And so it begins...

Puppet Master Silva said:
richards30 said:
I think most of us just love a big name signing? no one is disputing that we have done excellent business so far this summer but with Chelsea now going big for benatia and also khedira now then we want our fix! tolmie seems excited about something and the numbers game point to barkley and possibly one more. if we could grab barkley and di maria added to our current signings then we will certainly be as good as anyone else out there.

Chelsea are doing what Chelsea do, go big on short term fixes. It's bit them in the rear before and it can do so again. Shevchenko, Torres, Veron spring to mind. Great players don't always flourish at Chelsea, I personally suspect that Fabregas will be the same. I think Chelsea will be our main competition for the title next season and I'm comfortable with that, what Chelsea are doing at the moment isn't sustainable, they wish they were in our position.

Chelsea are still dog shit up front for me costa hasn't proved anything yet 1 good season and looked shit at world cup. Torres looks like he's ready for championship football also lets see how costa copes without a winter break! I admit chelsea are very strong in every other position but I'd still have us as stronger unless they sign 2 20 goal a season center forwards I feel we have 3 possibly 4.

uwe rosler 28 said:
Puppet Master Silva said:
richards30 said:
I think most of us just love a big name signing? no one is disputing that we have done excellent business so far this summer but with Chelsea now going big for benatia and also khedira now then we want our fix! tolmie seems excited about something and the numbers game point to barkley and possibly one more. if we could grab barkley and di maria added to our current signings then we will certainly be as good as anyone else out there.

Chelsea are doing what Chelsea do, go big on short term fixes. It's bit them in the rear before and it can do so again. Shevchenko, Torres, Veron spring to mind. Great players don't always flourish at Chelsea, I personally suspect that Fabregas will be the same. I think Chelsea will be our main competition for the title next season and I'm comfortable with that, what Chelsea are doing at the moment isn't sustainable, they wish they were in our position.

Chelsea are still dog shit up front for me costa hasn't proved anything yet 1 good season and looked shit at world cup. Torres looks like he's ready for championship football also lets see how costa copes without a winter break! I admit chelsea are very strong in every other position but I'd still have us as stronger unless they sign 2 20 goal a season center forwards I feel we have 3 possibly 4.
Wouldnt rule out cavani yet think he is makin waves to come to prem

pml79 said:
richards30 said:
we are champions and deserve it plus we have vastly improved our fantastic squad with the correct players i feel. But sometimes a top club needs to buy a big name top player to raise the game within the club the fans the media like sergio,robinho,yaya moment which puts our marker down . Most top european clubs do this most summer windows although i know this summer is harder for us with ffp

I wish we would stop calling this Financial Fair Play, nothing fair about this

A more appropriate name would be Financial Faux Pa

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
pml79 said:
richards30 said:
we are champions and deserve it plus we have vastly improved our fantastic squad with the correct players i feel. But sometimes a top club needs to buy a big name top player to raise the game within the club the fans the media like sergio,robinho,yaya moment which puts our marker down . Most top european clubs do this most summer windows although i know this summer is harder for us with ffp

I wish we would stop calling this FFP fair, nothing fair about this

A more appropriate name would be Financial Faux Pa
It is a Fuckin Farce Pisstake

I would prefer a player that fits our system than just a big name,too many people demand big names,its not where we are at,we have or had the best 11 in the league bar none,we if we could field our top 11 are head and shoulders ahead of anybody,even now with arse,chel,united,liverpool ect spending this summer,if we keep our important players fit we will be right up there again,

the new signings have all been an upgrade on what we had in the "2nd" team,and we are getting strong all round.

as for Walcott better than sanchez,HAHAHAHAHA.

Walcott is a cracking player,but not in the same league as sanchez.

where tolm,we need more videos

sir peace frog said:
I would prefer a player that fits our system than just a big name,too many people demand big names,its not where we are at,we have or had the best 11 in the league bar none,we if we could field our top 11 are head and shoulders ahead of anybody,even now with arse,chel,united,liverpool ect spending this summer,if we keep our important players fit we will be right up there again,

the new signings have all been an upgrade on what we had in the "2nd" team,and we are getting strong all round.

as for Walcott better than sanchez,HAHAHAHAHA.

Walcott is a cracking player,but not in the same league as sanchez.

where tolm,we need more videos

No one has said that Walcott is a better player than Sanchez. I said that I would rather have Waloctt due to him being home grown, faster and proven in this league.

Now I watched both players at the Etihad last season. Walcott tore us to pieces and Sanchez did nothing. Now I appreciate we were more open against Arsenal but anyone who sat there and watched Walcott last season against us must have been impressed.

I am sorry to have derailed the thread so will leave it there. Difference of opinions really.

edit - Can I just add that I would not want either Walcott or Sanchez as I want us to spend the money on a cb.

It is interesting that Nasty, Garcia, Sinclair and Rodwell - all of the players bought for Mancini in his last summer window - are said to be in the departure lounge awaiting their final call along with Micah.

Instant_Offense said:
pudge said:
NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
I stand by my point that all those players would have improved our squad and we shouldn't be restricted to sign players by FFCheating

We have an amazing squad and first 11 but I'm sick of this FFP garbage designed to restrict competition and protect the established high revenue stream clubs.

If we wanted to sign these players we shouldn't be denied the opportunity due to financial restrictions which restrict growth and EU completion laws
Of course they would improve our squad. Would they improve our first team? Debatable, I would personally say no.

FFP aside, do you spend £30m+ on players that won't improve your first team?

Players like Fabregas, Vidal and Pogba wouldn't be guaranteed starters here, would they then want to sign for us?

Even if they were, who do we drop? You don't tear down a title winning team, especially not in such a crucial position like the middle of midfield at the very least.

You also don't tinker too much with the set up of a double winning team, in my opinion, as much as you do the players in it.

We can't sign every good player that may be available, regardless of FFP restrictions. We only need to tweak our squad (with the exception of a quality CB, which has been need for too long) and I believe even if we weren't restricted in our spending we still wouldn't have thrown money around this summer.

You can't expect other teams to not sign good players and as I've said before, we can't sign them simply so rivals don't.

Whatever you say mate. Cesc or sanchez would represent a drastic improvement over nasri or edin/beast. I understand valuing the squad you have, and we have an impressive one, but we squeaked the league last year and upgrading a position or two a year doesn't represent 'tearing down the squad.' I remain of the opinion that Demi has at least one good year left and Nasti may come good, thus the massive money we are spending on Mangala could have been better allocated.
I understand valuing the squad you have,
we squeaked the league last year
Cesc or sanchez would represent a drastic improvement over nasri or edin/beast
, Fabregas's inconsistencies over the last 3 years (as pointed out by Barca themselves) or Nasri (who BTW plays in a different position? I'll take Nasri all day long.

Sniff, sniff.

I'd love to get Walcott but surely it would be beyond farcical if we signed another Arsenal player. :-)

Blue Mooner said:
I think we can see clearly the impact of FFP now starting to take hold. Since it's induction, Arsenal are now starting to sign true world class players in Ozil and Sanchez. I like Navas but you would have to say in world terms he is a level below Sanchez. Chelsea are signing world level quality in Fabregas and Costa on top of Hazard. Annoyingly, Chelsea have also been able toe secure top dollar on good but not brilliant players in Mata and Luiz.

It is all setting up for an ultra competitive premier league, more so than ever. My concern now with FFP is our ability to transition from this team/squad which is undoubtedly incredibly strong but is on the high side in age terms, to the next iteration without having the big spending power we had before FFP

Make no mistake you can already see FFP having the desired effect.
Not from your examples we can't. Arsenal are only signing players now because they've got the debt of the stadium all the way down. Fabregas (3 years on from when he left) and Costa especially are not world class, good yes but no way world class.
What does the money Chelsea receive have to do with FFP?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.