And he goes by the name of Alvarez...good luck Julian!

Good luck to the lad.
A shame he's leaving us so soon, but i couldn't really see him playing as much this season if players stay fit.

We will miss him, quality player that many didnt apprecaite as much as they should. No issue with letting him go if he wanted to leave to be the main man somewhere else but got issues with how its happened.

Don't like the fact this wasn't done much earlier, feel like city should have said, you do this before playing in the copa/olympics or you wait until next summer as It's left us in a hole now in the week leading upto the season starting. He's got what he wants, Atleti have their man and we're left with a problem.

We absolutely need a replacement in a market where there's a dearth of quality strikers and I'm not entirely confident we will get what we need.

Also feel like we've let him go way too cheaply. This is a market where solanke has just gone for £65 million. Hojlund went for £72 million last summer and were getting a lower fee than those initially and potentially a fraction more. He's young, was tied to a long contract and in high demand, we should easily have been banking north of £100 million for him, anybody else selling him this summer gets that.

Good luck to him, hopefully simeone doesnt turn him into a complete raging twat. We move on, I'm hoping for a busy week for txiki now.

A tremendous player and will be a City legend for ever for his contribution to the treble and 4 in a row. Seems like a really nice bloke as well which can be hard to find these days. Good luck lad!
The word legend is banded about far too easily in football. Had he stayed for around 10 years like Kompany Aguero Silva and De Bruyne he would be revered as a club legend, and rightly so. But him wanting to leave after 2 seasons leaves him nowhere near a club legend IMO. I was happy when he extended his contract but feel it's a bit like a kick in the teeth that he wanted out after only 2 seasons. I'm not bothered what he does in the future tbh. I bet one day he'll come to his senses and rue the day he walked out of our door.

Very good business by City. Seems like a great lad and definitely has had a knack of being at right the team at the right time this last few years. Good luck to him, but we can also do better.

I`m sure you must know we never stand in any players way should they want to leave, as long as we get a decent return on the sale and we are happy with the repayments.
We move on,as we always do.
We seem to say this every year ... yet we keep on winning without these players.
Agree Oakie but we have persuaded players to stay who wanted to leave if it's best for the club. I just thinking we've left ourselves light upfront going into a very long season.

Shame to see him go. Scored some great goals but with all those medals in his cabinet he deserves to be a main man starting somewhere every game. All the best, just not against us.

At least we now have a free pass for any spending in the future and can just quote it's the Alvarez money. Have we won the net spend trophy again too?

The word legend is banded about far too easily in football. Had he stayed for around 10 years like Kompany Aguero Silva and De Bruyne he would be revered as a club legend, and rightly so. But him wanting to leave after 2 seasons leaves him nowhere near a club legend IMO. I was happy when he extended his contract but feel it's a bit like a kick in the teeth that he wanted out after only 2 seasons. I'm not bothered what he does in the future tbh. I bet one day he'll come to his senses and rue the day he walked out of our door.
25 years ago the Goat and Dickov became club legends for me. They didn't stay a long time but engraved themselves in our DNA. Anyone who contributed to what we have done in the last few years is right up there with them.

25 years ago the Goat and Dickov became club legends for me. They didn't stay a long time but engraved themselves in our DNA. Anyone who contributed to what we have done in the last few years is right up there with them.
I agree about Goater and Dickov, they were. But I'll never think that of Alvarez.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.