And so it begins...

Adebayor said:
pudge said:
Bluewonder said:
Silva's average position was in between Dzeko and the midfield four!!!!
Was it?

Because his heat map shows he played as advanced as Edin, whose heatmap also has spells in midfield (or that area of the pitch when dropping back)

We play two up front, we will not nor have we played one up top. Or at the very least, which was the point, didn't get "found out" and look vulnerable in such a system in the big games, which I wouldn't limit to the CL.

If you have access to the heat map, why don't you upload an image of it here so you can prove your point?

You have found one, haven't you?
There's a heat map of every player from every Premier League/Champions League game last season, at least, via the Daily Mail's match centre. If you wish to see them be my guest and look them up, as the pretty clear cut image I posted earlier of a very visible 442 clearly wasn't enough..

This "debate" has been had plenty of times on here about Bayern away; Does Mike Bassett have to hold a press conference before people finally accept it?

de niro said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
We should fuck FFP, totally fucken corrupt

City should assist a lower division team to challenge FFP
We provide the knowledge and the lawyers to fight our case indirectly.

Winds me up knowing the scum are going to be able to spend what they want but we have to adhere to these made up bullshit rules.

Anti-competition at its finest, corrupt bastards.

They can't compete fairly so they have to cheat, SCUM pricks

bang on the money.

We should test the water with a cheeky bid for Pogba, sart the ball rolling. We can worry about FFP at a later date after sales.

Winds me up knowing the scum are going to be able to spend what they want but we have to adhere to these made up bullshit rules.

Absolutely spot-on post. I cannot understand why we have so meekly allowed this bollocks to handicap us while the rags, Chelsea, Barca and PSG spend about £100m on top quality.

The worst so far was Chelsea getting Fabregas, he would have been ideal for us (and home-grown) and we should have been all over him. Signing players to increase squad size and address slight issues is all well and good, but we really could do with a signing to really lay down a marker of our ambition to our rivals and most importantly to seriously improve the first XI. We cannot stand still if our rivals don't, it's not like we strolled it last season. Can't believe we're not paying the best lawyers what it takes to find a loophole in this fucking wank FFP bullshit and hanging Platini out to dry.

pudge said:
Adebayor said:
pudge said:
Was it?

Because his heat map shows he played as advanced as Edin, whose heatmap also has spells in midfield (or that area of the pitch when dropping back)

We play two up front, we will not nor have we played one up top. Or at the very least, which was the point, didn't get "found out" and look vulnerable in such a system in the big games, which I wouldn't limit to the CL.

If you have access to the heat map, why don't you upload an image of it here so you can prove your point?

There's a heat map of every player from every Premier League/Champions League game last season, at least, via the Daily Mail's match centre. If you wish to see them be my guest and look them up, as the pretty clear cut image I posted earlier of a very visible 442 clearly wasn't enough..

This "debate" has been had plenty of times on here about Bayern away; Does Mike Bassett have to hold a press conference before people finally accept it?

I'm not even disagreeing with you, we did play 442 as far as i can remember. It just annoys me when people talk about articles etc, or in this case 'heat maps' and don't post them up, what's the point in saying it? Just post it up and prove your point.

yellamcfc said:
de niro said:

bang on the money.

We should test the water with a cheeky bid for Pogba, sart the ball rolling. We can worry about FFP at a later date after sales.

Why would we even attempt that? Pogba is not going to strengthen our squad for the upcoming season. Whos place is he going to take?

The majority of us if asked at the end of last season what would have been required for the up coming season would have said a back up for Zabba, a Back up for Joe, a mobile defensive midfielder and a quality cb. If we get Mangala then we have done the lot without breaching ffp. Why on earth would we risk jeopardising all that and then end up with stiffer sanctions next season?

Lets get rid of the dead wood and then see where we stand.

Nightmare Walking said:
yellamcfc said:
de niro said:
bang on the money.

Why would we even attempt that? Pogba is not going to strengthen our squad for the upcoming season. Whos place is he going to take?

The majority of us if asked at the end of last season what would have been required for the up coming season would have said a back up for Zabba, a Back up for Joe, a mobile defensive midfielder and a quality cb. If we get Mangala then we have done the lot without breaching ffp. Why on earth would we risk jeopardising all that and then end up with stiffer sanctions next season?

The opportunity would surely have gone by then, to acquire possibly one of the brightest midfield talents around for years to come.
There is still no definite conclusion to how the Yaya situation is going to turn out, so if the chance is there to snarl the best replacement for the foreseeable future, we should grab it with both hands.

Adebayor said:
pudge said:
Adebayor said:

I'm not even disagreeing with you, we did play 442 as far as i can remember. It just annoys me when people talk about articles etc, or in this case 'heat maps' and don't post them up, what's the point in saying it? Just post it up and prove your point.

If you get annoyed that easily, this probably isn't the place for you.

It wasn't long ago I'd cast envious glances at the way United were doing business, a couple in a couple out. Doing great business in the transfer window is no guarantee of success. Spurs got an incredible sum for Bale and the popular belief at the start of last season was they'd reinvested well. Rome wasn't built in a day.

yellamcfc said:
Nightmare Walking said:
yellamcfc said:

The opportunity would surely have gone by then, to acquire possibly one of the brightest midfield talents around for years to come.
There is still no definite conclusion to how the Yaya situation is going to turn out, so if the chance is there to snarl the best replacement for the foreseeable future, we should grab it with both hands.

Not if it is going to set us back years due to stiffer sanctions going forward. Yes we may miss out on Pogba but there will be another flava of the month next year and the year after. We have to sit tight and play the game this close season. Our squad is good enough to compete this upcoming season. Lets keep Uefa of our back and give them nothing to complain about.

From what I have seen Pogba is not good enough to risk Uefa coming down on us like a ton of bricks.

Jack Wills said:

Absolutely spot-on post. I cannot understand why we have so meekly allowed this bollocks to handicap us while the rags, Chelsea, Barca and PSG spend about £100m on top quality.

The worst so far was Chelsea getting Fabregas, he would have been ideal for us (and home-grown) and we should have been all over him. Signing players to increase squad size and address slight issues is all well and good, but we really could do with a signing to really lay down a marker of our ambition to our rivals and most importantly to seriously improve the first XI. We cannot stand still if our rivals don't, it's not like we strolled it last season. Can't believe we're not paying the best lawyers what it takes to find a loophole in this fucking wank FFP bullshit and hanging Platini out to dry.

We've allowed it because our owners have taken advise looked at the situation and decided that's what's best for the club. I'm inclined to think they know best going onon their past record.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.