And so it begins...

117 M34 said:
OrigamiNinja said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
£200,000 a week between Richards, Rodwell, Sinclair and Guidetti, with no squad place on offer, it bothers City.

Especially with the money they could put to good use, elsewhere.

We should think about this for just a second. None of these players can or will meaningfully contribute, next season.

Barkley would take £100k a week and we would still have wiggle room on the wage bill to spare.

Be lucky to get £20m for that four the way some clubs are low-balling.

I would argue that £20m for those four would represent a decent return for City. If we can get that, snap the buyers hands off.

Decent? It would be incredible. If they were to all go, it would be closer to 10m. However, I think it will be £0 and all 4 will still be here (or on loan) this time next year - apart from micah who will go on a free.

Unfortunately, I think you are pretty much bang on the money.

Richards - 3rd choice RB and built more like a heavyweight boxer.
Rodwell - Crock
Sinclair - No good
Guidetti - Totally unproven in the Prem.

Cant imagine clubs are queuing around the block!

OrigamiNinja said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Nimrod still on the ground!

Real problems for us. Clubs are seriously taking the piss when it comes to asking about the players we already have.

There's no way Garcia will be going anywhere if things remain the same.

We should sue UEFA for making our financial and squad restrictions so public.

August will be a long month...

No surprise there. I said last week that us making £50m or so from sales was nothing more than fantasy talk. Clubs have seen in previous windows how easily City cave in towards deadline day, theres no reason to believe this summer will be any different. What chairman is going to give the go ahead for a £10m bid for someone like Rodwell when they know come the end of August City will be desperate to get rid on loan?

I doubt we would be remotely desperate to get rid of Rodwell, we have the squad spot, he is no trouble we would keep him happily . We were desperate to get shot of 200k a week troublemakers or players we felt were disruptive

OrigamiNinja said:
No surprise there. I said last week that us making £50m or so from sales was nothing more than fantasy talk. Clubs have seen in previous windows how easily City cave in towards deadline day, theres no reason to believe this summer will be any different. What chairman is going to give the go ahead for a £10m bid for someone like Rodwell when they know come the end of August City will be desperate to get rid on loan?

Then we should be being very vocal about utilising those assetts in loans to NYCFC and Melbourne, the rags/Dippers/Tarquins etc will acuse us of doping trhe regulations by using our wider group but ultimately it may force one or two clubs hand if they think we have a better option than seeking fair market value from a buyer

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Nimrod still on the ground!

Real problems for us. Clubs are seriously taking the piss when it comes to asking about the players we already have.

There's no way Garcia will be going anywhere if things remain the same.

We should sue UEFA for making our financial and squad restrictions so public.

August will be a long month...

I am tempted to say that we should have had the UEFA buffoons in court before it got that far.

Won't we loan out Garcia with an option to buy and take a loan fee, Tolmie? For a while I've thought that would be the only solution (because of his high wages) with our pressing and public need to sell a foreigner because of the quota. And it's a deal the Italian clubs love.

I would hope someone would take a punt at £4m or so for Sinclair, he seems rejuvenated and ready to play again. What happened to Southampton's interest as reported some time back by the Telegraph, I wonder...

How many years Javi Garcia has remaining in his contract? 2 or 3? Because I have read conflicting reports that he have signed 5 or 4 year deal.

Danamy said:
johnmc said:
Tolmie, tell the board that we should offer them as a job lot to Southampton. £15m. Thanks.

You may jest but they have plenty in the kitty and are showing interest in two of them.

ideal situation for Southampton regarding a few of our players that are surplus to our squad 2-3 would fit in with Southampton with a decent amount of experience and do a good job for them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.