And so it begins...

Let's take a look at our seriously unwanted players :

Boyata - Really, really poor concentration and panicky. Not qualities you search for in a CH. A player who has been in perma decline since an early penalty and red card v. Arsenal about 5 years ago. He'll end up dissapearing from view when he leaves us, and you'll never hear of him again (unless you wiki him).

Richards - Seldom fit. Constant muscle problems probably linked to weight. I actually thought that the departure of Lescott may help him as his seemingly pointless competition over who was the 'most buff' would end, but it'd seem that Pellegrini has made the choice that he'd rather not be left up shit creek without a paddle if Zaba get's injured by buying Sagna.

Rodwell - Muscular problems his entire career. Great purchase in terms of potential, poor in terms of investment. The panic buys of panic buys which we took a gamble on and lost horribly. He definitly has the ability, that isn't the issue I don't think, but you see a few decent things for him and think that we may be at a new dawn, and then he pulls a hamstring again.

Garcia - Far to slow for the PL. Played well at back end of the season due to good players around him (and - due to physical inactivity - probably not being as jaded as opponents were after a long PL season). Certainly not good, or physically dominating enough, to switch to centre-half either.

Sinclair - Our version of a Spice Boy. Okay at quite a few things, but nowhere near the quality that we're looking for and and indication of English obsession with quick wingers who don't actually possess that much skill (Redmond, Walcott, Moses..... I was convinced Sterling was in this group but it would seem not).

Guidetti - Has never done anything and would actually be a waste of a place in our squad when we have Iheanacho who is showing roughly double the potential that Guidetti has ever shown (be it in friendlies, the Dutch league or elsewhere). We all know that Hughes is a bit of a nob, but I've seen nothing to suggest that he was worth a place on Stoke's bench last year.

You may agree or disagree with my notes there (probably the latter) but I'd value them at (max.) :

Boyata - 2m (probably by a championship or Belgian side)
Richards - 4m (as 1 year left)
Rodwell - 5m (probably by a lower PL team who need to take a chance)
Garcia - 7m (italian side. suited for their speed, but that means we'll get very little for him)
Sinclair - 4m (see rodwell, but - with the exception of last season - injured far less often than rodwell)
Guidetti - 3m (from a stupid Dutch side who remember him for what he was, not what he is)

= 25m max., and that's 5 homegrown, which means that we're playing cash for the horrible recruitment of the close season after we won the league for the first time (blame it on Marwood, blame it on Mancini, we'll never know the truth), but it doesn't change the fact that we have a load of toss in our sqaud (but also, as it happens, the best 22 in England by a country mile........ the distance by which I think we will win the league).

Danamy said:
johnmc said:
Tolmie, tell the board that we should offer them as a job lot to Southampton. £15m. Thanks.

You may jest but they have plenty in the kitty and are showing interest in two of them.
Can imagine some deal for Guidetti. Wasn't Koeman his manager at Feyenoord?

Plus, they have gaps to fill out the wazoo

Clubs will take it till the final hr and try and get a bargain. We should tell them the final day we will do a deal and keep to it. We are already stronger than we were last season.

jonmcity said:
Clubs will take it till the final hr and try and get a bargain. We should tell them the final day we will do a deal and keep to it. We are already stronger than we were last season.

Absolutely. It doesn't change the fact that the clubs that need our players will need them to have them in place soon.*

Hold our ground and we'll sell whoever we want to sell to English clubs (especially given that the minimum prize money for last season was 60m).

I knew we'd struggle to shift the deadwood. Not only do clubs know we are desperate to sell thanks to FFP but also the players are on stupid wages for players of their ability so even if we get a bid if they don't match their wages they will simply refuse to leave. But I do think it is time for City to make a stand about clubs constantly taking the piss trying to get our players on the cheap when you have the other clubs getting decent money for their shit players. Set a deadline before the window shuts and say you either make us an acceptable offer by then or you can fuck off and try again in January.

RandomJ said:
I knew we'd struggle to shift the deadwood. Not only do clubs know we are desperate to sell thanks to FFP but also the players are on stupid wages for players of their ability so even if we get a bid if they don't match their wages they will simply refuse to leave. But I do think it is time for City to make a stand about clubs constantly taking the piss trying to get our players on the cheap when you have the other clubs getting decent money for their shit players. Set a deadline before the window shuts and say you either make us an acceptable offer by then or you can fuck off and try again in January.

But are we desperate to sell? It's not like we've gone and spent over the 49m and we need to sell to balance the books

Yes there it won't be ideal to have players knocking about for a season and not getting games, but i wouldn't say were desperate to sell

chris85mcfc said:
RandomJ said:

But are we desperate to sell? It's not like we've gone and spent over the 49m and we need to sell to balance the books

Yes there it won't be ideal to have players knocking about for a season and not getting games, but i wouldn't say were desperate to sell

If we're looking to bring another player besides Mangala in then we are desperate to sell. If not then we should be ok but as you say not ideal having players who are offering nothing knocking around.

lost_n_spaced said:
Let's take a look at our seriously unwanted players :

Boyata - Really, really poor concentration and panicky. Not qualities you search for in a CH. A player who has been in perma decline since an early penalty and red card v. Arsenal about 5 years ago. He'll end up dissapearing from view when he leaves us, and you'll never hear of him again (unless you wiki him).

Richards - Seldom fit. Constant muscle problems probably linked to weight. I actually thought that the departure of Lescott may help him as his seemingly pointless competition over who was the 'most buff' would end, but it'd seem that Pellegrini has made the choice that he'd rather not be left up shit creek without a paddle if Zaba get's injured by buying Sagna.

Rodwell - Muscular problems his entire career. Great purchase in terms of potential, poor in terms of investment. The panic buys of panic buys which we took a gamble on and lost horribly. He definitly has the ability, that isn't the issue I don't think, but you see a few decent things for him and think that we may be at a new dawn, and then he pulls a hamstring again.

Garcia - Far to slow for the PL. Played well at back end of the season due to good players around him (and - due to physical inactivity - probably not being as jaded as opponents were after a long PL season). Certainly not good, or physically dominating enough, to switch to centre-half either.

Sinclair - Our version of a Spice Boy. Okay at quite a few things, but nowhere near the quality that we're looking for and and indication of English obsession with quick wingers who don't actually possess that much skill (Redmond, Walcott, Moses..... I was convinced Sterling was in this group but it would seem not).

Guidetti - Has never done anything and would actually be a waste of a place in our squad when we have Iheanacho who is showing roughly double the potential that Guidetti has ever shown (be it in friendlies, the Dutch league or elsewhere). We all know that Hughes is a bit of a nob, but I've seen nothing to suggest that he was worth a place on Stoke's bench last year.

You may agree or disagree with my notes there (probably the latter) but I'd value them at (max.) :

Boyata - 2m (probably by a championship or Belgian side)
Richards - 4m (as 1 year left)
Rodwell - 5m (probably by a lower PL team who need to take a chance)
Garcia - 7m (italian side. suited for their speed, but that means we'll get very little for him)
Sinclair - 4m (see rodwell, but - with the exception of last season - injured far less often than rodwell)
Guidetti - 3m (from a stupid Dutch side who remember him for what he was, not what he is)

= 25m max., and that's 5 homegrown, which means that we're playing cash for the horrible recruitment of the close season after we won the league for the first time (blame it on Marwood, blame it on Mancini, we'll never know the truth), but it doesn't change the fact that we have a load of toss in our sqaud (but also, as it happens, the best 22 in England by a country mile........ the distance by which I think we will win the league).

Guidetti isn't showing anything that makes it look like he could play at the top level again. In fact, there's little to suggest he could make it in a lower league at the moment. But to suggest he's never done anything is ridiculous. If we'd just signed a 20 year old who'd scored 20 in 23 for Feyenoord, we'd all be excited.

As for your valuations, I wish. They sound reasonable based on their performances, but clubs won't want to pay their current wages. So either we give them away, or take a fee and end up contributing to their salaries. From an FFP view, it depends if we want to buy again. If not, we may be better letting them go cheaply without any future payments, as at least it lowers the wage bill, meaning we could buy in January (if the €60m restriction was only for a window and not a season)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
citytill1die84 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Nimrod still on the ground!

Real problems for us. Clubs are seriously taking the piss when it comes to asking about the players we already have.

There's no way Garcia will be going anywhere if things remain the same.

We should sue UEFA for making our financial and squad restrictions so public.

August will be a long month...

Out going don't bother me seal Mangala and it's been an excellent window imo. The squad we have is incredible and that makes me happy we don't need any more players.

£200,000 a week between Richards, Rodwell, Sinclair and Guidetti, with no squad place on offer, it bothers City.

Especially with the money they could put to good use, elsewhere.

We should think about this for just a second. None of these players can or will meaningfully contribute, next season.

Barkley would take £100k a week and we would still have wiggle room on the wage bill to spare.

Be lucky to get £20m for that four the way some clubs are low-balling.
Methinks Tolmie is a little deluded! How is that "low-balling"? Those 4 players are shite and perma-injured. Richards must be worth about 3m, Rodwell 4-5m, Sinclair 2-3m, Guidetti I'd take 1-2m for him, he used to be promising but then illness ruined him. So that's between 10 and 13 million. Clubs would be mental to pay any more than that.

City are apparently asking for £10m in cash for Rodwell. There is said to be loads of interest but I doubt any of the interested parties had that sort of figure in mind. It'd be better to take low fees for these players, but with heavy add-ons if they perform at their new clubs plus sell-on clauses.

BTW, looks like Jenkinson is going to Hull who were rumoured to be willing to pay £8m for Micah earlier this summer. One less possible destination for him and we're running out of clubs to flog him to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.