And so it begins...

uwe rosler 28 said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
TCIB said:
They would offer us another dimension defo, just a bit strong saying the other chaps view is ridiculous imo bud that is all.
They most likely would improve us though not as direct upgrades but enabling us to play to other tactical strengths.

I stand by my point that all those players would have improved our squad and we shouldn't be restricted to sign players by FFCheating

We have an amazing squad and first 11 but I'm sick of this FFP garbage designed to restrict competition and protect the established high revenue stream clubs.

If we wanted to sign these players we shouldn't be denied the opportunity due to financial restrictions which restrict growth and EU completion laws

I agree they would improve the squad but only 1 would improve the first 11 that was my opinion.

Fair play, Sanchez would have been a great purchase for us

pudge said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
TCIB said:
They would offer us another dimension defo, just a bit strong saying the other chaps view is ridiculous imo bud that is all.
They most likely would improve us though not as direct upgrades but enabling us to play to other tactical strengths.

I stand by my point that all those players would have improved our squad and we shouldn't be restricted to sign players by FFCheating

We have an amazing squad and first 11 but I'm sick of this FFP garbage designed to restrict competition and protect the established high revenue stream clubs.

If we wanted to sign these players we shouldn't be denied the opportunity due to financial restrictions which restrict growth and EU completion laws
Of course they would improve our squad. Would they improve our first team? Debatable, I would personally say no.

FFP aside, do you spend £30m+ on players that won't improve your first team?

Players like Fabregas, Vidal and Pogba wouldn't be guaranteed starters here, would they then want to sign for us?

Even if they were, who do we drop? You don't tear down a title winning team, especially not in such a crucial position like the middle of midfield at the very least.

You also don't tinker too much with the set up of a double winning team, in my opinion, as much as you do the players in it.

We can't sign every good player that may be available, regardless of FFP restrictions. We only need to tweak our squad (with the exception of a quality CB, which has been need for too long) and I believe even if we weren't restricted in our spending we still wouldn't have thrown money around this summer.

You can't expect other teams to not sign good players and as I've said before, we can't sign them simply so rivals don't.

Whatever you say mate. Cesc or sanchez would represent a drastic improvement over nasri or edin/beast. I understand valuing the squad you have, and we have an impressive one, but we squeaked the league last year and upgrading a position or two a year doesn't represent 'tearing down the squad.' I remain of the opinion that Demi has at least one good year left and Nasti may come good, thus the massive money we are spending on Mangala could have been better allocated.

I think most of us just love a big name signing? no one is disputing that we have done excellent business so far this summer but with Chelsea now going big for benatia and also khedira now then we want our fix! tolmie seems excited about something and the numbers game point to barkley and possibly one more. if we could grab barkley and di maria added to our current signings then we will certainly be as good as anyone else out there.

richards30 said:
I think most of us just love a big name signing? no one is disputing that we have done excellent business so far this summer but with Chelsea now going big for benatia and also khedira now then we want our fix! tolmie seems excited about something and the numbers game point to barkley and possibly one more. if we could grab barkley and di maria added to our current signings then we will certainly be as good as anyone else out there.

With the current price PSG are willing to pay for Di Maria cant see us getting a look in, mind you Di Maria prefers the PL and wants CL football...

yeah whatever !! said:
We are Champions and we have improved our squad... chill folks..

I agree....what we have to remember is that last year we signed....Fernandinho, Navas, Jovetic and Negredo all to improve our attacking options...The only way we were going to see Sanchaz, Vidal etc is if we sold someone first...otherwise, I think City are set.....Yes, a Sanchez can always help your team and would make an impact but was Sanchez or Vidal a need at this point? I would say no.......We did after all get a record number of goals last season....This transfer window has been about the defense and improving/protecting our back 4 and in that we have done a great job (once Mangala is confirmed) The only other signing that would make sense is Barkley...young, talented and homegrow......If Yaya is on the way out next season then finding a young guy that doesn't need to be pushed into starting every game this year but allowing him to grow for a full season ready to step in as Yaya's replacement in 2015, would be good business....just my personal view!

This thread really does seem to have morphed into a game of football manager. I can not believe people seriously wanted to buy Alexis Sanchez without addressing the quite glaring weakness we have at centre back.

I could understand going for Sanchez as a replacement for a forward player but not instead of a centre back.

Also if it was the rapid forward player we required, we would be better going balls deep for Walcott. Not only does he look faster, but he has also scored more goals in less games, in a better league than Sanchez has played. Plus he is home grown. We may not have got Walcott and Sanchez was available but I would still rather have tried for Walcott.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.