And he goes by the name of Alvarez...good luck Julian!

I felt some of our worst performances last season were when we tried to shoehorn Alvarez and Haaland in the team together…..great as a back up striker but not quite technically good enough to play in the number 10 position.

His first touch and ball retention are behind the majority of his former team mates.

Bobb, potentially has a far higher ceiling.

Great business from all sides and I wish him luck.

Last edited:
can see him make another big move which can repay all and more to Atletico in 2-3 years as long as he becomes the elite striker he wants to be as main man.

any report of any sell on fee?

I’m always sorry to see good players leave but there’s no denying this was an excellent bit of business by the Club.

Not to phased by this as per other posters felt we performed worse with him in the team .

Of all our recent players never really took to him

Perfect for them tho as never stops running and will be the main man

The word legend is banded about far too easily in football. Had he stayed for around 10 years like Kompany Aguero Silva and De Bruyne he would be revered as a club legend, and rightly so. But him wanting to leave after 2 seasons leaves him nowhere near a club legend IMO. I was happy when he extended his contract but feel it's a bit like a kick in the teeth that he wanted out after only 2 seasons. I'm not bothered what he does in the future tbh. I bet one day he'll come to his senses and rue the day he walked out of our door.
Agreed. It’s like calling Danny Tiatto a club legend.

If push comes to shove, and we don’t sign another striker, I’m sure I read/heard that Oscar can play centrally.

Or, if necessary, play with a false nine, as we did the season before Erling arrived. It didn’t do us any harm then, and I’m sure it would work again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.