And so it begins...

richards30 said:
I think most of us just love a big name signing? no one is disputing that we have done excellent business so far this summer but with Chelsea now going big for benatia and also khedira now then we want our fix! tolmie seems excited about something and the numbers game point to barkley and possibly one more. if we could grab barkley and di maria added to our current signings then we will certainly be as good as anyone else out there.

Chelsea are doing what Chelsea do, go big on short term fixes. It's bit them in the rear before and it can do so again. Shevchenko, Torres, Veron spring to mind. Great players don't always flourish at Chelsea, I personally suspect that Fabregas will be the same. I think Chelsea will be our main competition for the title next season and I'm comfortable with that, what Chelsea are doing at the moment isn't sustainable, they wish they were in our position.

Nightmare Walking said:
This thread really does seem to have morphed into a game of football manager. I can not believe people seriously wanted to buy Alexis Sanchez without addressing the quite glaring weakness we have at centre back.

I could understand going for Sanchez as a replacement for a forward player but not instead of a centre back.

Also if it was the rapid forward player we required, we would be better going balls deep for Walcott. Not only does he look faster, but he has also scored more goals in less games, in a better league than Sanchez has played. Plus he is home grown. We may not have got Walcott and Sanchez was available but I would still rather have tried for Walcott.

I can't believe that anybody who has watched a game of football in their life would prefer Walcott to Sanchez, not having it.

Puppet Master Silva said:
Nightmare Walking said:
This thread really does seem to have morphed into a game of football manager. I can not believe people seriously wanted to buy Alexis Sanchez without addressing the quite glaring weakness we have at centre back.

I could understand going for Sanchez as a replacement for a forward player but not instead of a centre back.

Also if it was the rapid forward player we required, we would be better going balls deep for Walcott. Not only does he look faster, but he has also scored more goals in less games, in a better league than Sanchez has played. Plus he is home grown. We may not have got Walcott and Sanchez was available but I would still rather have tried for Walcott.

I can't believe that anybody who has watched a game of football in their life would prefer Walcott to Sanchez, not having it.

Which one is faster and which one scores more goals?

Nightmare Walking said:
Nightmare Walking said:

Is that a serious question or are you being intentionally stupid?

Nightmare Walking said:

I will have you a tenner bet now that Sanchez does not tear us apart next season like Walcott did in the 6-3 last year.

Nightmare Walking said:

Is that a serious question or are you being intentionally stupid?

Walcott plays in a harder league than Sanchez ever has. He has also scored more goals in less games than Sanchez. He is also faster than Sanchez. He is also home grown.
Yet for some reason you seem to think it is ridiculous to prefer Walcott.

Nightmare Walking said:
Nightmare Walking said:

I will have you a tenner bet now that Sanchez does not tear us apart next season like Walcott did in the 6-3 last year.

Both Sanchez and Walcott are 25.

Sanchez career goals: 93
Walcott career goals: 74

Sanchez international: 24
Walcott international: 5

I think we can see clearly the impact of FFP now starting to take hold. Since it's induction, Arsenal are now starting to sign true world class players in Ozil and Sanchez. I like Navas but you would have to say in world terms he is a level below Sanchez. Chelsea are signing world level quality in Fabregas and Costa on top of Hazard. Annoyingly, Chelsea have also been able toe secure top dollar on good but not brilliant players in Mata and Luiz.

It is all setting up for an ultra competitive premier league, more so than ever. My concern now with FFP is our ability to transition from this team/squad which is undoubtedly incredibly strong but is on the high side in age terms, to the next iteration without having the big spending power we had before FFP

Make no mistake you can already see FFP having the desired effect.

richards30 said:
I think most of us just love a big name signing? no one is disputing that we have done excellent business so far this summer but with Chelsea now going big for benatia and also khedira now then we want our fix! tolmie seems excited about something and the numbers game point to barkley and possibly one more. if we could grab barkley and di maria added to our current signings then we will certainly be as good as anyone else out there.
we are champions and deserve it plus we have vastly improved our fantastic squad with the correct players i feel. But sometimes a top club needs to buy a big name top player to raise the game within the club the fans the media like sergio,robinho,yaya moment which puts our marker down . Most top european clubs do this most summer windows although i know this summer is harder for us with ffp

Nightmare Walking said:

Both Sanchez and Walcott are 25.

Sanchez career goals: 93
Walcott career goals: 74

Sanchez international: 24
Walcott international: 5

doh maybe I should have checked a bit better lol. Even so their goal scoring record is not dissimilar with Walcott having played fewer games in a far tougher league. He is also home grown.
I like Walcott, I think he is a class act. People seriously under rate him. As shown against us last season, he ripped us to shreds. If Sanchez manages that next season then I will hold my hands up. But I stand by my opinion that I would rather have Walcott.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.