, and you'd expect at least one too. Like I said the only place I read it is on here and they can be any rag/wum/randomer behind the username. I'm not saying everyone was behind him, but the majority were.

It was about 50/50 there was a poll here and until we beat chelsea it was 33/66 if you include on the fence as not sure, and thats the point it was also 66/33 if you include those on the fence on his side, so about 33% didn't actually know.

The bottom line is he's gone, because the owner who put his money where his mouth is decreed it, so if we support the club we should move on.

2 wins in the last 11 games, 14 points out of 33 possible, 9 goals conceded in the last 3 games, and 4 wins in 26 away games, points to why that decision was made, not one of those FACTS points to top 6 (or 4).
That's what I'm saying though, it's as if this forum is totally different to the real world as you just don't hear as much shit.

And considering we are 6th with a game in hand then those facts do point to that.

cleavers said:
It was about 50/50 there was a poll here and until we beat chelsea it was 33/66 if you include on the fence as not sure, and thats the point it was also 66/33 if you include those on the fence on his side, so about 33% didn't actually know.

The bottom line is he's gone, because the owner who put his money where his mouth is decreed it, so if we support the club we should move on.

2 wins in the last 11 games, 14 points out of 33 possible, 9 goals conceded in the last 3 games, and 4 wins in 26 away games, points to why that decision was made, not one of those FACTS points to top 6 (or 4).
That's what I'm saying though, it's as if this forum is totally different to the real world as you just don't hear as much shit.

And considering we are 6th with a game in hand then those facts do point to that.

A genuine question for you mate... if so many fans at the ground were behind Hughes why have we never heard a song at COMS praising him? It's almost as though even those who were behind him weren't fully so.

Well done Cook (even though I don't think Cook would of had the first or final decision) for having the balls to get things done, unlike Mark who should of sacked his defence coach after the first season and saved his and the tafia's careers. Hughes has let a lot of people down for not being strong enough and getting the RIGHT people in when it was obvious that that's what it needed.

Great post mate. Our club is a fucking joke.

Finally making progress after years of mediocrity & we boot the man out.

Watch Mancini do even worse than Hughes now.

Cheesy said:

A genuine question for you mate... if so many fans at the ground were behind Hughes why have we never heard a song at COMS praising him? It's almost as though even those who were behind him weren't fully so.
Don't know, your guess is as good as mine, maybe his name is just shit for songs ha ha, I have heard the give us a wave song a bit but don't know.

I might be wrong then and there might be more than I thought, but it's just I've never spoke to anyone who's wanted him out and I like to think I speak to my fair share of blues. I know some people who wanted him out on here will obviously go and will actually support City but I take a lot off here with a pinch of salt as a lot of the time I read stuff, laugh at how ridiculous it is and rarely hear it again away from the internet.

FFS, how many season have we sat here at this time of year thinking, shit, relegation battle already- so we have more draws than wins, less losses THAN ANY OTHER PREM TEAM- this has been one of our best starts in YEARS- we are doing better than anticipated and thought it would be a fight to hit top 6- game in hand and 3 wins on the bounce and we are really somewhere- Hughes going BIG mistake- unsettled squad with a manager who doesn't know Prem football.

Anyway, I've emailed Danny Wilson with the comments here so we shall see what transpires

I have been a City fan since I was too young to talk, back when I wore my City babygrow with pride and I agree with your letter.

At the end of the day though it is up to the owners. If it was up to me I would have given him a chance to build up the defence in the transfer window and then see how it went. He did seem to be making progress with the win against Chelsea and the win against Sunderland but there is also the loss to Spurs to think about. Our defence does seem very fragile at the moment which is obvious from how teams like Fulham and Sunderland managed to get level with us despite us being two goals ahead. I was in the pub on Wednesday watching the match, obviously everyone was disappointed and annoyed but I honestly heard no "Hughes out" chants or discussions, the first thing I heard when the whistle blew was a chant of Blue Moon.

I think Hughes was making progress and if he was still here for January I could have seen him building up the defence. I liked how Hughes never got too involved in the rants between managers too, he had the odd word but he never really embarrassed us the way Bacon Face embarrasses the rags with his outbursts. I thought it was harsh the way in which he was sacked and was quite annoyed by it and I really do hope he has the best of luck in the future, I really thought he was doing okay and slowly but surely building a good squad and I think he did us proud.

That being said I disagree with the comments I have been hearing of "I'm ashamed to be a blue" and so on. I will never be ashamed that I am a blue and I don't think fans should say that, maybe what they mean to say is I am ashamed of our owners or or owner's actions. I think the best thing we can do now is thank Hughes, wish him the best of luck and get behind our team. I just really hope none of our squad is effected by this after hearing about certain players being outraged and annoyed by the decision.

What would the opinion be on here if Hughes had been sacked in the traditional way?

The dreaded 'vote of confidence' from the chairman?

I was pissed off last night at the manner of Hughes' departure, but there is no pleasant way of sacking anybody, really.

Anyway, Mancini is our new manager. If he can sort the defence out, then watch this team fly.

As for Hughes, he has'nt hurt the club and having read his statement, he is not happy, but I'm sure the multi million pound cheque heading his way will compensate.

The King is dead. Long live the King.

Let me preface this by saying that I was one of the fans who wanted Hughes to stay, though I wasn't entirely surprised or that disappointed to see him go either.

I'm so surprised by the reaction of many of our fans to the recent action by the club. In my view to have a new manager ready to name at the same time as the dismissal is absolutely the right way to go about it. The alternative is far worse for Manchester City and includes a busy Christmas period with endless speculation about who might come in and what the players think about the situation. Not to mention the fact that Mancini now has a couple more games to understand exactly what he needs to bring in in January and that without a permanent gaffer in place we'd be like a ship without a captain. Surely nobody would have wanted that kind of circus for the next couple of weeks?

I do feel for Hughes and like to think that sooner or later he would've gotten it right, but there were certainly no guarantees. What I have been saying all year is that I wouldn't gauge our success this year on whether we finished top four, won a trophy or got a huge points tally... I just wanted to see genuine improvement. I honestly don't feel like I did. I think we've had one game (two if you include Arsenal in the cup) all year where we have looked like a class outfit (Chelsea win). Even with lesser players and lesser managers in the past, by this time of the season we'd have at least managed two or three games where we'd have dominated teams. And considering the cash we've spent I'm amazed that anyone can be surprised that Hughes got the boot.

The pundits will spout lip service about the 'state of football' and 'success being demanded instantly' and all the other cliches because they're expected to but we, the fans, have been privvy to every game - we've seen that on the field we simply haven't been good enough and that's why I'm so surprised to hear things like 'shamed to be a blue'. I'm certainly not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.