And so it begins...

so tolm, juve still owe us £10m? and we value nasty at £15m? can we not wipe the £10m and offer £10m and nastastic for vidal?

richards30 said:
so tolm, juve still owe us £10m? and we value nasty at £15m? can we not wipe the £10m and offer £10m and nastastic for vidal?
No, he said they owe us next to nothing.

Tricky_Trev said:
richards30 said:
No, he said they owe us next to nothing.

:-( will be fucking pissed off if we miss out on vidal or pogba!

Juve paid £10m for Tevez and will owe us a small amount of that. Like Tolmie said, it'll be peanuts what they owe us, a small installment or two. We probably owe other clubs similar payments.

For all this talk of another big new signing there are still no clear signs that any of the names on peoples' "for sale" lists are anywhere close to the exit. Micah was offered to Newcastle twice and they preferred Janmaat.

richards30 said:
They don't owe us £10m, that would mean we effectively gave them Tevez on a free.

The majority of his fee would be paid off I imagine; with their success and his appearances/goals.

LoveCity said:
Juve paid £10m for Tevez and will owe us a small amount of that. Like Tolmie said, it'll be peanuts what they owe us, a small installment or two. We probably owe other clubs similar payments.

For all this talk of another big new signing there are still no clear signs that any of the names on peoples' "for sale" lists are anywhere close to the exit. Micah was offered to Newcastle twice and they preferred Janmaat.

Am i right in thinking they paid £5m for Janmaat?

He looked 'useful' at the WC, not great ability but put a good shift in and got up and down the right hand side

Can fully understand why they would have rather signed him than Micah tbh

Our 'deadwood' is exactly what they are, deadwood. Can't see there being many suitors for Micah, Rodwell, Garcia and Guidetti and even if they do go, I can't see us bringing much money in for them. Our only asset this transfer window, who could bring in a half decent figure, is Milner.

This is confusing. On one hand it seems like Barkley is a go, on the other hand if we get him we probably don't get Pogba/Vidal. TH seemed very excited on that Everton clue so something big must have happened in regards to Barkley.

chris85mcfc said:
LoveCity said:

Am i right in thinking they paid £5m for Janmaat?

He looked 'useful' at the WC, not great ability but put a good shift in and got up and down the right hand side

Can fully understand why they would have rather signed him than Micah tbh

Our 'deadwood' is exactly what they are, deadwood. Can't see there being many suitors for Micah, Rodwell, Garcia and Guidetti and even if they do go, I can't see us bringing much money in for them. Our only asset this transfer window, who could bring in a half decent figure, is Milner.
Actually out of those I think there would be decent interest in Rodwell due to potential and Garcia's turn of form in the last half would give his status a boost. Unfortunately for Richards and Guidetti, their lack of form/injuries create a problem.

kupest said:
This is confusing. On one hand it seems like Barkley is a go, on the other hand if we get him we probably don't get Pogba/Vidal. TH seemed very excited on that Everton clue so something big must have happened in regards to Barkley.
I believe he originally hinted at Barkley and one other. Admittedly, I have no idea who that "one other" could be.

LoveCity said:

That is the real concern, Garcia doesn't have many suitors only Napoli who seem further along with Lucas, Rodwell does but you can imagine a medical might be tricky, Micah I can see loaned to Italy as he has few options. Nastasic will be sought after but unfortunately by Italian clubs all keen to try before they buy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.