And so it begins...

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Jack74 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
I only think sanchez would improve our team out of that lot.

On the left instead of Silva , all 4 it someone with a bit pace and go past a man , and he can finish
Haha! Good old Jack. Predictable as clockwork.
He's the worst fucking wum on here. I just pity him. His mum must've shagged Silva and been dumped.

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
TCIB said:
Ridiculous statement! Fabregas wouldn't improve our team?

Vidal and Pogba are seen as top CM

Not ridiculous at all, you may disagree but it is far from ridiculous.

TCIB mate, you don't think Vidal or Pogba would improve City if we signed them?

The point is though we should be free to choose if we want to spend or not, what we want to spend, what we want to invest and how we want to progress our club.

Why should FFCorruption be allowed to dictate our business investment!?

They would offer us another dimension defo, just a bit strong saying the other chaps view is ridiculous imo bud that is all.
They most likely would improve us though not as direct upgrades but enabling us to play to other tactical strengths.

TCIB said:
TCIB said:
Not ridiculous at all, you may disagree but it is far from ridiculous.

The point is though we should be free to choose if we want to spend or not, what we want to spend, what we want to invest and how we want to progress our club.

They would offer us another dimension defo, just a bit strong saying the other chaps view is ridiculous imo bud that is all.
They most likely would improve us though not as direct upgrades but enabling us to play to other tactical strengths.

I stand by my point that all those players would have improved our squad and we shouldn't be restricted to sign players by FFCheating

We have an amazing squad and first 11 but I'm sick of this FFP garbage designed to restrict competition and protect the established high revenue stream clubs.

If we wanted to sign these players we shouldn't be denied the opportunity due to financial restrictions which restrict growth and EU completion laws

LoveCity said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
ColinLee said:
Of course not, why would he want to come to the Champions, to win trophies, CL football, a fatter wage check and to play with genuinely world class players? It would make no sense whatsoever.

if i was him i wouldn't, he needs games and to play every week, not come here and sit on the bench, he aint gonna replace yaya, fernandinho, or fernando. he's at a great club who look after there youth players with a great manager.

Our record on english players isn't great either right now. everton is the best place for him

I've seen you complain before that we have too few English players, then whenever we're linked with one you are negative and say they shouldn't join us. What exactly do you want...? If you don't think we should have one of very few young English players who may have a chance here, then how can we improve our English presence?

ive already explained to you, that of course i want more english players at city, but i want them to regularly play and not sit on the bench. i dont want to see barkley move here and sit on the bench, its just my opinion he would be better at everton right now. if there good enough then great, but for england as well as city i want them to play every week.

TCIB said:

I stand by my point that all those players would have improved our squad and we shouldn't be restricted to sign players by FFCheating

We have an amazing squad and first 11 but I'm sick of this FFP garbage designed to restrict competition and protect the established high revenue stream clubs.

If we wanted to sign these players we shouldn't be denied the opportunity due to financial restrictions which restrict growth and EU completion laws
Of course they would improve our squad. Would they improve our first team? Debatable, I would personally say no.

FFP aside, do you spend £30m+ on players that won't improve your first team?

Players like Fabregas, Vidal and Pogba wouldn't be guaranteed starters here, would they then want to sign for us?

Even if they were, who do we drop? You don't tear down a title winning team, especially not in such a crucial position like the middle of midfield at the very least.

You also don't tinker too much with the set up of a double winning team, in my opinion, as much as you do the players in it.

We can't sign every good player that may be available, regardless of FFP restrictions. We only need to tweak our squad (with the exception of a quality CB, which has been need for too long) and I believe even if we weren't restricted in our spending we still wouldn't have thrown money around this summer.

You can't expect other teams to not sign good players and as I've said before, we can't sign them simply so rivals don't.

TCIB said:

I agree they would improve the squad but only 1 would improve the first 11 that was my opinion.

pudge said:
TCIB said:

Of course they would improve our squad. Would they improve our first team? Debatable, I would personally say no.

FFP aside, do you spend £30m+ on players that won't improve your first team?

Players like Fabregas, Vidal and Pogba wouldn't be guaranteed starters here, would they then want to sign for us?

Even if they were, who do we drop? You don't tear down a title winning team, especially not in such a crucial position like the middle of midfield at the very least.

You also don't tinker too much with the set up of a double winning team, in my opinion, as much as you do the players in it.

We can't sign every good player that may be available, regardless of FFP restrictions. We only need to tweak our squad (with the exception of a quality CB, which has been need for too long) and I believe even if we weren't restricted in our spending we still wouldn't have thrown money around this summer.

You can't expect other teams to not sign good players and as I've said before, we can't sign them simply so rivals don't.

That seems to be a lot of peoples problem on here. Spitting their dummy out because City haven't bought every good player available this summer just so our rivals can't buy them.

Yeah, others buying top quality has never bothered me either, it is what it is...a part of the game.
I just like to know we get who we target, not pipped at the finishing line and we have a sensible aproach to transfers.
I feel both my focal points are well catered for thus far.

You can't help be a little envious when other clubs make good signings but I always console myself by remembering that even if we sign no one we are still in with a shout for some success ... which would be beyond our wildest dreams only a few years back.

Most important thing for me is that we play well and try hard ... basically I want to feel proud of City even when we lose. I could feel that (most of the time) when we were shit (most of the time). To feel that in 100% of the games would be perfection. And that comes regardless of who else signs who. Maybe this the perfect season (regardless of silverware)? I hope so.

uwe rosler 28 said:
richards30 said:
Fucking FFP! Of all summers it was this one! Some amazing players have will yet move. Fabregas, alexis sanchez, probably vidal and pogba.

I only think sanchez would improve our team out of that lot.

Ridiculous statement! Fabregas wouldn't improve our team?

Vidal and Pogba are seen as top CM
I think Uwe's point was that Sanchez would have had the loudest bang for the bucks. Granted all 4 players are close to WC, but the improvement the other 3 would have brought would have been marginal. In esesnse, we would have had to bench someone close to WC for someone close to WC. Be that Yaya for Fabregas or Pogba or Fernandihno for VIdal. Regardless of where anyone stands on who is better, te point remains the improvement or not would have been marginal.

Sanchez on the other hand would have brought a dimension to our squad that we lacked. A fearsome, relentless, speed dribbler with lots of goals in him. Sure we would have lost a bit of Nasri ball possession skills. but we would have gained so much more on the counter, on speed and aggressive attacking. Sanchez is Ben Arfa on steriods.

And personally, I would have taken him at 25 million over any CD at all. Like I have said on previous threads, the believe that we need a CD is nothing but a self fulfilling prophesy. As Both Kompany and MDM showed at the WC, we have 2 of the more capable defenders in the league even perhaps the world. Backed up by a 22 year old who was very good his first season before injuries riddled his last. We have another kid who was a top 3 CD in the Dutch league and was one player out of the dutch team, not to mention the backups in Boyata, and Sagna who can deputiz in a jiffy. I haven't even gotten to the case of Richards yet, the RB who really is a CB with power, speed, aggression and a fearlessness matched by none other. Too bad he is oft injured. But even he can play the position. Yet in spite of all this, the problems of growing into a new system, that manifested itself in players making mistakes as they adjust, somehow connedthe majority into the false belief that we are seriously lacking at a position of strenght.

In reality, our greatest weakness on defense, was actually in midfield. I.e. a midfield that often failed to pressure the ball, which leaves a highline defence in dissaray, when the player on the ball is a allowed to pick out a pass without pressure. If I am correct, I believe the purchase of Fernando actually helps to fix that problem. Add Fernando to Fernandihno harrassing players in the middle and suddenly our defense becomes marauding.

Sanchez demoralizing defenses on the other end, would have helped break down a lot of the 2 banks of 4 we and other top clubs will be seeing this season. More so than any defender will help stop the very few top teams we will come up against.

And on a personal note, I dont see any defender be that Benatia or Mangala, moving MDM out of the starting 11 this season. Many will soon realize how good MDM is. Sanchez on the other hand, would likely have moved Nasri out of the starting 11. And thus adding more talent to the starters and the bench.

But hey, I'm just a fan who sees things differently. And yes, I would have taken Sanchez and Fernando as our 2 For signing this season. Wouldnt have signed the foreign goalie either.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.