And so it begins...

taconinja said:
chris85mcfc said:
LoveCity said:
Juve paid £10m for Tevez and will owe us a small amount of that. Like Tolmie said, it'll be peanuts what they owe us, a small installment or two. We probably owe other clubs similar payments.

For all this talk of another big new signing there are still no clear signs that any of the names on peoples' "for sale" lists are anywhere close to the exit. Micah was offered to Newcastle twice and they preferred Janmaat.

Am i right in thinking they paid £5m for Janmaat?

He looked 'useful' at the WC, not great ability but put a good shift in and got up and down the right hand side

Can fully understand why they would have rather signed him than Micah tbh

Our 'deadwood' is exactly what they are, deadwood. Can't see there being many suitors for Micah, Rodwell, Garcia and Guidetti and even if they do go, I can't see us bringing much money in for them. Our only asset this transfer window, who could bring in a half decent figure, is Milner.
Actually out of those I think there would be decent interest in Rodwell due to potential and Garcia's turn of form in the last half would give his status a boost. Unfortunately for Richards and Guidetti, their lack of form/injuries create a problem.

The problem with Rodwell is that clubs will see him as a gamble, and if were talking a £10m gamble for the likes of Everton (and teams below) then thats quite a big gamble when they could look into Europe instead.

Garcia did have a good 2nd half of the season, but again were talking £10m maximum. Basically what im trying to say is even if we sold all 4 of them (which is highly unlikely) then we would probably only bring in about £25m realistically.

taconinja said:
chris85mcfc said:
LoveCity said:
Juve paid £10m for Tevez and will owe us a small amount of that. Like Tolmie said, it'll be peanuts what they owe us, a small installment or two. We probably owe other clubs similar payments.

For all this talk of another big new signing there are still no clear signs that any of the names on peoples' "for sale" lists are anywhere close to the exit. Micah was offered to Newcastle twice and they preferred Janmaat.

He looked 'useful' at the WC, not great ability but put a good shift in and got up and down the right hand side

Our 'deadwood' is exactly what they are, deadwood. Can't see there being many suitors for Micah, Rodwell, Garcia and Guidetti and even if they do go, I can't see us bringing much money in for them. Our only asset this transfer window, who could bring in a half decent figure, is Milner.
Actually out of those I think there would be decent interest in Rodwell due to potential and Garcia's turn of form in the last half would give his status a boost. Unfortunately for Richards and Guidetti, their lack of form/injuries create a problem.

Exactly - Richards looked like he was playing in an alternate universe as opposed to the rest of the team last year. Other guys didn't look like they trusted him enough to pass it his way.

Guidetti could not get onto the field for Stoke. Despite having competition like Jonathan Walters to "contend" with. Clueless is of course massively stupid but that only goes so far. If you can't take time away from Jonathan Walters you truly are not worth a shite.

If Juventus really are in financial bother then the only offers that they will accept for Vidal & Pogba will be the highest cash bids, no players + cash, just the biggest bid that comes in.

With our spending limitations that makes us outsiders to sign either of them IMO.

Now with Barkley, there are foundations to get a deal done. Tolm mentions that he only has 18 monthls left on his current deal. We also have experience and good will in negotiating with Everton as is evidenced by deals for Rodwell and Barry. There is a much more realistic chance of City getting him than Vidal or Pogba.

Everyone is forgetting two other players we have who are possibly up for sale. One being Negredo - £15-20m (wants to leave) the other being Jimmy £15m who also may wish to leave. The club will have to decide what to do on the others. Rodwell will get around the £10m mark, most clubs will feel he can make a contribution, he hasn't been injured in a while now, he just hasn't played and if he passes a medical another club may feel he is worth a punt.

Promoted teams who have some cash to splash may feel he is worthwhile, Garcia as well looked very solid and comfortable on the ball at the end of the season, foreign clubs would probably offer £10m for him. We are in a position whereby we could sell a lot of players to bring in 2 big names.

I think the Juve stuff is Tolmie expressing his wishes in terms of the clubs transfer dealings. Barkley seems more realistic with our need for English players. We need to change the clubs identity to supporting homegrown talents rather than stifling it - as is the mass opinion because of Johnson, Rodwell, Richards, Milner etc (poorly educated opinion I would add).

I am not too concerned about us adding Vidal or Pogba, if we keep Yaya then we will be fine for a couple of seasons and those two have one recently emerged as top players... there will be others. With Fernando and Fernandinho, and indeed Zuchulini we have a mix of youth and experience, and a lot of dynamism in that midfield that a Barkley or creative player will thrive on.

I don't get peoples flapping about other teams strengthening. Say United get Vidal, so what? They are still not as strong as us. Chelsea are going to be strong and I think Arsenal our. But we have a well balanced and strong squad that will be able to compete on all fronts. I do not think we will make the same mistakes away from home like we made early doors last season so we are really going to take some catching this season.

Would any of these players that our rivals are buying improve us? For me Pogba would not. Is Vidal miles better than Fernandinho?

We will still have the strongest forward line, we have strengthened our defence and imo we will have the strongest options in midfield.

We have had a plan this summer and made the signings that will compliment our already strong squad. Let the other teams take pot shots buying big name players without any plan. You will see that our continuity will prevail and I expect us to be too strong for our competitors.

taconinja said:
chris85mcfc said:
LoveCity said:

I think / hope Guigetti must have admirers in the Dutch league. Richard's is more of a problem but for a nominal fee someone may take a chance but his wage demands may see him sit out the last year of his contract.

supercity88 said:
Everyone is forgetting two other players we have who are possibly up for sale. One being Negredo - £15-20m (wants to leave) the other being Jimmy £15m who also may wish to leave. The club will have to decide what to do on the others. Rodwell will get around the £10m mark, most clubs will feel he can make a contribution, he hasn't been injured in a while now, he just hasn't played and if he passes a medical another club may feel he is worth a punt.

Promoted teams who have some cash to splash may feel he is worthwhile, Garcia as well looked very solid and comfortable on the ball at the end of the season, foreign clubs would probably offer £10m for him. We are in a position whereby we could sell a lot of players to bring in 2 big names.

I think the Juve stuff is Tolmie expressing his wishes in terms of the clubs transfer dealings. Barkley seems more realistic with our need for English players. We need to change the clubs identity to supporting homegrown talents rather than stifling it - as is the mass opinion because of Johnson, Rodwell, Richards, Milner etc (poorly educated opinion I would add).

I am not too concerned about us adding Vidal or Pogba, if we keep Yaya then we will be fine for a couple of seasons and those two have one recently emerged as top players... there will be others. With Fernando and Fernandinho, and indeed Zuchulini we have a mix of youth and experience, and a lot of dynamism in that midfield that a Barkley or creative player will thrive on.

Negredo does not want to leave,see OS twitter question film

ColinLee said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
birchwoodgingerste said:
loan or permanet tolm?.
also if we sell all the players you mentioned is there any chance we may have 2 homegrown coming in i.e barkley and chamberlain, or walcott

Would defo be one.

I see no reason for Walcott or Ox to want to leave Arsenal.
Is that a clue or a statement?

;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.