And so it begins...

taconinja said:
kupest said:
This is confusing. On one hand it seems like Barkley is a go, on the other hand if we get him we probably don't get Pogba/Vidal. TH seemed very excited on that Everton clue so something big must have happened in regards to Barkley.
I believe he originally hinted at Barkley and one other. Admittedly, I have no idea who that "one other" could be.

tolm said deffo one.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Is anyone else as concerned as me that all this talk about Barkley might end in Martinez making a public statement about how we lack "class" ?
I've only really seen chat on here and a bit in the MEN. Nothing from the club and hardly a mention in the national media. So not really concerned.

Is anyone else as concerned as me that all this talk about Barkley might end in Martinez making a public statement about how we lack "class" ?

Yup, I'm with you CBM mate, always comes across as a bitter, twisted bog-eyed twat that Martinez hasn't he, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.

blueparrot said:
I've only really seen chat on here and a bit in the MEN. Nothing from the club and hardly a mention in the national media. So not really concerned.
So you think Martinez will be making a public statement about how BlueMoon lacks "class"?

karen7 said:
supercity88 said:
Everyone is forgetting two other players we have who are possibly up for sale. One being Negredo - £15-20m (wants to leave) the other being Jimmy £15m who also may wish to leave. The club will have to decide what to do on the others. Rodwell will get around the £10m mark, most clubs will feel he can make a contribution, he hasn't been injured in a while now, he just hasn't played and if he passes a medical another club may feel he is worth a punt.

Promoted teams who have some cash to splash may feel he is worthwhile, Garcia as well looked very solid and comfortable on the ball at the end of the season, foreign clubs would probably offer £10m for him. We are in a position whereby we could sell a lot of players to bring in 2 big names.

I think the Juve stuff is Tolmie expressing his wishes in terms of the clubs transfer dealings. Barkley seems more realistic with our need for English players. We need to change the clubs identity to supporting homegrown talents rather than stifling it - as is the mass opinion because of Johnson, Rodwell, Richards, Milner etc (poorly educated opinion I would add).

I am not too concerned about us adding Vidal or Pogba, if we keep Yaya then we will be fine for a couple of seasons and those two have one recently emerged as top players... there will be others. With Fernando and Fernandinho, and indeed Zuchulini we have a mix of youth and experience, and a lot of dynamism in that midfield that a Barkley or creative player will thrive on.

Negredo does not want to leave,see OS twitter question film

But he isn't just going to come out and say to a fan that he wants to leave, is he!

Dirty Harry said:

Yup, I'm with you CBM mate, always comes across as a bitter, twisted bog-eyed twat that Martinez hasn't he, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest.
He's "cut from the same cloth" as Van Gaal imo.

Bluewonder said:
karen7 said:
supercity88 said:
Everyone is forgetting two other players we have who are possibly up for sale. One being Negredo - £15-20m (wants to leave) the other being Jimmy £15m who also may wish to leave. The club will have to decide what to do on the others. Rodwell will get around the £10m mark, most clubs will feel he can make a contribution, he hasn't been injured in a while now, he just hasn't played and if he passes a medical another club may feel he is worth a punt.

Promoted teams who have some cash to splash may feel he is worthwhile, Garcia as well looked very solid and comfortable on the ball at the end of the season, foreign clubs would probably offer £10m for him. We are in a position whereby we could sell a lot of players to bring in 2 big names.

I think the Juve stuff is Tolmie expressing his wishes in terms of the clubs transfer dealings. Barkley seems more realistic with our need for English players. We need to change the clubs identity to supporting homegrown talents rather than stifling it - as is the mass opinion because of Johnson, Rodwell, Richards, Milner etc (poorly educated opinion I would add).

I am not too concerned about us adding Vidal or Pogba, if we keep Yaya then we will be fine for a couple of seasons and those two have one recently emerged as top players... there will be others. With Fernando and Fernandinho, and indeed Zuchulini we have a mix of youth and experience, and a lot of dynamism in that midfield that a Barkley or creative player will thrive on.

But he isn't just going to come out and say to a fan that he wants to leave, is he!

So he looked down the camera and said he is very happy and is not leaving despite the chatter he has heard about it? So are you saying he is lying? The club chooses the twitter questions so they are putting the rumours to bed in a nice subtle way

karen7 said:
Bluewonder said:
karen7 said:

So he looked down the camera and said he is very happy and is not leaving despite the chatter he has heard about it? So are you saying he is lying? The club chooses the twitter questions so they are putting the rumours to bed in a nice subtle way

Whether Negredo wants to go or not, he could still be a player the club chooses to sell in order to help fund a target or two?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.