And so it begins...

FantasyIreland said:
Kolarov would have been my fall guy for a HG replacement.
Way too important to the team and our attacking play to dispense with. Couldn't possibly sign a HG left back that could do his role, Baines being as close as it gets.

If a foreign player had to go I'd reluctantly suggest Negredo.

Do we need to get rid of anyone with the additions we've got and new cb think we've got enough to do at least the double again

NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:
Way too important to the team and our attacking play to dispense with. Couldn't possibly sign a HG left back that could do his role, Baines being as close as it gets.

Exactly,and a better defender.

This,along with the sale of Garcia,would then have freed up the Isco(or ANother) slot and the squad would have been stronger.

FantasyIreland said:
NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

This,along with the sale of Garcia,would then have freed up the Isco(or ANother) slot and the squad would have been stronger.
I think the hole from losing Kolarov would be bigger than the supposed hole Isco fills.

Predictably I'm not even that desperate to get rid of Garcia ;) (but I do think it'd be a better idea than pre-Fernando)

FantasyIreland said:
NQCitizen said:
FantasyIreland said:

All about opinions but it's beyond me why anyone would want kolorov out. Quality player and you can tell he loves it here....and apart from anything else has contributed massively to some of the highs over that 3 years. Baines can stay where he is for me as not a patch on kolorov.

I think Zucullini can replace,and be an improvement on,Garcia.

But like ive said previous,Garcia surprised me last season,he wasn't as bad as i'd continuously stated prior and without him I doubt we'd have the silverware.

Kolarov,i like the lad,but he is vastly overrated by many on here.I believe we make him look better than he is,at least until we play genuine quality.

FantasyIreland said:
I think Zucullini can replace,and be an improvement on,Garcia.

But like ive said previous,Garcia surprised me last season,he wasn't as bad as i'd continuously stated prior and without him I doubt we'd have the silverware.

Kolarov,i like the lad,but he is vastly overrated by many on here.I believe we make him look better than he is,at least until we play genuine quality.

It's Navas who has to go

manimanc said:
Kolorov is a great winger....
And that kind of makes him a bit of a naff defender by default....
Don't agree mate, kolorov can defend, it's a bit of a myth that he can't

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.