And so it begins...

“It’s an important chance for them to show what they can do, and maybe this moment it is their moment. We have five players who have just returned from their break after the World Cup and another five or six that are still to join the squad. So I think that they are working well and playing well and they have to take their chance.”

Who are they?

1) Demichelis
2) Aguero
3) Zabaleta
4) Kompany
5) Fernandinho
6) Mangala ? or does he mean Sagna or is he with the squad already?

Anyone questioning kolarov last season is an idiot. His stats last season were top class and I wouldn't swap him for any other LB. When we need our LB to defend we have clichy.

Think the big mistake we made was signing an overseas gk as no.2. We could deffo have signed an English player to provide good cover.

blue ranger said:
Anyone questioning kolarov last season is an idiot. His stats last season were top class and I wouldn't swap him for any other LB. When we need our LB to defend we have clichy.

Think the big mistake we made was signing an overseas gk as no.2. We could deffo have signed an English player to provide good cover.
Generally in any game, we take our full backs to attack and defend - we can't just bring Clichy on when the opposition has the ball. Clichy is OK defensively, but offers little going forward. Kolarov is great going forward and, whilst he was much better last season, isn't a great defender - far too easy to cut inside him for one thing.

I'm OK going into the season with the pair of them, but I think it's an area which can be improved on by someone with a bit more balance to their game

blue ranger said:

Agreed signing Caballero early was a crazy move

blue ranger said:

But say joe gets a serious injury would westwood seriously have been good enough to play at the swamp, anfield, the bridge, nou camp or bernabuea??? Ermm.......no!

richards30 said:
blue ranger said:

But say joe gets a serious injury would westwood seriously have been good enough to play at the swamp, anfield, the bridge, nou camp or bernabuea??? Ermm.......no!

There were plenty home grown keepers available that would have been.

Marshall at Cardiff would have been good option and available at decent price.

Fraser Foster at Celtic would have been another option

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
richards30 said:
blue ranger said:

you can bet if we had gone after either of those 2 we would have been quoted silly money. Celtic would have asked for over £10 million IMO. Perhaps Cabellero fitted the bill as Pellegrini knows him, but he was the right price to then ensure we could afford Mangala without relying on player sales. I also doubt either of those 2 would be happy to come and be Harts backup

eastlands oasis said:
richards30 said:

you can bet if we had gone after either of those 2 we would have been quoted silly money. Celtic would have asked for over £10 million IMO. Perhaps Cabellero fitted the bill as Pellegrini knows him, but he was the right price to then ensure we could afford Mangala without relying on player sales. I also doubt either of those 2 would be happy to come and be Harts backup

Correct! £4.4m initial fee for a keeper of caballero quality is an outstanding deal for us!

richards30 said:
blue ranger said:

agreed. especially with forster.
if we lose anyone it has to be the kid.

de niro said:
richards30 said:

agreed. especially with forster.
if we lose anyone it has to be the kid.

Why would Forster or Marshall come to City

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.